Thread: Do you think the E92 M3 will match the R8 in performance?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    It has already been discussed that Dynos have problems with AWD car and can't get meaningful readings, so disregard all figures that dynos give including ones for RWD cars as well. At most they help chip and tune a car but nothing else.
    This statement is complete and utter BS. I want to make that very clear.

There are many different dynos in the world and all dynos are used by major tuners to create a baseline and then record the difference afterwards.

Let's say you are right and dynos can't be trusted. So if someone takes an RS4 and gets a baseline of 300 wheel and then gets a full exhaust and redynos on this same AWD dyno and it shows they picked up 20 wheel, the gain can't be trusted?

Different dynos give different readings but come on, saying readings aren't meaninfull and don't do anything else but help with a chip and tune is idiotic. My M3 put down 275 at the wheels on a dynojet. This was in line with what other people all around the world were getting on dynojets. How is that possible?

I think you are disregarding dynos because no dyno has shown the RS4 to put down significant power. There are also AWD and RWD/FWD dynos in this world you know.

Funny how you didn't take issue to the guy posting that an R8 would put down 385 wheel but you have an issue with me posting that it won't.

A major tuner like www.evoms.com uses an AWD dyno in their measurements of power gains for the AWD 911 turbo. Their graphs correspond to those that tuners from all over the globe have. Those guys know more about vehicles than any of us, you think they don't know what they are doing and that they should throw their dyno away? You are really, really reaching on this one. Go post that AWD dyno's are meaningless on a 911 turbo forum and let's see what happens.
    Last edited by sticky; April 15th, 2007 at 01:47.