Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoked an M3 today...

Quote Originally Posted by 7:53 RS6 View Post
    Well gee, i smoked this and that. But please what do this tell us.

I think i have never ever in my whole life said somthing like this.....well i was driving in second gear and gee i see a gallardo, and gee i smoked it. Please what do this tell anybody, rather than its well gee... hard o know what the bloke in the other car was doing. For all i know he could have at the moment been learning French from a sound bok in I pod Hes car might been broke Or he might bee one of them that most like to wash the car, he accually came from the wash right now and he kind of dident wanted to spank the new washed car

These kind of kill bill is not valid at ALL, well for some they mean much anyway, for other nothing

Well if i line up whit a friend sevral times in a drag or going for it on track vs friend in other car or in street, well would it not then bee more common sense to say what happend, the 2 of you would bee on the same attack mode then, the 2 of you would give all.

But to say i kill the guy doing French lesson at luch time in the street whit my car, well his car was shit....bla, bla

Well nothing wrong, we all do have diffrent thinking about things, all ok when i think of it. We are all diffrent.
    I can't speak for the other races I have had with M3s, but the one with which I raced the brother-in-law was the real deal and as I said it was a rolling start because it was a little damp from 2nd gear right though the gears till 140mph. I won with the slightest of advantages (just over a car length). The surprise was just how even the two cars were, with each gear change one car would pull ever so slightly ahead until it changed and the thing reversed.

He was the one who assumed the M3 would win, like myself and by the book the M3 should hold an advantage. As I said maybe mine was a quickie, it did post by stopwatch 18something seconds 0-200km/h times which by all accounts is quicker than the norm and more like what a M3 is meant to achieve.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Leadie: you're speaking of the S4 V8 vs M3? Stock 344HP vs 343HP? I'm surprised he didn't get you at higher speeds. Seems the S4 can be fast in a line with a good driver.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    Leadie: you're speaking of the S4 V8 vs M3? Stock 344HP vs 343HP? I'm surprised he didn't get you at higher speeds. Seems the S4 can be fast in a line with a good driver.
    I doubt know if I am better than most, all I do know is with my S4 I could change gear without talking my foot off the throttle, maybe that's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    As I said maybe mine was a quickie, it did post by stopwatch 18something seconds 0-200km/h times which by all accounts is quicker than the norm and more like what a M3 is meant to achieve.
    0-200 in 18 sec is abnormally fast for a S4 V8 this is for shure. You just picked the right one :cool2:

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I can't speak for the other races I have had with M3s, but the one with which I raced the brother-in-law was the real deal and as I said it was a rolling start because it was a little damp from 2nd gear right though the gears till 140mph. I won with the slightest of advantages (just over a car length).
    Can you repeat the race and post a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    0-200 in 18 sec is abnormally fast for a S4 V8 this is for shure. You just picked the right one :cool2:
    Yeah, I know. It was never run-in I flogged the thing from day one, but with that I would never over rev it and would have for the first 1000 miles never used the gears to slow the thing down from high revs.

The car averaged 23mpg with a long jouney best of 31mpg, so what I did to it nevr did any harm and it never broke down either.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Can you repeat the race and post a video?
    I don't know, I would have to ask the new owner very nicely.

Oh well never mind, I hope to show a race with my new Q7 soon, maybe a X5 3.0d. Man that would be a riveting race now wouldn't it.