Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melbourne RS4's....it's time...

Any dates yet guys? March is going to be over soon...
    --------------------------
    RS4 Sedan - Daytona Grey
    Previous drives:
    Porsche Cayman S
    Audi TT
    BMW 328Ci
    BMW 318i
    Mazda 323 (ok, ok, but it was my first car!)

Brad, the way things are going for me, April is probably better, might also suit OzRS4.

Gazzab

Hey guys - sorry to threadjack but they unveiled the A5 at the motor show last night - they actually have an S5 there - VERY VERY nice

small note:

we have a client waiting almost a year for his Q7 while another client ordered his Q7 in november with his car arriving shortly.

Why?

Nobody knows, we tried everythings possible as dealer but just get a 'NEIN' from Germany.

K

Guys

How about setting Sunday the 8th April for our get together.I'm unavailable every weekend until then ?

The S5 at the motor show is well worth a look ...4.2 litre V8...coupe with plenty of room!! It's based on the new B8 A4 platform.The new dash ,which I'm sure will be the new A4 dash is a huge leap forward over the current model and positively makes every thing else old fashioned.

BMW have a lot to be worried about when the RS verion of the S5 is released.It will have the M3 definitely in its sights...The Audi stand with such a wide and varied range of vehicles including the S5,R8,RS4 Avant ,S3 and Q7 made the BMW stand look very ordinary with a very boring range of 3 series.I was standing next to the X5 and didn't realise it was the new model until someone mentioned it !!!

Audi are going to slay them in the comming years !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanF View Post
    Guys

How about setting Sunday the 8th April for our get together.I'm unavailable every weekend until then ?
    April the 8th is good for me, should we lock it in?

The S5 at the motor show is well worth a look ...4.2 litre V8...coupe with plenty of room!! It's based on the new B8 A4 platform.The new dash ,which I'm sure will be the new A4 dash is a huge leap forward over the current model and positively makes every thing else old fashioned.
    Don't you hate that the sports versions of cars (RS4, M3, etc) come out at the end of the model range, so that very soon it has the "old" shape, and starts to look dated. From a marketing point of view I can see why car companies do this, I'm still not happy about it though...

BMW have a lot to be worried about when the RS verion of the S5 is released.It will have the M3 definitely in its sights...The Audi stand with such a wide and varied range of vehicles including the S5,R8,RS4 Avant ,S3 and Q7 made the BMW stand look very ordinary with a very boring range of 3 series.I was standing next to the X5 and didn't realise it was the new model until someone mentioned it !!!

Audi are going to slay them in the comming years !!!!
    BMW have been going great guns recently. Despite the "challenging" looks of the Bangle BM's they are posting record sales globally and also in most individual markets. To be honest I think the pie is becoming bigger rather than one or the other company taking more of the pie. There are just more people around able/willing to fork over big cash for a luxury/sports car.

Taking your point, however, how do you guys rate the two brands? Here are some thoughts I had:

Exterior Looks: Audi, hands down

Interior Looks: Audi, again in front -> those two "pods" in the BM cockpits just look strange to me

Handling: BMW (based on rear wheel vs front wheel and quattro, 50:50 weight distribution vs heavy front end - negative point is runflats on non M cars)

Tech: BMW (go round corners headlights use torsional force inputs rather than just where steering wheel points, rain sensor actually works, navigation system is much more precise, heads up display, etc.)

Interior controls: Audi (indicator stalk is still mechanical and can be used without wanting to rip it out of the dash, iDrive - enough said)

Any other thoughts?

Brad
    RS4 Sedan - Daytona Grey
    Previous drives:
    Porsche Cayman S
    Audi TT
    BMW 328Ci
    BMW 318i
    Mazda 323 (ok, ok, but it was my first car!)

Do u guys think the M3 will smoke the RS4?? or do u think it will be nearly the same??

YAWWWNNN !!!!!!!
    Questions like that r only asked 2 start flame wars,very childish.