Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my NEW RS4 Today...and

Picked up my NEW RS4 Today...and

5 minutes into driving away from the dealer, I hear a banging noise coming from the rear suspension. WTF, I turn around, the service manager takes it for a test drive and agrees with me that something is not right. I am waiting in the service area, I see a bunch of techs hovering over my car. Service manager and Saleperson come up to me and tell me they need more time to trouble shoot the issue. Sent me home in a brand new loaner A4 until they figure it out. My 2nd Audi, don't make me regret it please....

You won't. They will take care of it and you will love it

Quote Originally Posted by M3_Defector View Post
    5 minutes into driving away from the dealer, I hear a banging noise coming from the rear suspension. WTF, I turn around, the service manager takes it for a test drive and agrees with me that something is not right. I am waiting in the service area, I see a bunch of techs hovering over my car. Service manager and Saleperson come up to me and tell me they need more time to trouble shoot the issue. Sent me home in a brand new loaner A4 until they figure it out. My 2nd Audi, don't make me regret it please....
    Sorry to hear, but everything will sort itself out!!

Thanks for the words of encourgment, the short time that I had it..wow..hit that S button and turned a few heads. I guss it is finally sinking in that I got my RS4. Should say Phantom Black w/silver guts and all possible options.

Everything will be OK, I'm sure !

Latest looks like the front shock has a leak. Was told that all four work in a closed loop system, there is no pressure in the system if one is busted. Waiting for replacement shock. My god, did any test this car prior to me picking it up? All this $$$...guess sh*T happens. Worst is my wife is reading me the riot act about spending the $$ now this. Not a good look!

I think this is first problem of this kind, at least on this forum...

I'm gonna be honest with you, Audi does not have good service...so don't get problems!!

Quote Originally Posted by rks838 View Post
    I'm gonna be honest with you, Audi does not have good service...so don't get problems!!
    And I'm gonna be honest with you.

What you said there is a lie

Worst is my wife is reading me the riot act
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Update...Got a proactive call today finally!! I got them beat 3-1 in this department thus far. They have located a shock in CA that is being overnighted to NY for install tomorrow. So yes root cause was a leaking right front shock from the factory. The saga continues!

Update...Got a proactive call today finally!! I got them beat 3-1 in this department thus far. They have located a shock in CA that is being overnighted to NY for install tomorrow. So yes root cause was a leaking right front shock from the factory. The saga continues!
    Hi, greeting from Australia.
    I feel your pain my friend. Similar thing happened to me,on the day I was meant to pick up, got a call that there was a problem with the coil pack and they had to replace all new 8 spark plugs and coils (I was told it was one of those feaky,unlucky but apparently quite common problem with the plugs being foul just prior to delivery). Fortunately, mine was fixed in 24hrs and I have it now for nearly 2 weeks....worth the wait!

It won't be long now til it's yours.

I guess it is one of those things. Well, today's the day! Lets see if I get a proactive call with confirmation of delivery and ETA for complete resolution by noon EST.

Welcome to the club, every day I get in my car it brings a smile to my face.

Have had one problem so far, the hydraulic hose for the clutch, fixed with no problems. Just remember a motor vehicle is a complex piece of machinery especially the RS4.

Cheers Gazzab

Quote Originally Posted by gazzab View Post
    Just remember a motor vehicle is a complex piece of machinery especially the RS4.

Cheers Gazzab
    Absolutly agree as an engineer myself I can appreciate the fine workmanship that went into this car. However, what is troublesome is the fact that the dealer did not catch it before delivering the car to me, something called quality assurance! Simple test drive would had uncovered.

Absolutly agree as an engineer myself I can appreciate the fine workmanship that went into this car. However, what is troublesome is the fact that the dealer did not catch it before delivering the car to me, something called quality assurance! Simple test drive would had uncovered.
    Yeah but then you'd sue them for driving your car around

Just imagine if you saw your car driving around a day or two before you picked it up :eye:

Agree, should of been picked up on a test drive. Have you got it yet?

Gazzab

Ok, got the call today while at work. Everything set and ready for launch Will pick it up tomorrow am. Finally!!