Thread: SD Memory card problem. Help please!

SD Memory card problem. Help please!

Having bought 2 x 4GB SD memory cards, then got a reader which was compatable with their large size to format them, I am STILL having problems with them.
    I now have one card which has about 10 albums in individual sub folders which works ( although car states that it is a 392 megabyte card).
    However, the other card, I have formatted and added individual tracks (about 30 or so) and the RS4 does not recognise the card is there.
    Any help gratefully received

[LIST][*]Try to re-format your card.[*]Use FAT32 instead of NTFS[*]Only the following sampling rate are supported: 32, 44,1 or 48kHz[*]Only the following constant or variable bit rates are supported: 32,40,48,56,64,80,96,112,128,160,192,224,256,320[*]There is a 400 file limit[/LIST]

Thanks for the instructions. Unfortunately, other than reformatting the card, I am clueless how to achieve the rest!! Sorry.
    How come my other card is recognised!?

I think the most likely reason for the problem is the wrong file format of the card.
    To format your card with FAT32 instead of NTFS you have to use the windows explorer, click with the right mouse button on your card reader device, select “format” from the explorer context menu, and then you can select “FAT32” in the “file system“ drop-down menu and re-format your card.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasm View Post
    I think the most likely reason for the problem is the wrong file format of the card.
    To format your card with FAT32 instead of NTFS you have to use the windows explorer, click with the right mouse button on your card reader device, select “format” from the explorer context menu, and then you can select “FAT32” in the “file system“ drop-down menu and re-format your card.
    OK, I have re-foratted in FAT32 mode.
    Whatt about "sampling rates" and "variable bit rates" from your earlier post. How do I check these please.?

Use the windows explorer again, right click the MP3 file, select “properties” from the context menu, select the “File information” tab, click the “Advanced” button, now you see all the details of your MP3 file.

I have an idea, copy some files from your working card to the not working one and make a test. If this works that your problem has to do with the MP3 file, if this doesn’t work than your problem comes from the card itself.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Try this

If you haven't already, try this:

First, put all your songs in folders, i.e.

Depeche Mode (folder)
    Leave In Silence
    Lie to me

etc.

Next, make sure you check the properties of your song files to make sure they're MP3's and that they're at no greater than 192kps sampling rate.

On my 2GB cards, I got something like 350 songs on each card.

Works great

Quote Originally Posted by andreasm View Post
    [LIST][*]There is a 400 file limit[/LIST]
    The limit is actually 512 files PLUS folders.