Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A glut of RS6's for sale

Quote Originally Posted by EATRICE View Post

Benman and DK - Did either of you decide to sell? Where are you listed?
    I can't speak of DK, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I like the car too much. Sad as I don't get the proper use out of the Beast anymore, but every time I think of selling, I know I'll miss it and MkII (as awesome as it will be) will just not be the original. Add to that the MkII will be $100K+!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

EATRICE: too busy to drive RS6 around and no words that can express my feeling to this RED mint condition RS6. Congratulations to you as well.
    Will write up more later on

Quote Originally Posted by EATRICE View Post
    emc2 - Congratulations on your new red RS6!

Spidercat - Congratulations on your new black RS6!

And congratulations to me on my new Green RS6!

THREE PROUD NEW OWNERS - (Coincidentally, all cars have black interiors, warm weather package and sport exhausts. And all three of us bid on the yellow one that's now for sale again!)

Benman and DK - Did either of you decide to sell? Where are you listed?

Ben916 - Did you decide to buy? I would first check out Benman's and DK's cars!

Now who's going to be the next owner of the Yellow one!

I purchased my RS6 -fully loaded with 22,000 miles - for a little over $70,000 from Boardwalk Audi in March of '06; it was certified pre-owned and is still in basically showroom condition. I love the car to death, but seeing the recent decline in the pricing of used RS6s, I kind of wish that I waited a little longer...I really don't care though...I had to get it, and I'm glad I did. Hey, where I live, only a couple of people have ever heard of the Beast.
    2003 RS6, 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible, 2005 S4 Cabriolet, 2000 S4, & 2001 A6 2.8

Have decided to sell; just looking for an appreciative buyer. All inquiries welcome. The car isn't listed anywhere, except on Bloomberg, a subscription website for investment professionals. Window shoppers only, so far.

The yellow one went for $41,100. Congrats to the new owner!

$10,000 less than it sold in June. I bid early but decided to hold out for an RS6 with less miles. I'll just have to wait a little longer to claim the beast as one of my own.
    89 911 C4 Chipped and exhaust work
    99 911 C2 With Aero package
    02 WRX Heavily modified (sold)
    89 VW GLI 16V (Sold 11yrs ago, but one of my favorite cars ever)

Quote Originally Posted by PUIDR View Post
    $10,000 less than it sold in June. I bid early but decided to hold out for an RS6 with less miles. I'll just have to wait a little longer to claim the beast as one of my own.
    Check out DK's! His warranty goes all the way to next fall and he has only 22k miles!

Quote Originally Posted by spidercat
    The yellow one went for $41,100. Congrats to the new owner!
    Yep. I feel sorry for the New Zelander who bought it and lost $9000 in a month. But, I think he realized that he paid a premium for a color he loved.

The $41,100 price was more appropriate for the car and the market (color aside). I had bid $42k the first time it was for sale, so I think the new owner should be happy. Spidercat, what did you bid on it the first time? I know emc2 also had bid on it, so that's (3) less bidders this time around.

EATRICE,

I think I was in the mid-30's range. I can't remember. I know that once it hit 37k, I was out of the game. I was actually glad that it quickly escalated far beyond that range the first time around, since I didn't want to get cought up in a bidding war, and I knew that I had mixed feelings about "ticket-me yellow" on an RS6, anyway.

Like I said, I really wanted the blackbird metallic car, which was also staring me down at the same time with its 46,500 reserve and less miles(not to mention only a few hours drive away). That being said, for over $10k less, I think I could've lived with the yellowbird (kinda paid homage to Ruf's old CTR in my mind)!

I feel sorry for the guy who took such a big hit on it, though. I wonder why he didn't put a reserve on it? I've been trying to sell a totally custom hot-rod Toyota truck w/ a Ford 347 Stroker motor (incidentally also bright yellow, item #330144040124 if anyone's interested) for about 3 weeks now on ebay, but it's hard finding a buyer who both wants that particular vehicle and also has the cash. It certainly helps having the element of time on your side.

I'm curious as to what the value on an "average" RS6 will be (if there is such an animal) in a year or two. I tend to think that the prices will stabilize after this year, when many warranties/leases are up, and those that choose to sell now are temporarily flooding the market with cars. I could be wrong, though, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure they'll still depreciate, but not the $20k drop that happened since last year. So it really doesn't matter that much to me if the price goes up, down, or sideways in the long run, because mine's a keeper. They'll have to pry my RS6 from my cold, dead fingers (figuratively, of course)!

Scam alert

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...se&search_lang

Wow talk about a price drop! The yellow RS6 that sold for $41,100 4 days is now selling at $18,000. Anyone feel like calling this scam artist?
    89 911 C4 Chipped and exhaust work
    99 911 C2 With Aero package
    02 WRX Heavily modified (sold)
    89 VW GLI 16V (Sold 11yrs ago, but one of my favorite cars ever)

Quote Originally Posted by PUIDR View Post
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...se&search_lang

Wow talk about a price drop! The yellow RS6 that sold for $41,100 4 days is now selling at $18,000. Anyone feel like calling this scam artist?
    Definitely a scam. I reported it to AutoTrader.

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. Thanks to all the informative folks here on the boards, I was able to negotiated a CPO'ed RS6 this weekend to $46k and am now a proud owner of an '03 RS6!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Hello all, long time reader, first time poster. Thanks to all the informative folks here on the boards, I was able to negotiated a CPO'ed RS6 this weekend to $46k and am now a proud owner of an '03 RS6!
    Hello and welcome DuckWing. Which one did you buy? Where was it for sale? Make sure to use the User ControlPanel to update your whereabouts, etc. and ENJOY!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    Hello and welcome DuckWing. Which one did you buy? Where was it for sale? Make sure to use the User ControlPanel to update your whereabouts, etc. and ENJOY!
    Thanks! I bought a black sedan. CPO'ed from Commonwealth Audi here in LA. Commonwealth was actually also the original seller of the vehicle and the car's only ever been touched by 1 mechanic at Commonwealth, so they know this car very, very well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2563827536.227421384.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	5527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2563827538.227421384.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	5528  

For those interested...there is a beautiful pristine black 2003 RS6 for sale with only 14,000 miles or so at Pacific Audi in Torrance, California (Los Angeles). For those in the market, regardless where you live, it is worth a check... I do not have Pacific Audi's number on hand, but you can Google it or look it up audiusa.com. I was servicing on of my Audis, and it was sitting there in the showroom. The guy traded up for a new S8. Also, saw an R8 in the showroom sold and to be delivered to the its new owner. Black with carbon-fiber side blade. Interior black with complete leather package and B&O. All LA dealers have received their first shipments of R8s for their clients. So, you know the price of this R8 at Pacific Audi was....$153,000. So much for MSRP.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

I would love to pick up any one of those 9-10% RS6's currently for sale in the US, but I can't import it into Canada. There were less than 100 released for sale in Canada and when they come up for sale, the owners are selling for large $$$ (80K or higher). Due to the large currency exchange for the CDN dollar back in 2003 the purchase price for an RS6 here in Canada was in excess of 140K. Spending mid 30's to low 40's with an exchange rate that gets closer and closer to 1:1 would be just fine for me. Simply can't get past the safety requirements of the gov'ts transportation agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I would love to pick up any one of those 9-10% RS6's currently for sale in the US, but I can't import it into Canada. There were less than 100 released for sale in Canada and when they come up for sale, the owners are selling for large $$$ (80K or higher). Due to the large currency exchange for the CDN dollar back in 2003 the purchase price for an RS6 here in Canada was in excess of 140K. Spending mid 30's to low 40's with an exchange rate that gets closer and closer to 1:1 would be just fine for me. Simply can't get past the safety requirements of the gov'ts transportation agency.
    Can't you personally drive one into Canada? I mean as a private owner surely the requirements would be different assuming that it will pass emission standards and what have you?

Banned
    If anyone is interested. I am willing to lower the price.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fsbo_s...liate=national

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Can't you personally drive one into Canada? I mean as a private owner surely the requirements would be different assuming that it will pass emission standards and what have you?
    I wish it were that simple. I'd do that in a flash. In order to register a car in Canada you need to perform an "out of country" inspection. This is performed at only a handful of authorized agencies across Canada that are approved by the RIV (Registars of Imported Vehicles). The RS6 is on the RIV's blacklist of vehicles that doesn't meet the stringent safety standards in Canada. As such the only way you can own one is to purchase one of the less than 100 that were modified by Audi originally and accepted for import back in 2003/4. From what I have been able to ascertain, you can't even pump in 10K worth of modifications by a factory authorized dealer to make the vehicle acceptable for entry. Some days I wish we had as lax of safety standards as the US so that I could enjoy rides like the RS6.