Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
What exactly does ferrari have to fear? Lambo needs to launch a more powerful gallardo to catch up to the current 430 and by that time ferrari will launch a challenge stradale version of the 430 that will again put them well ahead of the gallardo in performance.
and it is a hardcore, non daily drive version of the basic car. same will be true of the gallardo sv. one cannot compare these cars to the basic versions they came from. a race version of the R8 could also be produced and that would be a fair comparison with the above cars.

the bottom line is that the gallardo/R8 will soon face an ID crisis. and with porsche's say i would highly doubt that lambo will remain an audi owned company. lambo, believe it or not, is in danger of being sold........

i do not know how audi plans to distinguish the V10 R8 from the gallardo. i do not suspect the gallardo will produce more than 550 hp in final form (the last expected updated before an all new model that is at least 3 years away b/c lambo R&D is now operating on it's own profits and sans audi funding). only diff between the two will be the more daily livability/comfort of the R8. (while achieving 9/10ths of the performance at a 50K minimum savings- which could buy you a heffner kit that will kill just about anything this side of a zonda)

and finally, the V10 in the R8 is expected to be a high rev NA engine... iow- an RS4engine with two more cylinders. and not requiring a computer to release 100 more hp from it. that is scary brilliant stuff....and imo shall be a much superior engine to the one in the M5 and M6......