Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Official - RS6 580hp

huh???

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    For a long time I have always wondered why Audi didn't go down the same route as BMW and move the battery to the rear, these things in cars this size weigh a ton and would like you said double the effect. But weight balance is not the be all and end all, lightening the suspension components are even more important to the overall feel of the car and the way it steers.
    but our rs6's have the battery in the rear, as did my old s8, and as does the rs4. ditto the new s6/s8???

all done properley - unlike the usa rs6's where the battery is plonked down on top of the floor of the boot (to accomodate a full-size spare where we have our batteries)...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    but our rs6's have the battery in the rear, as did my old s8, and as does the rs4. ditto the new s6/s8???

all done properley - unlike the usa rs6's where the battery is plonked down on top of the floor of the boot (to accomodate a full-size spare where we have our batteries)...
    Alas skiwi, the highest I have got up the Audi ladder was the S4v8 and it's battery was stuck in the front of the car. Hopefully now that money is a bit more readily available I hope to enjoy hunting for the battery posts in some future RS model.

While we are on this subject, do anyone know where the battery is on the new S5 ?
    Search and you will find the truth.

S5 has the battery upfront, i saw the engine bay last days and i was curious about where is the battery and i observed very well the new longitudinal engine placement, very very cool thing, and also i liked the design of the cylinders, more beautiful than the RS4, S6,S8...and Audi is getting better and better...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    S5 has the battery upfront, i saw the engine bay last days and i was curious about where is the battery and i observed very well the new longitudinal engine placement, very very cool thing, and also i liked the design of the cylinders, more beautiful than the RS4, S6,S8...and Audi is getting better and better...
    With the exception of the RS4, it looks like Audi are only placing the battery in the boot when there isn't the room up front.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Actually, it's even worse than that - it's NOT a full size spare! You actually have to inflate the stupid thing with a weedy little air compressor they supply...
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

Quote Originally Posted by SpinEcho View Post
    Actually, it's even worse than that - it's NOT a full size spare! You actually have to inflate the stupid thing with a weedy little air compressor they supply...
    even more frustrating, is how close for a full size to fit. This was going to be my first mod, then realized it wouldnt work

yeah, we have the same thing in our allroad.....
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

July PR

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    Info from a friend that went at the European Dealer Meeting at Marbella where the new cars for 2007-2008 were unveiled.

So, now that we are in July, any further precision on the press release date?

Yeah, my old RS6 had the battery in the rear taking up a good chunk of the trunk (or boot, if you like) and had a spare tire that required inflation from a VERY slow little compressor.

In our new S6, the battery -- which is a monster, BTW -- is hidden in the trunk under the floor next to a full size spare tire mounted on a regular 19" rim. Much more elegant and practical a solution. Having that battery weight lower and further back should help handling a bit, too, and it makes the huge trunk all that more usable.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

as i said before last year...RS6 580HP...and the other thing :WHO IS INSANE TO BELIEVE THAT M5 WILL BE FROM 140MILES TO THE TOP SPEED THE NEW RS6?ARE YOU ON DRUGS MAN?Hope not...RS6 will beat M5 at any speed, at any gear and in any straight line dragrace or in the corners...so pls who has another opinion keep for yourself because 90% of this forum believes that RS6 will beat the crap M5!!!And the other thing...new Tiptronic-S for the RS6 will change gears in 80ms... M5/M6 (100ms)...so shttttt

Talking

LOL. As I was entertained and laughing most of the time reading this Superstar does get carried away. Whats funny - so far he hasn't been wrong about anything and maybe his source actually does his job... so maybe we should treat his word as gospel. LOL.
    Just wow.

~Mason
    1995 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan, 218K miles.
    2009 Audi A5 S-line, 5500 miles.

Btw, the battery in my A6 is under my back seat, and I have more weight on the rear axle than front... which A6 do I own?

~Mason
    1995 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan, 218K miles.
    2009 Audi A5 S-line, 5500 miles.

new rs6 test mule accelerates 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro Gmbh View Post
    new rs6 test mule accelerates 0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds.
    Hmm the old one did it in 4.8 and the Plus in 4.6 sec - I was hoping for a bit faster then 4.2 sec with the 580 hp

The E60 M5 does it in 4.6 so that should be no problem but the E63 AMG does it in 4.1 so....
    " I Am A Driving God! "

E63 AMG does it in 4.5!
    you mean, it does 0-60 @4.1-4.2

Then RS6 will do 0-60 @3.9-4.0

Sorry yes - my bad

Looked in the wrong collum
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Quote Originally Posted by AudiSuperDriver View Post
    as i said before last year...RS6 580HP...and the other thing :WHO IS INSANE TO BELIEVE THAT M5 WILL BE FROM 140MILES TO THE TOP SPEED THE NEW RS6?ARE YOU ON DRUGS MAN?Hope not...RS6 will beat M5 at any speed, at any gear and in any straight line dragrace or in the corners...so pls who has another opinion keep for yourself because 90% of this forum believes that RS6 will beat the crap M5!!!And the other thing...new Tiptronic-S for the RS6 will change gears in 80ms... M5/M6 (100ms)...so shttttt
    Hold up m8. Check your times for the gearboxes, cause that's a bit away from the truth isn't it?

You havn't changed since your last username here on the board, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiSuperDriver View Post
    !!!And the other thing...new Tiptronic-S for the RS6 will change gears in 80ms... M5/M6 (100ms)...so shttttt
    Unless they put DSG in that thing you can only dream to get a fully automatic Tiptronic S to change gears faster then 250ms.
    Enzo does it with manual F1 in 150ms,599 (quickest production car tranny) in 100 ms and FXX (not street legal) in 80ms.
    Are you claiming that slushbox in new RS6 will match FXX transmission?
    S63TT