Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The RS5? 2008 and why.

There are no doubt merits for suspecting that an updated and beefed version of the RS4 engine will be found also in the RS5 - but adding 20 horses to 440 does not move the game forward in the acceleration department and it will still short of the new C63 AMG so handling would have to be exceptional...

It will be, I'm sure.

But 440 ps, IMHO is bigest power that this car can get.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    There are no doubt merits for suspecting that an updated and beefed version of the RS4 engine will be found also in the RS5 - but adding 20 horses to 440 does not move the game forward in the acceleration department and it will still short of the new C63 AMG so handling would have to be exceptional...
    It will be, just wait for what is said about the S5. You will be amazed.:bigeyes:
    Search and you will find the truth.

HTML Code:
    It will be, just wait for what is said about the S5. You will be amazed.
    Don't keep us in suspense ...

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Finnus,

I can only said what my friend (Sales manager) who has already sampled the car says those very words. It is in his opinion much better than the RS4 and will all know how good it is.

Well, the technical signs are surely good but let us see what the end result is. To most real-world buyers of the S5/RS5 handling is much more than the bragging rights from a 5sec gain on the Ring in optimal conditions driven by Tom Kristensen. How much will the new platform improve the balance between ride, safety and stressless daily useability and agility, body control, feel & fluency? Will it feel much better and more fun in our hands, on the road and in all the conditions we face or mainly be surgically sharper and faster on paper? Time will tell...

HTML Code:
    [my friend (Sales manager) says] in his opinion much better than the RS4 
    and w[e] all know how good it is.
    Leadfoot,

If it's that good, it will surely send Jeremy Clarkson into a terminal swoon of ecstasy!

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

One of the reasons why I didn't take delivery of a B7 RS4 is that they introduced the car way late in the production cycle. The B6/B7 are very much alike, the B6 produced since 2001 IIRC. I knew the B7 was going to be replaced in short order so I figured to wait until the B8. I've always wanted a 4 seat coupe (having had an E46 M3) but Audi never made one until now.

If I could have it my way I'd want a twin turbo 4.2L in the RS5 but I doubt that'll happen. I'll be taking European Delivery of an RS5 whenever they start production, hopefully coinciding with Oktoberfest. I should have enough time to plan for this trip, and maybe learn a bit of the German language. I'll take it to the Nurbergring, Black Forest, Garmisch/Partekirchen etc. I haven't been to Europe since the late 90's.

I just read a paper in swedish about the new Rs5, they said that it's gonna be released in summer 2008. They will use the same 4.2l V8 with twinturbos and is going to have 450 hp and atleast 500 lb/fts of torque..

4.2 TT seems to be the current rumor. hope it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
    4.2 TT seems to be the current rumor. hope it's true
    I am wondering, does Quattro GmbH have the capacity to handle the production of the R8, RS6 and RS5 as well, all at the same time. I know the site is expending but didn't know it was to the size and man power that would allow such an expended model group.

I was always under the impression that if the current A6 is due for replacement in 2009 then the RS6 will run up to this date where as the RS5 would start production. I do sincerely hope I am wrong on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
    One of the reasons why I didn't take delivery of a B7 RS4 is that they introduced the car way late in the production cycle. The B6/B7 are very much alike, the B6 produced since 2001 IIRC.

psst--- the B6 came out here as a 2004 model here in the States.

RB

Yes for the S4, the A4 was 2001.5 iirc

thats right.

I had S4 on the brain there.

RB

One more for thr rumour mill ...

RS5, 2008, V8, 450 Bhp +500 lfbt

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_...sid=701&page=1

Looks and sounds very yum-yum

Isn't it amazing that we have all this photoshops of the RS5 which is at best over a year away and as yet we are no closer to seeing the finished RS6 which is only a few months away.

Come guys, get working.