Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS4 Gallery

stefaan, any more pics of those wheels?? what are they?

That car looks amazing.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

thanks, if that was for me....

Quote Originally Posted by havabooz View Post
    thanks, if that was for me....
    Yes your's.

btw, what make of exhaust is under your RS4.

Jarod.

GMG exhaust with black thermal coated tips which are much wider than the stock tips and have more of a rectangular oval shap

That's what i like about it.

btw, does the exhaust have a X piece.

Jarod.
    Last edited by The Pretender; February 9th, 2008 at 21:03.

Forget the exhaust. Tell me more about the headlights!
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

haha...well, i basically hated the orange reflector so i did the clear corner mod...i had a local body shop paint the entire housing when it was apart...

here is a closeup

Nicely done! looks dope that way!
    http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/

GMG exhaust with black thermal coated tips which are much wider than the stock tips and have more of a rectangular oval shap

What can you tell me about that GMG exhaust? Its been a toss up between miltek and that. I have watched the video 100+ times still cannot make up my mind.

-How is the tone at low RPMs?
    -Is it deep and throaty when you get on it?
    -How about all the cabin noise?
    -I like to drive with the S-Button engaged to get that low hum, does the S-button work with it?
    -Are you happy with it or you think you would have been better off with the miltek?

this was my initial impression when i first got in on the car (posted on audiworld)

from 1 - 2.5k rpm the note is veryyy deep and throaty and is exactly what i wanted...from 3k and on the note stays rumbley (never screamy or raspy) but climbs a little bit higher on the frequency curve and believe it or not that sound does not penetrate to the inside of the cabin so from 3k on you pretty much hear the whine from the engine since its much closer to you....therefore, highway cruising is still very pleasant

from outside the car i imagine that the experience is much different and they probably hear the 3k and up as if the car is screaming, but from the stomach and not from the lungs, if that makes any sense

after about 300 miles driving with it i can still say that im very happy all around...only issue i have is that at 1k - 2.5k there is a tiny drone if you stay between those rpms (mostly driving in traffic) since the exhaust note is so deep

to answer your questions
    1. low rpms is very BASS-y but good

2. yes, climbs to a more throaty feel through the rest of the rpm range

3. only have a tiny bit of cabin noise at low rpms and only if you stay in low rpms

4. since this exhaust has no valve there is no use of the S button to enhance sound (it will only change the pedal feel)...the S vaccum lines get plugged and tucked away...this was actually a plus for me since i like louder sound but i didnt like the pedal response of S mode...miltek charges a big premium to get the valved exhaust and retain use of the S button

5. very happy with it...dont know what miltek sounds like (aside from videos) but i LOVE the tips on my GMG and they are a bit different than miltek as they have a more rectangular oval shape that really fills out nicely

good luck with your choice!

this was my initial impression when i first got in on the car (posted on audiworld)

from 1 - 2.5k rpm the note is veryyy deep and throaty and is exactly what i wanted...from 3k and on the note stays rumbley (never screamy or raspy) but climbs a little bit higher on the frequency curve and believe it or not that sound does not penetrate to the inside of the cabin so from 3k on you pretty much hear the whine from the engine since its much closer to you....therefore, highway cruising is still very pleasant

from outside the car i imagine that the experience is much different and they probably hear the 3k and up as if the car is screaming, but from the stomach and not from the lungs, if that makes any sense

after about 300 miles driving with it i can still say that im very happy all around...only issue i have is that at 1k - 2.5k there is a tiny drone if you stay between those rpms (mostly driving in traffic) since the exhaust note is so deep

to answer your questions
    1. low rpms is very BASS-y but good

2. yes, climbs to a more throaty feel through the rest of the rpm range

3. only have a tiny bit of cabin noise at low rpms and only if you stay in low rpms

4. since this exhaust has no valve there is no use of the S button to enhance sound (it will only change the pedal feel)...the S vaccum lines get plugged and tucked away...this was actually a plus for me since i like louder sound but i didnt like the pedal response of S mode...miltek charges a big premium to get the valved exhaust and retain use of the S button

5. very happy with it...dont know what miltek sounds like (aside from videos) but i LOVE the tips on my GMG and they are a bit different than miltek as they have a more rectangular oval shape that really fills out nicely

good luck with your choice!
    Thank you very much for this feedback. This may be enough to sway my decision.

stefaan, any more pics of those wheels?? what are they?
    Hey Havabooz,
    those are the OEM-wheels with 18"-size for the RS4. I don't have any other pictures of them, but there are some on the internet I think.

All the best,
    Stefaan

oh...thanks..i thought so, they look good from that angle

Rs4.. My First Audi..luv It.......rs5 On Order