Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS5 Spy Shots

RS5 Spy Shots

Its good to hear something out of Audi nower and then rather than just speculating.
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_...sid=609&page=1
    What do you think ?
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    Its good to hear something out of Audi nower and then rather than just speculating.
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_...sid=609&page=1
    What do you think ?
    Dave
    Jury is still out for me Dave.....

Dave

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

CAR do say they are not sure if this is the new RS5. (or development mule of.)
    It will have to look a bit more spicier than the standard S5.

Its definitely coming though. When? ...No idea!

I am sure it will have the 4.2 V8 from the RS4. I'm not a believer in the idea some people have touted that it will have a 430/440ps version of that engine.

All the ingredients are there for the best car Audi will have ever produced. (possibly discounting the R8 of course)

Erik,
    When is the S5 (RS5) going to get its own section, and smiley flags ?
    -also the R8 smilies while your at it
    Last edited by Lateknight; March 28th, 2007 at 15:46. Reason: Did not proof read it first

hmm....i feel like thats not actually an rs5 mule. i was excited to see the shots, but it looks like an s5. are we sure that its not a lately discovered spy shot from ages ago? (like directly pre-release). i could deal with lack of rs5 bumpers and grillz this early, but the quad exhaust gives it away. they would have put the rs-exhaust on it i think.... else they're legitimately taking an s5 and converting it to an rs5 for they're 1st one.... ????

Maybe they are testing RS 5s engine in S5, after all its 4.2 in both of them....

I like their effort to "disguise" this one with a trailer hitch

greetings
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lateknight View Post
    CAR do say they are not sure if this is the new RS5. (or development mule of.)
    It will have to look a bit more spicier than the standard S5.

Its definitely coming though. When? ...No idea!

I am sure it will have the 4.2 V8 from the RS4. I'm not a believer in the idea some people have touted that it will have a 430/440ps version of that engine.

All the ingredients are there for the best car Audi will have ever produced. (possibly discounting the R8 of course)
    Well Lateknight we are in agreement that it will be running the RS4 engine. This leads me to believe that it will be introduced a lot sooner than previously, quite possibly Late 2008. My reasoning for this is that the basic structure is there in the form of the S5, engine, transmission etc, as for the power output trust me it will be improved over the soon to end production RS4, 440hp is the minimum as it will be getting ValveLift, this is going to be introduction into all Audi engines in the future.

Other options on the cards are Magnetic Ride, Ceramic brakes and DSG 7Speed though it is unsure as to whether any of them will be standard.

There is talk that the S5 will so get a power hike at the time of the RS5, how much is again unsure but one could except something in the range of 15~20hp putting it to 370~375hp and with a torque increased is might once again be the direct rival to the M3 but if nothing else it would help distance itself from the 335i.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Well, 440bhp for the RS5 is really too low if the RS6 really gets 580bhp and bearing in mind that AMG:s squeezes out from the 6.2L V8.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    Well, 440bhp for the RS5 is really too low if the RS6 really gets 580bhp and bearing in mind that AMG:s squeezes out from the 6.2L V8.
    You are correct but only if the RS5's weight stays close to that of the S5. If Audi can shave an extra 80kgs off the weight that would put it's weight at 1550kgs or in other words a full 100kgs less than the RS4. This combined with the extra 20+hp would quite possibly drop it's acceleration time to 160km/h by as much as one full second or should I say something in the range of 9.8~10.3seconds. Mighty impressive wouldn't you say.

This is on par with the R8 if only up to this speed, we all know that the R8 would start to pull away there after. But I would doubt the M3 will be any quicker if at all.
    Search and you will find the truth.

artist rendering aka sex:

I really like the S5 model, so a Rs5 would be very nice. I really would have bought that car, if it had turbos. I'm not a fan of smallblock high revving V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Cargo8 View Post
    are we sure that its not a lately discovered spy shot from ages ago? (like directly pre-release).
    With no camouflage? Probably not.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

That last PS image starts making sense for me. At last that RS-style honeycomb grill put in the face of the machine... just cool.

regarding engine, I understand those people which just fall in love with the V10, but IMHO logic dictates that a somewhat-boosted version of RS4's 4.2V8 will be under the hood. What's more, to my eyes the V10 is sort of overkill for this car.

RS6 with V10? ok, go on, and don't forget to go over the '2 ton' mark , should you want to... but a V10 on the RS5 ? I just do not see it.

Besides my own thoughts, some careful thinking about current state of things should be exercised. Let's take for example a theoretical RS5 4.2FSI 450hp. And people still keeps yelling about "lack of ooomph" !!!

"Just 'cause" Mercedes-Benz put out there a crazy coupe-disguished truck called CL63, now everybody feels that anything below 500hp would be a shame for the upcoming RS5.

Boy, are we strange beings!

I would never, ever, take a CL63 over a RS4. And that's four doors and "only" 420hp. C'mon, raw HP output is not the whole story. Try to corner a CL63 as hard as you would do with a RS4. Not to mention the sound. Neither the N/A engine getting past 8k RPM (turbos? not for a sportscar thanks!). Nor the looks. Etc etc etc.

Oh, I nearly forgot about that utterly irritating tradition with Merchs, where you have to shallow a stupid automatic gearbox, no matter whether you want it or not: take it or leave the merch at the dealer.

Torque alone? oh, sure, go on with the CL63. Or buy a real truck, and you'll have lots of torque. Guaranteed.

Put in this way, give me a 450hp two-door RS5, anytime, anywhere. V8 "only" ? Sure, no problem.

My only whish is that Audi would sell the RS5 before summer'08.
    Other than that, it will be a killer.

l'pollastrê
    A Ferrari will always be a Ferrari, and everything else... well, it also runs.

Quote Originally Posted by metal-levon View Post
    Nice idea, but I think we'll get a chromed grill on the RS5, can u chrome it?

RS cars have mesh grilles, not chrome. S cars have chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by metal-levon View Post
    Nice, but looks too tame. I wanna see RS4 style mirrors, the front aluminum diffuser and Full LED lights like the option in the R8. LOL heheh :trash: I can only wish