Thread: Audi Q7 V12 TDI Concept @ NAIAS

Audi Q7 V12 TDI Concept @ NAIAS

"Audi is advancing to the cutting edge of diesel technology development. The Ingolstadt brand already has a host of landmark achievements to its credit – and the list is about to be extended with the advent of the first ever V12 TDI passenger car engine. The six-litre unit under the bonnet of the Audi Q7 V12 TDI study delivers a majestic 368 kW/500 bhp and a formidable 1,000 Nm of torque. This injects the high-performance SUV with the dynamism of a powerful sports car."

Whole article here!

Call me crazy, but i still think those wheel arches are flared more than the 4.2/3.6 versions... Very nice!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

That IS one Mother of an engine.

Audi have got to put that in something else, that doesn't weigh 2.5 tonnes.

Its about time diesel engines take their final step to credibility.

This is just begging to be put in a version of the R8. It would certainly not lack performance. Its a unique selling point for the car (not that it really needs one at the moment).
    If its good enough for diesels to slaughter everything else at Lemans, it should be reasonable to expect one in a sports/supercar soon.

Isn't the american adage 'Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday' ?

I don't know, as much as I like this TDI and as much as Audi is saying that cooling is the only problem, compared to the V8 FSI in currently in the R8 this TDI is around 300 pounds heavier. However the engine is very powerful and really fuel efficient.

Yeah, the extra weight would certainly be a minus point over the 4.2 version.

At least the extra weight would be inside the wheelbase of the car, not strung out infront of the wheelbase like it is on most other current Audis.

Just for kicks I'd love to se someone buy an R8 tdi just because of the fuel consumption figures.

I like it, exept the white interior!
    The V12 TDI rules!

Yes, I agree with most, neat concept, great for an SUV. The original one was shown in silver, not sure why for NAIAS it is a white one. As for the engine, a diesel was made for the SUV, lots of torque, lots of pulling power, and good efficiency. A sports car would be better off with a naturally aspirated or turbo gasoline engine.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)