Thread: Lamborghini Alar?

Lamborghini Alar?

:bigeyes:

Need...more...information... :MTM:

From what I read some guy from Argentina has an exclusive right to create cars and then put Lambo's badges on it...
    This here baby is based on the Diablo, and it should pump out about 700hp...

Offcourse, all of this could be wrong, do you have any specific information?

The_RS6

Correct, in some way he has the right to do that. He have done two cars before this, both of them look horrible just like this one. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    The_RS6

Correct, in some way he has the right to do that. He have done two cars before this, both of them look horrible just like this one. :/
    God that looks heinous! That guy should be whipped

Whats up with the front? And do I count 8 pipes in the rear? Now we only need the machine guns and ejector seats :-) Looks like something I drew when I was 6 years in a boring math class LOL
    " I Am A Driving God! "

to ugly, your worst nightmare :-P

Lambo or no?

Our apologies for inflicting this luminous affront to good taste upon you, but there's an interesting story behind it.

Called the Alar 777, this is the warped creation of Argentinian Jean Ferci.

It's based on the Lamborghini Diablo - a platform that Ferci has previously used to create the barely more attractive Coatl and the Eros GT-1.

The Alar 777 gets a tuned version of the Diablo's V12, which produces more than 700bhp. That's enough for a reported top speed of 223mph.

It's due to be officially unveiled at the Buenos Aires motor show at the end of this month. Ferci says it will go on sale in South America under the Lamborghini badge soon after.

But here's the rub. Lamborghini has categorically denied that the Alar 777 is officially authorised in any shape or form. The Italian manufacturer has also stressed that no licence agreement exists to use the Lamborghini marque in South America.

Curiouser and curiouser. We'll have to wait until after the Buenos Aires show to discover the fall-out from this saga.

But in the meantime we have to wonder: would Lambo have been happier to put its name to the Alar 777 if it didn't look like a particularly remorseful hammerhead shark that's been beaten with a big sack of bricks?

From TopGear:
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1711/