Thread: Audi A8 iPod connection ?

Audi A8 iPod connection ?

Hey all. I have been trying to get an iPod kit fitted to my Audi A8 4.2 for quite a while now. I know that on brand new A8's you can select the AMI package which will allow iPod integration but is there a part or something that audi will allow me to connect my iPod to my terrific BOSE speakers ? I have asked my local Audi dealership but they said they couldnt fit anything ? Does anyone know differently or have some experience at having an iPod kit fitted to any car after its been bought ?
    Regards Dave.
    By the way i'm not buying a new A8/S8 just to get this either ! I have just bought an RS6 Plus !

I think that you can buy the AMI kit and install it into your car (to be more precise in your glovebox). Regarding your BOSE Soundsystem there should be no problem. The better thing to do is to ask the Audi importer in your country and also an Audi Service.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not to sure if the AMI is retro fitting yet. I have asked my Audi dealer and they were rather unhelpful suggesting they couldnt fit anything. It doesnt even have to be an offical audi part ! Just like somthing to connect my iPod to the in car BOSE stereo.
    Thanks Dave