Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Official - RS6 580hp

you are a little bit crazy with your BMW hatred.
    BMW and Audi are top german brands and they have different philosophy. You should respect both of them, but you may like any.

PLEASE SLOW DOWN WITH YOUR CRITICS.
    PEOPLE HERE HAVE BEEN TIRED OF THIS.
    TRY TO USE NORMAL LANGUAGE.

Thanks.

SuperstarDriver - you have been warned for the second time!

Grow up!

Once more and you are gone!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

ok...i will be more patient and more overhanging over any post about the war between the audi and bmw...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    Nazy?i only destroy bmw's not mercedes benz, lexus, infiniti or other brands, just bmw (bmw fans who claim that bmw are building the fastest cars on the planet))))))yeahh right...that's why i am pissed offf...RS4 is much faster than M3, next RS6 much faster than M5, R8 much much much faster than M6, S5 much faster than 335i, S3 much faster than 130i so what's the deal with the hideos and oversteering bmw's?what's so special with them?!)))
    Every one of your points here are quite correct, RS4 beats the M3, R8 beats the M6, the S3 beats the 130i, the S5 beats the 335i and more than likely the RS6 will also beat the M5 (well destroy is nearer the truth). So why do you need to verbally attack BMWs, do you not think actions speak louder than words, I think Audi are doing a very good job of this all on their own.

You can tell quite a few here dislike some Beemers, I dislike the M series but actually like the rest of the range. Like most here have already said they are both quality products, their just on differing paths of perfection.
    Search and you will find the truth.

thank you for seeing that Audi is much more performant then BMW that was my statement, of course in my new posts i will tell my opinion without including my hate for BMW and also i will say again and again that Audi is growing daily as they promised to grow and right now and in the future of course will have the most advanced technology on cars!For example why Bang & Olufsen choosed to colaborate ONLY with Audi?!because B&O are the best and they only work with the best cars so...another example of mine is why Audi has always the best interiors, best design, best materials, biggest brakes, biggest tires, super hot and precise steering wheels, because they cand and they will demonstrate that Audi is No.1 !Long live Audi and S/RS cars and of course the all range of Audi cars...

If the M5 is to got a power hike of 20~30hp then there is a good chance in acceleration the M5 will got very close near the 130mph up mark. Of course all this depends on what the final weight of the RS6 will be.

Superstar seems to forgot one very important fact-Audi is under Porsche control as is complete VAG...
    So, if Porsche decide to kill some project-it will happen.

Back OT-RS6 will feature automatic gearbox and that implies IMHO that it will not be as sporty as current RS4 for example. 2000kg of weight won't help either despite 580hp... Yes, it will be very fast but, ultimate windy road car? IMHO Audi have better cars for it-name it R8, RS4 or even TT...

RS6 will not have 2000kg, even S6 doesn't have that weight, and guys w are talking about RS6 the best Audi in the range so do you think that RS6 will not take his market expectations?!Look at the R8, TT or RS4 what they've did and you shall see what the RS6 will do next!It's ridicolous to think RS6 will only have power and performance but no better dynamic, is like you would say that a horse is not faster than an elephant that's sounds like...so expect to unexpected:the RS6 will definitively be the best car money can buy for family, racetrack, drag-race and design awards...so if anyone here in this forum believe that RS6 will not be as we expected shall hear his voice and shout the voice off when the beast will be released, this is my opionion and i will stand for it to the finish

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    ...so expect to unexpected:the RS6 will definitively be the best car money can buy for family, racetrack, drag-race and design awards...so if anyone here in this forum believe that RS6 will not be as we expected shall hear his voice and shout the voice off when the beast will be released, this is my opionion and i will stand for it to the finish
    So, your advice is for all future R8 owners(me included) that all of them needs to cancell thier R8 orders and wait for RS6 instead?

Yeah... We all will do that...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Back OT-RS6 will feature automatic gearbox and that implies IMHO that it will not be as sporty as current RS4 for example. 2000kg of weight won't help either despite 580hp... Yes, it will be very fast but, ultimate windy road car? IMHO Audi have better cars for it-name it R8, RS4 or even TT...
    Trust me the RS6 will handle, every bit as well as the RS4. Agreed it would be quite as good as the R8 especially when the road gets very twisty but on the corners that are on the ring the RS6 will be snapping at the R8's heels.

I agree with SuperstarDriver that the weight of the RS6 will not reach 2000kgs, IMO the weight will be around the 1900kgs mark or possibly a little lower but not much. Weight is always a problem but not the biggest, how a car controls it is the thing and if the RS6 with is new suspension system can do this then the RS6 will be easily as good as the RS4.

S6 weight is 1910kg and RS6 will weight more... You will see...
    Automatic gearbox... Very good thing indeed for track like Nordschleife...
    Weight distribution... You that it will be pretty nose heavy(5002ccm V10 biturbo is HEAVIER then current S6 engine)...

Are you also saying that forthcoming RS6 will be a better sportscar then R8?

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    S6 weight is 1910kg and RS6 will weight more... You will see...
    Automatic gearbox... Very good thing indeed for track like Nordschleife...
    Weight distribution... You that it will be pretty nose heavy(5002ccm V10 biturbo is HEAVIER then current S6 engine)...

Are you also saying that forthcoming RS6 will be a better sportscar then R8?
    As for the weight, all RS models have weighed less than their S model brothers, just look at the S4 (1660Kgs) and the RS4 (1650Kgs), this is why I reckon the RS6 will weigh slightly less than the S6. But even if it is more I doubt it will get near the 2000Kgs mark.

The engine + turbos will indeed be heavier than the S6 engine on it's own and because of this Audi will have gone to great lengths to shave weight from the front of the car. I will be surprised if it doesn't have a lot of alloy or some carbon-fibre around the nose, plus you have to allow for the fact that the RS6 will be using either DRC or MagneticRide suspension which will help hide the weight transference a lot better than standard springs/dampers while retaining a supple ride.

Of course I am not saying the RS6 would be a better sports car than a R8, that would be just silly. One is a proper sports car while the other is a big heavy four door saloon/estate which just happens to go, handle and stop well while all the time transporting it's occupance in the lap of luxury.

Dynamically, the important weight issues are weight distribution, and center of gravity. The total weight of the car should not hurt its handling and grip, as long as the chassis components (most of all tyres) are matched to the car.

As leadfoot speculates, Audi will probably shave weight off the front. A lightweight roof like the M6 wouldn't be a bad idea either. But unlike the Bimmers' fancy Carbon Fiber (or Kevlar?), I suspect Audi will use aluminium. The weight difference doesn't justify the price difference.

A way to make to front lighter is move the battery, the computer, fluid reservoirs,... to the back. It's even better than lightweight components, b/c it makes the rear heavier by the same amount, so the weight balance advantage is double.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    Dynamically, the important weight issues are weight distribution, and center of gravity. The total weight of the car should not hurt its handling and grip, as long as the chassis components (most of all tyres) are matched to the car.

As leadfoot speculates, Audi will probably shave weight off the front. A lightweight roof like the M6 wouldn't be a bad idea either. But unlike the Bimmers' fancy Carbon Fiber (or Kevlar?), I suspect Audi will use aluminium. The weight difference doesn't justify the price difference.

A way to make to front lighter is move the battery, the computer, fluid reservoirs,... to the back. It's even better than lightweight components, b/c it makes the rear heavier by the same amount, so the weight balance advantage is double.
    For a long time I have always wondered why Audi didn't go down the same route as BMW and move the battery to the rear, these things in cars this size weigh a ton and would like you said double the effect. But weight balance is not the be all and end all, lightening the suspension components are even more important to the overall feel of the car and the way it steers.

I know that what we seen in the videos of the RS6 on the ring were just test mules and not the finish example but from what I seen the suspension is keeping the body in check with little movement even under great loads.

did i say that the new RS6 will be better than R8?where did i wrote that?in my dream?guys you are not reading well my posts...i said clearly that the new RS6 will definitively be the best SALOON in the world, not SUPERCAR like R8 is and of course R8 remains the best Audi ever and will be for long time in the future so please read it well first and then answer to my posts!and the other thing is that do you thing that Audi is not capable of doing an RS6 with less weight than the S6?We all are talking about the best Audi in the range yet (not including R8 because is a Supercar) and thefore the money they've spend for RS6 are huge and most worth for us to buy the car and in conclusion the new RS6 will have less weight than you think, huge power and torque, magneride suspensions, new DRC and posibly the new Torque Vectoring system in premier...so i think clearly that this is gonna be like!

The battery is in already in the trunk on the C6 S6

[quote=Leadfoot;96860]For a long time I have always wondered why Audi didn't go down the same route as BMW and move the battery to the rear, these things in cars this size weigh a ton and would like you said double the effect.

Audi has already done this in the new S6. The battery in my car, produced Aug.'06, sits right next to the spare tire in the trunk well. Not much room upfront with the V10.

Quote Originally Posted by S6driver View Post
    Audi has already done this in the new S6. The battery in my car, produced Aug.'06, sits right next to the spare tire in the trunk well. Not much room upfront with the V10.
    Well there you go, I didn't know that. As I only owned a lowly S4, my battery with there beside the engine, but like you said, there isn't a lot of room with a V10 up-front.

RS4 has the battery in the back, huge battery, but then the RS4 owners know that already!