Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pic's of my S8

Pic's of my S8

Finally got a chance to get a couple of pics of my new S8.
    Yes I got rid of the 997TT, although a fabulous car and a wicked fast automobile it wasn't for me. As someone who owned one and sold it said it pretty good in that it doesn't excite you unless you are driving like a madman on coke. Kudo's to Porsche for making a 911 Turbo that is docile when driven "normally" it just wasn't what I needed. I LOVE the S8 and cant give it praise enough. It feels very connected to the road esp. in the dynamic mode. It picks up speed well enough for me, is it a S65 beater, No, not in the numbers race but in overall feel it rocks, all the time everytime.
    I have had 2 Bentley's this year a SL65AMG and the 997TT, NONE of those cars made me feel what the S8 makes me feel every time I get in it or drive it.
    The Bentley's were awesome cars just too stodgy for me, even the Flying Spur my brother has excites me as a sedan the way the S8 does.
    I was not a fan of the car when I seen it first came out, as always I thought Audi could of done more to the performance part and the cosmetic look of the car.
    I still do and that hasnt changed, I cant wait to be able to put on a Milltek exhaust when they build one as the V10 needs to be heard a little more on the inside of the vehicle especially when you nail it.
    The 7200RPM redline is great and the car moves when pushed, the ride is unbelievable and I find myself forgetting sometimes that I am driving a 4 door luxury car albeit sports tuned.
    The 997TT served me well for the short time I had it but to me its not what a Porsche Turbo should feel like, Yes I have been spoiled by the rawness of an GT2 and that is what I loved about it the most. Raw power and Raw delivery the old fashioned way, straight to the ribcage. As i said I will wait to see what the 997GT2 delivers and if it's not on par or surpasses the 996GT2 envelope than i will for sure be getting a 996GT2.
    I know I have changed many cars this year alone but I can safely say the S8 is NOT going anywhere for a long time, she is def. a keeper.

Specs on the car are as follows:
    2007 Audi S8
    Daytona Gray (I am in love with this color)
    Black leather,
    And of course I had to have the B&O sound system, once you hear this in the car you dont wanna get out.

Bajo
    to Audi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiS8-1.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	4477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiS8-5.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	4478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiS8-6.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	4479  
    Last edited by BBGT2; December 14th, 2006 at 21:22.
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Thanks and congratulations! I almost had to remind you to post here about it

I saw a recent test. The S8, of all cars, and the new Porsche 997 had the highest speed thru the slalom course.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

A couple more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiS8-3.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	4480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiS8-4.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	4481  

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks and congratulations! I almost had to remind you to post here about it

I saw a recent test. The S8, of all cars, and the new Porsche 997 had the highest speed thru the slalom course.

Thanks Erik, no reminders necesary I may not post alot anymore here but even though I didnt have and Audi for awhile I was always here lurking and staying in touch with friends I have made over the years. RS6.com is my home and always will be.

Bajo

My God what I'd give for a car like that

What to say... CONGRATULATIONS!

That is one awesome car.. looks so great. I had a closer look at a S8 yesterday and I'm in love... youre one lucky man!

Awesome, congrats !

Thank you guys.
    Audi has def. won me over with this car. I loved my RS6's but the S8 is beyond that for me.

Bajo

Congrats on that great looking car mate .

Cheers,

Javier

Very nice. I'd love to take that beast out for a ride someday. Must contact my dealer. Congrats.

congratulation, use it well
    heaven for the climate, hell for company

Congrats Bajo,

Just in time for the snow season, keep us up to date on how it performs through the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Very nice. I'd love to take that beast out for a ride someday. Must contact my dealer. Congrats.

Nene,

That is easily solved, come to Chicago and drive mine !

Bajo

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Congrats Bajo,

Just in time for the snow season, keep us up to date on how it performs through the winter.

Klint,

Not so good with the current tires.
    Unfortunately no snow tires in 20's. Only all season tires.
    Snow tire change would mean changing to 19's wheels and tires and Tire sensors.
    Around $2600 total, for that price I will get a Golf MkIII and drive thru the winter sell in spring. We shall see though how this winter goes, if its anything like last year where we had 2 bad snow storms than its no big deal.

Thank you guys.

Oh and BTW how come we dont have one of these mean dudes that say S8? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

s8

I also love my s8. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, phantom black w/ all black leather (not the two tone like most). I don't uually like black but this color is amazinng. Interesting comments on the 997 TT . i was thinking of getting the 997 TT as a second car but think I am going to try the m6 instead. Many people complaining the 997 TT is too tame

nyc,
    Yeah I looked at one with the 2 tone seats but it was the midnight blue and it just didnt hit me as a color that I like. And that one didnt have the B&O so def. a no no.
    Mine has the all black seats as well, and they are gorgeous. I have 3 kids and they will spend time in the car and that light stuff would not go unpunished, major reason why in my RS6 (both of them) I had the black.
    That black you got is the BEST black out there from any car maker, and is the only black I would get.
    The 997TT is tame when driven normally, when pressed hard she will astound you with the power, but still disconnected. The M6 is great if you like the Bimmer look, but def. get the 6 speed manual them "funny" SMG have been know to be huge headaches from what i have heard.

Bajo

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    I also love my s8. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, phantom black w/ all black leather (not the two tone like most). I don't uually like black but this color is amazinng. Interesting comments on the 997 TT . i was thinking of getting the 997 TT as a second car but think I am going to try the m6 instead. Many people complaining the 997 TT is too tame

nyc get the GT3 instead!

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Bajo,

Congrats on the ride. That car is truely the D-A-D-D-Y!

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver