Thread: Modified Audi S8 Pics!!

Modified Audi S8 Pics!!

This is for the few pm's I received from the thread I created about my brother selling his Audi S6. No bites yet, but people are requesting to see more pics of the S8 he used to have. I only have few pics but I am posting it here for those who asked. Once again the 2003 AUDI S6 is for sale, click on this link for more info:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10946

**AUDI S8 BELOW**
    (Sorry these are the only pics I have, The wheels you see in the first few pics are 20' Antera 353's/ The last pic (and my favorite wheels on this car) are the TSW's)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	939b.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	4579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	985b.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	4580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S8.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	4581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi S8.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	4582  
    Last edited by AudiFanatic83; January 15th, 2007 at 18:50. Reason: more info
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------
    2005 Audi A4 UltraSports Package

Pimpim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the perfect car, both interior and exterior. Believe it or not, I miss this more than the RS6 (even though the RS6 was just sick in performance).
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------

Fantastic !

That is GREAT car !!!

Fantastic! What's the power?

nah....

don't miss my s8. fells all soft and mushy compared to the rs6. actually, correction, i do miss the build quality compared to the rs6. the a8/s8 is a unique platform, not a grown up a6, like the a6 is a grown up a4...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    nah....

don't miss my s8. fells all soft and mushy compared to the rs6. actually, correction, i do miss the build quality compared to the rs6. the a8/s8 is a unique platform, not a grown up a6, like the a6 is a grown up a4...
    thats exactly what i was saying...interior and exterior on this car was just great, but as far performance goes the rs6 hands down!

Power Question: It just had an intake and LL-tek exhaust, but the car was already powerful enough ...however he did buy a chip for the car but shops refused to install it, they were having difficulty getting into the ecu...I remember seeing the ecu box they were trying to get into and it was like pure titanium...one of the guys offered to cut it open with some type of heat and my brother was like HELL NO lol!
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------

Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    nah....

Only miss my RS6 for a few really silly reasons:-
    * D3 S8 is harder to reverse into my garage and too wide for local multi-storey car park. (Solution- park more carefully and shop elsewhere!)

* Less room inside S8, believe it or not. The boot (trunk) is also smaller. (Solution- keep boot tidy!)

* Get wet when windows slightly open in the rain. (Solution- giving up smoking so don't need to open windows in the rain!)

I don't miss:-

* Fear of large bill connected with DRC, gearbox, etc when warranty expires. Cam belt every three years and other high cost/short life maintenance.

* Having my spine jarred with every pothole in out dreadful roads.

* Mid-corner bumps on high speed A/B roads throwing my car off line.

This is not a criticism of the RS6- it was a fantastic car and had it not been about to hit the three year age, shortly to expire warranty and forthcoming bills for cam belt, brake discs/pads, tyres and major service, I'd have probably kept it. I may very well get the new RS6, although our nanny state appears to be trying to price the ownership of performance cars out of the pockets of ordinary people and I might just end up with something I can't afford to run and can't sell either. At the momrnt I'm seriously considering a Smart car for the trip to work and leave the proper car for weekends.