Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New BMW M3. Horsepower and Gearbox info!

I am a bit at a lose as to the Gs the RS4 pulled, I have seen print-outs from the SportAuto that showed the RS4 pulling 1.25g on some corners.

But anyway this is not what the RS4 is about, we know it not in the same class for track use as the CSL or GT3, it's a road car and a devastating one at that.

On every corner shown the GT3RS is quicker and the same goes on the straight line so the Porsche is the make of the CSL on the ring regardless of the weight balance. But I will say this the GT3RS has a bloody big spoiler and the CSL doesn't which is more amazing.
    Search and you will find the truth.

6 mars at 16.00

according to bilfeber.se the new BMW M3 is set to be presentet at 16.00 at the geneva the 6 mars

http://bil.feber.se/feber/art/12619/...enterar_bmw_n/

there are many different summaries on the horse power for the new M3 dont know wether which is right. if it has 440 hp with manuel then it might be faster then the M5.

actually its very sad to hear that the new M3 would be faster than the RS4 its really sad dont know why i am sad, mabe i want my RS4 to outrun the new M3 too much

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    actually its very sad to hear that the new M3 would be faster than the RS4 its really sad dont know why i am sad, mabe i want my RS4 to outrun the new M3 too much
    You really expected the RS4 to outrun the new M3?
    I've been saying since Day 1, since the RS4 came out and people asked here if they should wait for the new M3 instead, I distinctly remember saying the new M will easily beat the RS4 in a straight line, probably even around many tracks (maybe not all), but Audi has a little more to offer then just the above mentioned weaknesses.
    [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/phEight/croppedcar.jpg[/img]

yeah right...M3 will not be faster than M5 and M5 has bean betten to many times by RS4 so do NEVER EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT CAUSE YOU'RE WRONG MAN...BEAT WHAT?4.1s?BE REAL....RWD vs 4WD!!!!)))I did 4.1s in a friend's RS4 so never ever say that BMW will beat Audi cause is not for real...and on the other hand M3 will be in 3 versions like RS4 so COMPARE RS4 SALOON TO M3 SALOON AND M3 COUPE TO RS5 COUPE AND M3 CABRIO TO RS5 CABRIO!!!THAT'S THE WAY YOU CAN COMPARE MAN!!!Sorry BUT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT M3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    yeah right...M3 will not be faster than M5 and M5 has bean betten to many times by RS4 so do NEVER EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT CAUSE YOU'RE WRONG MAN...BEAT WHAT?4.1s?BE REAL....RWD vs 4WD!!!!)))I did 4.1s in a friend's RS4 so never ever say that BMW will beat Audi cause is not for real...and on the other hand M3 will be in 3 versions like RS4 so COMPARE RS4 SALOON TO M3 SALOON AND M3 COUPE TO RS5 COUPE AND M3 CABRIO TO RS5 CABRIO!!!THAT'S THE WAY YOU CAN COMPARE MAN!!!Sorry BUT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT M3!!!
    Calm down m8.

0-60 is one thing, after that.. it will be a case of bye bye. It's as easy as that..

A few mags have gotten the M5 from 0-60 in 4.1 too M8 Id love to see a rs4 beat an M5 in the 1/4 mile but on this plannit it WON'T happen

the old M3 csl beats the rs4 in many track tests,what makes you think the new M3 wont beat the old one?

oh and btw the old e46 M3 was faster than the e39 in almost everytest it went up against

If by any chance these rumors are true with the M3 getting 448ps there wont be a car from Audi that can touch this car on a track other than a P car.

The only thing your rs4/rs5 will have ove the M3 is being able to drive in the snow(something I wouldnt do with either cars but to each his own

Time for that RS4 +
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Both the Audi and BMW are great cars. Love to have either of them. It's to bad the prices of both of the manufactures vehicles are going out the roof....

P.S. First post on your fine forum. I like what I see....

Man I miss your posts superstar LOL.

We'll find out just how wrong people are about the performance of the M3 in due time. RWD vs. 4WD? You mean twice the drive train loss means nothing? I feel you on unfair comparisons, however the current RS4 is the only competitor to the M3 coupe. The M5 was beat around the track while the RS4 had race tires. I'm not doubting the handling capabilities, nor am I doubting the RS4 can beat the M5 around the track, straight line is out of the question though. I'm speaking of straight line racing and brute force power. The M3 will beat the RS4, to think otherwise is delusional. With all that said, I would still take an RS4 over an M3.
    [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/phEight/croppedcar.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by skratch View Post
    A few mags have gotten the M5 from 0-60 in 4.1 too M8 Id love to see a rs4 beat an M5 in the 1/4 mile but on this plannit it WON'T happen

the old M3 csl beats the rs4 in many track tests,what makes you think the new M3 wont beat the old one?

oh and btw the old e46 M3 was faster than the e39 in almost everytest it went up against

If by any chance these rumors are true with the M3 getting 448ps there wont be a car from Audi that can touch this car on a track other than a P car.

The only thing your rs4/rs5 will have ove the M3 is being able to drive in the snow(something I wouldnt do with either cars but to each his own
    Alas this is the trap that every comparison between the Audi brand and BWM brand fall in to, which is the quickest in a straight line and who's the quickest on a track. I agree on both counts the M3 will be the quicker car as it's design is several years newer than the RS4 but here's the problem, last time I looked I drove my car 99% of the time on the road.

Now as yet toll road aren't in the UK though I know other countries do have them, so the place over here that a new M3 will beat a RS4 over here is on a toll road, sorry wrong choice of words race track and the last time I when to work these type of toll roads aren't open. So in other works the RS4 will remain the king of the road or should I call it the King's highway.

DO NEVER EVER SAY THAT BMW M3 WILL BE FASTER THAN AUDI RS4, CHECK THIS: Some crucial numbers
    Although we expect the 2008 BMW M3 will weigh slightly more than the former 3,460-pound M3, the additional 81 hp represented by the new 4.0-liter V8 should yield improved performance. There won't be anything official for quite some time, but we hear BMW expects acceleration to 62 mph in 4.9 seconds. Top speed will be electronically limited to 155 mph as with existing M-cars, but we understand the car is geared for 175 mph at the V8's redline in 6th gear.
    4.9s fo M3...4.1s for RS4...BRAVO:d

RS4 might be faster than the M5 around SOME tracks, but come on, those 500HP quicks the rs4s ass in a strait line. And the M3 will not be faster than the M5, just like the cayman S is slower than the 911... Families have there rules!

Never the less, i'd buy an RS4 every day!

Just a parenthesis here...

Look at what I found on the vortex .
    Word is that "That silver mule sure looks like one, does it not? Story is that two BMW-employees chrash with one another during winter-testing in Arjeplog Sweden the day before yesterday (tuesday)."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1091964156.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	4735  

Our streets where I live are fine for an M3 95% of the year.By your views every rwd sports car has no use

Maybe where you live but what do you say about all the other high performance cars that have rwd?

every one knows that the M3 is a FUN weekend car and thats why people buy them,theres always the few who drive them year round and guess what happens when it snows out?They don't drive there 80,000 dollar sports coupe out there.Just like the P car guys don't drive there 911s and the corvettte guys bust out there big trucks.

You keep thinking BMW gives a crap about weather conditions and actually cares if some one can drive a rs4 raster in the wet?Only a moron would drive there cars hard in poor weather conditions.

They have a 335xi all wheel drive for that.The M3 was always about summer fun.

It dosnt rain much here either lol

Don't take this the wrong way,I wasnt trying to be an ass,Its just that I get sick of the awd thing and lets seee them drive in the rain fast thing you Audi guys always bring up when your car gets beat down in every DRY category.

Quote Originally Posted by skratch View Post
    Our streets where I live are fine for an M3 95% of the year.By your views every rwd sports car has no use

Maybe where you live but what do you say about all the other high performance cars that have rwd?

every one knows that the M3 is a FUN weekend car and thats why people buy them,theres always the few who drive them year round and guess what happens when it snows out?They don't drive there 80,000 dollar sports coupe out there.Just like the P car guys don't drive there 911s and the corvettte guys bust out there big trucks.

You keep thinking BMW gives a crap about weather conditions and actually cares if some one can drive a rs4 raster in the wet?Only a moron would drive there cars hard in poor weather conditions.

They have a 335xi all wheel drive for that.The M3 was always about summer fun.

It dosnt rain much here either lol

Don't take this the wrong way,I wasnt trying to be an ass,Its just that I get sick of the awd thing and lets seee them drive in the rain fast thing you Audi guys always bring up when your car gets beat down in every DRY category.
    I thinks the real difference is in the people, one chooses the BMW for it's entertainment when the weather is dry and for it's ability to show off so to speak as in power slide and the likes and the brand image which in Pub circles has the better pull among the lads. The people that choose Audi S/RS models are in to the quality of the product, it's exterior, it's interior, the fit and finish of everything, it security what ever the weather and the way it's performance is delivered without any wastage.

I class the younger BMW driver the wide boy so the speak, everything is out there on show while the young Audi driver is more restrained in a way.

Everyone who has spent time on a track or had tutoring will tell you that neatness is the key to fast times and that is what awd gives you a neat line through a corner, it might not be the most entertaining but it is the quickest for all cars not only Audis.

If I wanted a weekend car for the road and the track it would be something special like a Caterham or something, but never an M3.