Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS4 V8 automatic

RS4 V8 automatic

I did not know that there is an automatic version of RS4.
    http://www.mobile.de/SIDPqrAuysCNS3J...1111252209557&

Does anybody has more info about this?

I would like that for the reason that my wife cant drive a manual and my daugher gets easily car sick. I think it may be special order.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

That would appeal to me during long trips.

I think it`s an S4 for, but with added RS4 body panels...

I never even knew that auto was an option.I wonder what effect that has on the peformance figures ?
    It IS a RS4,would someone go 2 that extreme 2 make their S4 look like a RS4 ? Even the interior is identicle 2 the RS4.
    If that is mass produced all Aussies looking at buying a RS4 better get in now because Audi Oz will stop bringing in the manual.

strange, very strange. if this would be possible my father would've bought himself a RS4 avant tiptronic, instead of waiting for the next rs6...

anyone who has contacted this person?

A bit naughty claiming its got 420ps.

Obviously based on an S4 (as claimed in the main description)

Wouldn't think an RS4 would be able to run a torque convertor auto without adding some sort of rev limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateknight View Post
    A bit naughty claiming its got 420ps.

Obviously based on an S4 (as claimed in the main description)

Wouldn't think an RS4 would be able to run a torque convertor auto without adding some sort of rev limiter.
    Did you see the instruments?Rev limiter?The rear arches?Doors?It is an RS4.If was S4 modified to RS4 would cost double....

Guys, it's a S4 car.
    It may be a little bit tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Guys, it's a S4 car.
    It may be a little bit tuned.
    Do you have any proofs?

That dash instrument cluster would take some doing.
    RS4 revcounter mixed with the auto version of drivers info display.
    Instrument clusters can only be purchased as one whole unit (all clocks in one pod). This combination is not listed on ETKA (yes, I have been sad enough to look ). There is also no auto gearbox listed for the 420ps engine either.
    It would involve bastardising one set of RS4 clocks and one set from the donor S4. No easy job to get that to work.

If this is an S4. Someone has really gone to a lot of bother to make it look very similar to an RS4. (WHY?)

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Do you have any proofs?
    1: No Sport Button

2: Ebrake Handle

3: It's an automatic!!! Torque converters do not work above engine speeds of 7300 - 7500 rpm. There can never be a slush box with a high-rev engine. It's physically impossible.

Someone spent a lot of money to make it really look like an RS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post

3: It's an automatic!!! Torque converters do not work above engine speeds of 7300 - 7500 rpm. There can never be a slush box with a high-rev engine. It's physically impossible.

Ad 1. The sport button should be on the right of the Parking Thingy button above the SatNav - eg. behind the steering wheel.

Ad 2. Hmm - can't tell.

Ad 3. They never made an E39 M5 Touring. Oh wait - some boss in BMW had one made for himself.

Check out the start button next to the e-brake - seems real enough and it would be hard to put in an S4. The pedals look like the ones in the RS4 too.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post

How do you know that is not something special.For example R-tronic of R8 works with high rev engine very well.10 years ago the limiter to 8250 rpm sounded impossible.Someone spend a lot of money and suddenly decided to loose his money.....Very well.Does anyone speak German to contact this guy?Because i know that the cost of the engine is about 20.000 euro only.Imagine plus doors,arches,wheels,bumpers,trunk,locks,instrument s,,electrical circuits,paintjob etc....

He does describe it as an ' Audi RS4 S4 ' . Which is odd

I think its a converted car. Don't ask why anyone would be crazy enough to go to so much trouble to change so much. Unless the parts have come off a stolen car :blush: (still makes no sense)

You could e-mail him the URL of this topic and ask him to comment (if it will help you sleep better at night )

That is definitely not an RS4, its a S4. The interior gives it away as does the front. If you look at the front carefull you cann tell that the RS4 front panel and side skirts were added on there. My brother has a b7 S4 right now and not only is his interior similar to an rs4 (recarro seats and carbon fiber trim, etc) but his interior looks nothing like the interior on this car. And my brothers car like I stated is a B7 S4. I think the guy just spent money making it look like an rs4 (a good job at that) and in the sale like other people stated; it does state rs4-s4
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------
    2005 Audi A4 UltraSports Package

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    How do you know that is not something special.For example R-tronic of R8 works with high rev engine very well.10 years ago the limiter to 8250 rpm sounded impossible.Someone spend a lot of money and suddenly decided to loose his money.....Very well.Does anyone speak German to contact this guy?Because i know that the cost of the engine is about 20.000 euro only.Imagine plus doors,arches,wheels,bumpers,trunk,locks,instrument s,,electrical circuits,paintjob etc....

Ok I guess this concept doesn't work very well for you, so I'll break it down.

1: Automatic Transmission + hi-rev engine = no workey.
    Above 7300 - 7500rpm (varies depending on the manufacturer), the fluid in the torque converter begins to cavitate and will quickly blow the clutch packs inside.

2: R-Tronic is a manual transmission with automated controls. Sure someone could have a sequential manual made for it, but would involve an entirely custom transmission. There are no street AWD sequential transmissions that are not rear transaxles (Gallardo, Murcie, R8 etc) unless you look at racing applications and those would not use a VAG gear shift assembly.

3: We know there is no longitudinal DSG transmissions available even if someone wanted to go to that expense and convert.

So with that alone you completely eliminate the chances of it being an RS4 Automatic.

The easiest points to tell are the lack of a sport button on the dash, the S4 Shift Knob and Parking Brake handle, the placement of the RS4 exhaust to the outside of the body (note the position of the tips), because of the different floor pan in the RS4 as is has no spare tire well. Not only those relatively obvious things, the dash buttons do not have chrome accents (3/06 production and later), the black oil cooler is not one the car (you can see the radiator in the photo...it is not visible on the RS4 from the lower grill opening and is also black in color - not exposed aluminium), the badging is in the incorrect positions and the V8 has been added plus the interior color of that car was originally silver (note the silver seat belt the the last photo).

It is NOT an RS4, but rather a very expensive and close conversion of a S4.
    Last edited by Kimbo; March 30th, 2007 at 23:38.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiFanatic83 View Post
    That is definitely not an RS4, its a S4. The interior gives it away as does the front. If you look at the front carefull you cann tell that the RS4 front panel and side skirts were added on there. My brother has a b7 S4 right now and not only is his interior similar to an rs4 (recarro seats and carbon fiber trim, etc) but his interior looks nothing like the interior on this car. And my brothers car like I stated is a B7 S4. I think the guy just spent money making it look like an rs4 (a good job at that) and in the sale like other people stated; it does state rs4-s4
    Your brother's car has 344 PS.This car claims 420 PS.So it is not so simple to modify all these things and make a successfull cooperation.Try to ask your dealer to modify the way you start your car and place a start button for example.What message do you see?Press the clutch and press the button?Or put the gearbox stick to D and press the button?Only this modification needs a specific ECU my friend.What are you taking about?About skirts?Or you think that it is easy to connect be-xenon to your brother's car or to make it more wide and change the shape of the domes?The owner claims that the car is still under warranty.Could it be after retrofitting RS4 things on an S4?
    The strange thing for me is that the car has in 2 months 9.000 km and 2 different owners.All these modifications can't be done in 2 months my friend.Also in front of the left rear wheel there is not a painted part of the car inside the cupola at the bottom.It had to be to the color paint but i did not see it.

I think it is a strange car!