Thread: Movie: BMW M5 E60 vs AUdi RS4 Avant

No 1 Movie: BMW M5 E60 vs AUdi RS4 Avant

To be expected. Until we get into the twisties.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

I might have missunderstood this video but it looked to me that the M5v8 didn't pull back anything on the RS4, Gustav was I wrong?

Anyway from what I have been told recently about the RS6 and M5's days are numbered for being top dog in the acceleration stakes, the beast is coming.

I reckon Audi should call it the RS666. :king:
    Search and you will find the truth.

420 hp vs 500 hp the result all people knows which is!
    V8 vs V10?
    And more avant vs car?
    Bahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bastordd View Post
    420 hp vs 500 hp the result all people knows which is!
    V8 vs V10?
    And more avant vs car?
    Bahhhh
    But I wonder what the result will be like when the M5 meets the RS6.
    V10 vs V10 Bi-turbo?
    507hp vs 590hp?
    RWD vs Quattro?

Now I don't think the result will be that easily predicted.

Also there is talk that Audi RS models are to drop their speed limiter, it will be interesting to see what this will do to the market if this is true.

It is kinda funny to read from that link, people are talking Quattro wasting so much power.

I thought RS4 can put all the power in to RW isn't it?

RS4 sallon could beat easly an M5 in a drag race and of course has beaten it at the ring on Nurbugring...you must know how to drive it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    RS4 sallon could beat easly an M5 in a drag race and of course has beaten it at the ring on Nurbugring...you must know how to drive it!!!!
    Yes, from 0 you will be ahead to around 130 km/h. Then it's a case of good bye, the M5/M6 flies in high speeds. And there's nothing weird about it. 507 horsepower, RWD and a very fast gearbox.

Alex Kim. No the RS4 is permantely AWD. 40/60. And those guys are right, Quattro does steal some power.

Leadfoot, as long as those numbers are true. The M5 is going to have som serious problems. And about the M5 E39 didn't catch up, was because of that Gustav didn't want stones smashing his car all over. Though, that's what he wrote on a other community.

Ruergard,

Trust me the figures are right and it's not only in a straight line that the M5 will be in diffs but in the corner too. Just wait for the official time on the ring and then you will understand how good the RS6 is going to be.

Your quite right about quattro drive, it's always in four wheel drive where the system will only direct a maximum of 25% of it's power to one or the other axle beyond the set 40/60 split in normal driving. So basically all of the diffs are working all of the time stealing power from the wheels.

But as most races are conducted in a standing start the awd does have a brief advantage which increases as things get slippery.

RS4 can and did destroyed M5 on a drag race, i did it myself in a drag race with a friend's RS4 saloon on my country's highway and i did pull him off, both were delimited and be able of doing 300 easly...don't be jurk and say something else...RS4 did beat M5 on NURBUGRING and did beat in a drag race...the drivers of RS4 had problems not the car i talk about RS4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post

Also there is talk that Audi RS models are to drop their speed limiter, it will be interesting to see what this will do to the market if this is true.
    and to the german politicians...

That is wrong. Avoidance of stoneships.

I might have missunderstood this video but it looked to me that the M5v8 didn't pull back anything on the RS4, Gustav was I wrong?

Anyway from what I have been told recently about the RS6 and M5's days are numbered for being top dog in the acceleration stakes, the beast is coming.

I reckon Audi should call it the RS666. :king:

If th edrag race is to 60 mph mayb yes

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post

True, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    And about the M5 E39 didn't catch up, was because of that Gustav didn't want stones smashing his car all over. Though, that's what he wrote on a other community.

Ruergard,

Trust me the figures are right and it's not only in a straight line that the M5 will be in diffs but in the corner too. Just wait for the official time on the ring and then you will understand how good the RS6 is going to be.

Your quite right about quattro drive, it's always in four wheel drive where the system will only direct a maximum of 25% of it's power to one or the other axle beyond the set 40/60 split in normal driving. So basically all of the diffs are working all of the time stealing power from the wheels.

But as most races are conducted in a standing start the awd does have a brief advantage which increases as things get slippery.

Man, if you say that it's what is gonna be it must be true. You made my day!

Yes yes, ofcourse. You might have got me wrong, it's in the corners the biggest advantage will be! Even a S6 outcorners an M5.. Yes, that's how that Quattro system works. I only ment that it can't send all power to the rear wheels.

Yes, from a standing start AWD is the thing to have. So in the corners.. and ofcourse when it starts to fall things from the sky.

SuperstarDriver, yes in a short dragrace the RS4 should be able to win. But if it's a longer one and the speed gets higher the M5 will walk away. Pretty fast to..