Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS4 real Top speed

RS4 real Top speed

Hi everyone!
    This week I will be informed about my RS4 Avant delivery (supposely in march).

Iīve heard, and I donīt know if itīs truth or not, that some rs4 come out of factory without top speed limiter (250 km/h). Is this true??

And what is the real top speed of the rs4 with the limiter kicking in??

What I mean is that, for example, my BMW M3 had as every german car (apart from porsche), a governed top speed limiter of 250 km/h, but its real top speed was 262 km/h, and at that speed was when the limiter started to work.

What about the rs4??

Same as the M3 - the 250km/h limiter is "generous" and seems to kick in much closer to 270 km/h.

There's a video on youtube of an umlimited RS4 accelerating to 300 km/h in Kuwait.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Same as the M3 - the 250km/h limiter is "generous" and seems to kick in much closer to 270 km/h.

There's a video on youtube of an umlimited RS4 accelerating to 300 km/h in Kuwait.
    270km/h is the same as the one on the S4, that when it kicks in. I very much doubt that the RS4 unlimited will get any higher than 300km/h.
    Search and you will find the truth.

This speed of 300 km/h is of speedometer!
    Because real my be 290 km/h

Quote Originally Posted by bastordd View Post
    This speed of 300 km/h is of speedometer!
    Because real my be 290 km/h
    Real speed is 297,2 km/h!!!!Speedo is 310!Very soon i will show a video 200-290km/h(speedo).290 is on the speedo the new v-max limiter after replacing the ECUs.I have the feeling that after 200 km/h my stock car is quicker than Digitec from Kuwait.

I think MTM Say that a stock RS4 B7 without the topspeed limter does 282 Km/h..

Quote Originally Posted by alex_s3 View Post
    So it's top speed isn't that much better than a standard S4.:eye: So on a straight bit of road 5 miles long, it will only cross the line 200 meters ahead of me if it was a stand start. Interesting.

This is where aerodynamics kick in. And lets face it - with its huge grill the RS4 is going to beat any top speed records...
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by alex_s3 View Post
    MTM does not remove completely the v- max limiter...Neither ABT.

Remember folks, indicated speedometer error. Your speed is roughly @ 6-10% less than what you see on your speedo. In a dream some time back, I had my RS at 160 MPH indicated. It was still pulling hard and no speed limiter kicked in. I figure I was most likely at @ 145-148 MPH. A true test needs to be done with a radar gun and timing equipment to get a real top speed recorded. Please keep this in mind when quoting speeds.
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

Just use your gps to get an idea about your real speed. I remember my old passat used to give me the real speed via the climacontrol.

I've noticed that in my RS6, when putting up a speedwarning at 240kmh, it won't sound till you are close to 260kmh on the speedometer.

MTM is quoting a topspeed for the RS6 of 288km/h. I am guessing for the RS4 it will be more or less the same, I read 282 kmh somehwere here. That will be about 300kmh on the speedometer.
    Had a battle with one on the highway few days ago and respect to the RS4, I had lots of difficulties in topping it.

Best regards
    LU-RS6
    Get out and drive

GPS Calibration showed 3 MPH error in US running 19"PZero Tires

I've checked speedo calibration at several different speeds, up to 120 mph, and have found it to be uniformly 3 mph fast (5 kph). I keep a Garmin gps in my car to measure peak speed, on the off chance I find a road where I can run wideopen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Audihead View Post
    Remember folks, indicated speedometer error. Your speed is roughly @ 6-10% less than what you see on your speedo. In a dream some time back, I had my RS at 160 MPH indicated. It was still pulling hard and no speed limiter kicked in. I figure I was most likely at @ 145-148 MPH. A true test needs to be done with a radar gun and timing equipment to get a real top speed recorded. Please keep this in mind when quoting speeds.

Any good after market Sat-Nav will show the top speed and because they use GPS they are very exact. And I also found the speedo to be 3mph out at 120mph.

A6 3.2l with standard tyres. 100@100, 240@250 and 259@270. So not too much on there. But my sisters A4 with 17" 135@150

May i say i drove mine to 310 speedo and real speed was like KK265 said 297 Km/h .

It's a formula you have to input to delimit the car. Stock it does 262 real speed and 270 speedo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CezarRS4 View Post
    May i say i drove mine to 310 speedo and real speed was like KK265 said 297 Km/h .

It's a formula you have to input to delimit the car. Stock it does 262 real speed and 270 speedo.

Thanks
    Sorry for my english but what formula you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by reimon View Post

What I mean is that, for example, my BMW M3 had as every german car (apart from porsche), a governed top speed limiter of 250 km/h
    Dont forget Alpina or Opel/Vauxhall
    " I Am A Driving God! "

The speed is in fact not limited. They say this in order to be politically correct. It is not limited onthe S series, nor on the RS.

I personally owned a S4 (V8) and blocked the speedo right below red line at app.285+ Km/h.

Two months ago, I was invited by Audi on a track for a S/RS demo day ( we tried S3,S4,S6,S8, RS4) - at the end of the day, they had four RS4 ( two sedan, and 2 avant) with an Audi test driver in each, and all cars took us around the oval ( banked turns...) - all of them exceeded 290 Km/h - there was driver plus at least 2 (or 3) passengers in each car. The drivers said they were not authorized on these test days to exceed 290 km/h, but stated that top speed was in excess of 300 km/h, and has occasionally exceeded 310 km/h. A friend of mine said that with three other people on board, they hit 310 km/h recently in luxemburg...... Regardless of the actual speed, during the test days, the cars were stock, and new ( less than 4.000 km on them), and all exceeded 250 km/h, and the red line seemed to be the limit

As for differential in speedometer and actual speed, i have found it generally less than 3%, which they have to compute in, in order to make with variation in tire diameter when tires wear.....

I verified speed at 200 km/h once and GPS read 196, so fairly acurate all in all.....