Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics from New York Auto Show

rs6 at the ny show

I was able to see the car before the show opened- the audi rep let me take pix inside the car, inspect the engine, trunk, etc. I will post pix tomorrow of the interior trunk, etc. The seats look great- nicely contoured with the RS6 embossed in them. They look like the recaros that are in my bmw. the color seemed very ordinary- glad I spec'd the grey.
    How about some help from our European owners regarding the spare tire and battery- is the battery in the euro version in the spare tire wheel well? if so do you have a spare at all? maybe a few pictures would clarify your setup. I would like to move the battery into the well and figure out a spare tire setup.
    Thanks.

Re: rs6 at the ny show

John, looking forward to your pics. Also interested to know what kind of Recaros do you have in your BMW?

Originally posted by john hulbrock
    I was able to see the car before the show opened- the audi rep let me take pix inside the car, inspect the engine, trunk, etc. I will post pix tomorrow of the interior trunk, etc. The seats look great- nicely contoured with the RS6 embossed in them. They look like the recaros that are in my bmw. the color seemed very ordinary- glad I spec'd the grey.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

hello john, i take it that you can confirm we'll be getting the
    battery box in the trunk. look forward to the pics.

ben

battery box

Ben:
    The battery is definitly in the trunk and the spare looks like an inflatable spare . I am hoping there is enough room under the hollow part of the spare to relocate the battery to the well area. Still awaiting pix from our European owners.
    The recaros look great although they do not say"recaro". the wood grain dash looks weird- I'm going to change my order to carbon fiber .
    John

Re: rs6 at the ny show

How about some help from our European owners regarding the spare tire and battery- is the battery in the euro version in the spare tire wheel well? if so do you have a spare at all?
    The UK-spec car does have the battery in the spare tyre well (towards the front of the car), the rest of the well is occupied by the foam moulding which holds the minimal tool-kit, including a can of tyre sealant gunk, and an electrically powered compressor for re-inflating the tyre. There is definitely no spare in the UK-spec car.

I don't like not having a spare, but at least we don't lose luggage space and can have the Avant! The Avant would look very silly with a battery box stuck in the middle of the luggage space!
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

Re: battery box

Ben:
    The battery is definitly in the trunk and the spare looks like an inflatable spare . I am hoping there is enough room under the hollow part of the spare to relocate the battery to the well area. Still awaiting pix from our European owners.
    The recaros look great although they do not say"recaro". the wood grain dash looks weird- I'm going to change my order to carbon fiber .
    John
    guess i'm glad i went with the carbon trim as well
    ahhh... that battery box
    ben

The recaros look great although they do not say"recaro".
    John [/B]
    The seats don't say Recaro because they are not Recaros.

Still awaiting pix from our European owners.
    Then you shall wait no longer!

Extra battery power! No idea why they include the tool kit, as there's no spare to change!

I even got some free Snap-On tools, courtesey of Quattro Gmbh. Ah, the joys of having a German car delivered in December - built during Oktoberfest no doubt!
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport