Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 5.2 V10 Fsi.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The v10 R8 won't destroy the M6 in a straight line if that is what you are getting at.
    Ok. distroy is wrong word.
    But if not the V10 can beat M6, then what is al the hype about?
    Have Audi built a beachracer?

Quote Originally Posted by M! View Post
    Ok. distroy is wrong word.
    But if not the V10 can beat M6, then what is al the hype about?
    Have Audi built a beachracer?
    The hype is about a mid engine sports car to bridge the gap between the exotics and the 911 with great styling and exclusivity. Trust me, I am dissapointed with the straight line power but the fact is the vehicle is extremely well rounded.

Take a look at how the gallardo stacks up to the M6 accleration wise to give you an idea of how the R8 v10 will fair, edge goes to RWD and 7 gears as speeds rise.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    R8 even with the actuall V8 is destroying M6 but with the V10 it will humiliate M6 so nasty that M6 will cry like a baby...should i tell u again that 4WD is the best sport traction in the world and never ever loose power against super supraviration and burnin' tires like RWD?or i will say again...RS4 beat the crap M6 and R8 is 2sec faster than the RS4 so we all know what will happen when M6 will be against R8 on a test drive...humiliation will arrive...
    Wow... just wow, take your pills.

Wow... just wow, take your pills.

sticky, be nice.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The R8 will be a little quicker than the RS4 and I still believe it will be quicker to 160km/h than the M6 but alas after this speed the extra grunt of that almighty 5L v10 will see the M6 put ahead and up to it's limiter stay in front.

Only to see the R8 stroll by and walk off into the distance. God, how I love the 155mph limiter on BMWs.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    The R8 will be a little quicker than the RS4 and I still believe it will be quicker to 160km/h than the M6 but alas after this speed the extra grunt of that almighty 5L v10 will see the M6 put ahead and up to it's limiter stay in front.

Only to see the R8 stroll by and walk off into the distance. God, how I love the 155mph limiter on BMWs.
    You know that 90% of the M6 bayers have their limiter taken of ?
    M6 does 330km/h and the V8R8 does 301 riht?

You know that 90% of the M6 bayers have their limiter taken of ?
    M6 does 330km/h and the V8R8 does 301 riht?
    Well if I lived in Germany and there was roads without limits than I too would remove the limiter. But it's still a problem with the warranty so for those who don't want to void this then the R8 will be the quicker.

But this advantage that an unlimited M6 will have only appeals to straight roads. Does anyone remember the Top Gear test on the Isle of Man with a 997S, Aston Martin and the M6, now how much what the M6 behind the 997's time.

Well if I lived in Germany and there was roads without limits than I too would remove the limiter. But it's still a problem with the warranty so for those who don't want to void this then the R8 will be the quicker.

But this advantage that an unlimited M6 will have only appeals to straight roads. Does anyone remember the Top Gear test on the Isle of Man with a 997S, Aston Martin and the M6, now how much what the M6 behind the 997's time.
    I dont remember exactly, but the M6 was a couple of sek behind. But hey, its no shame to lose against a Porsche.
    I think R8 would be quicker than M6 on the same road, but still not beat the Porsche.

There is an 07ME option for M6 that delimits top speed to 305km/h with full factory warranty. Price around 2500Euro... Around 90% of current M6 buyers in Europe ordered its car with that option.

I agree with you-after 160km/h M6 will be faster.

BUT, point is track time. R8 needs to be faster then:

-1.14,4min on Hockenheim(Porsche 997S achived by Sport Auto)
    -8.03min on the Ring(AM V8 Vantage with Corsas by Sport Auto)

And R8 needs to reach 200km/h in at least 14.9s(factory claim).

This is just my humble opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    There is an 07ME option for M6 that delimits top speed to 305km/h with full factory warranty. Price around 2500Euro... Around 90% of current M6 buyers in Europe ordered its car with that option.

I agree with you-after 160km/h M6 will be faster.

BUT, point is track time. R8 needs to be faster then:

-1.14,4min on Hockenheim(Porsche 997S achived by Sport Auto)
    -8.03min on the Ring(AM V8 Vantage with Corsas by Sport Auto)

And R8 needs to reach 200km/h in at least 14.9s(factory claim).

This is just my humble opinion...
    R8 will NOT do the ring under 8 minutes....
    And 0-200 between 14.5-15.00 is what we should expect.

R8 will NOT do the ring under 8 minutes....
    More like you HOPE IT WON'T
    otherwise your arguments lost

Gallardos time is 7.52, so it should be close

If it was close to 160 I think we would all be happy. Realistically it is already behind at the 100 mph mark.

If it was close to 160 I think we would all be happy. Realistically it is already behind at the 100 mph mark.
    I have read quite a few M6 tests where it's 0-100mph time was 10.4s dropping to 9.6s. Likewise the RS4 has posted times of 10.8s down to 10.2s, and I bet some here can show times lower than that.

The R8 would post times less than 10 seconds for sure and with the Gallardo posting time of 9.0s and less, one must assume that the R8 will get to within half a second of the Gallardo's time.

Sticky, the only thing we can really be sure of is that the R8 won't be able to beat an M6 to 150mph, everything else is up for grabs.

I have read quite a few M6 tests where it's 0-100mph time was 10.4s dropping to 9.6s. Likewise the RS4 has posted times of 10.8s down to 10.2s, and I bet some here can show times lower than that.

The R8 would post times less than 10 seconds for sure and with the Gallardo posting time of 9.0s and less, one must assume that the R8 will get to within half a second of the Gallardo's time.

Sticky, the only thing we can really be sure of is that the R8 won't be able to beat an M6 to 150mph, everything else is up for grabs.
    I think we can be sure of the 100 mph as well considering that there have been M6 tests that have dipped into the 8's. I have yet to see an RS4 anywhere in the 9's. The point is, the trap speed difference is 10 mph, once the traction advantage of AWD wears off past 60 that is now the M's advantage.

The first test numbers for the R8 didn't crack the 9's.

Here is to hoping the R8 is really underrated and motortrend tested a copy that wasn't production spec.

I think we can be sure of the 100 mph as well considering that there have been M6 tests that have dipped into the 8's. I have yet to see an RS4 anywhere in the 9's. The point is, the trap speed difference is 10 mph, once the traction advantage of AWD wears off past 60 that is now the M's advantage.

The first test numbers for the R8 didn't crack the 9's.

Here is to hoping the R8 is really underrated and motortrend tested a copy that wasn't production spec.
    Interesting, an M6 dipping into the 8's. Even AUTOCAR which is BMW biggest fan in the UK didn't achieve a result like that, their time of 9.6 seconds I reckoned would have been the best time ever, so I was wrong BIG TIME!

Well on that then Sticky you will possibly be right. There may be the odd test where the R8 might beat an under the weather M6 to a 100mph but this will be few and far between. That is unless the one already tested wasn't at it's best.............here's hoping.

Actually the M6 had exact similar time than the V8 Vantage. Both were 5 sec behind the Carrera S

My point exactly, only people still holding a flame for the M6 are hung up on the acceleration of the R8.

The R8 is competing with only real sportscars like the 997s and it's awd brother, the M6 is only being regarded a rivals by the people I suggested above.

BMW have talked at long length that they are the Utimate Driver's Machine but at present their only recent glory is a car which hasn't been in production for more than 5 years (CSL). Come on BMW put up or shut up.

No one said the M6 was its rival, acceleration times between them were compared.

Everyone knows the 911S is the rival.

BMW put up or shut up? Come on man, getting a little ahead of yourself there. BMW has been making better drivers cars than AUDI for decades and the R8 isn't going to change that. The new M3's will likely be a very good performance match for the R8 for much less money. I can't wait to see how the M3's v8 compares, if it is like the gallardo's v10 vs. the m5's v10 then the BMW motor will be superior.