Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 5.2 V10 Fsi.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomik007 View Post
    I can't wait to get my hands on MY next Audi,but R8 or RS6?This question bothers me and I am very interested on what engine RS6 will actually get.If Audi go the proper RS way like with last RS6 engine,turbos should give the car easily the pace of the R8 but with lots of space for family and friends and pets and etc, which in my opinion is more, but of course I say it with understanding that these cars are completely different in the purpose.I absolutely like R8 with its original design and 21st century technology,but for me I think the decision totaly depends on Audi's choice of the engine for the next real BEAST.

This statement is used a lot, 'Real BEAST'. Now has anyone hear of the M5 being mentioned in the same way, ................ no, well me neither. Says a lot for what people think about this great car and engine.
    Search and you will find the truth.

It has been stated that the v10 has been delayed. According to Audi sales staff the reason given is the Gallardo is not due to get a power increase until mid-2008 which would mean a R8v10 would all but match the performance and all for £30K less.

Also to date they have no customer info on the A5 which is due for release sometime May/June '07, all they could confirm was that it will be launched with a 3.2v6(255hp) and a 4.2v8(350hp). This v8 is not the S5, so something special is to be expected.

Iceman reckons the S5 will get the 420hp from the RS4, I reckon this might be nearer the truth than even he thinks.

I read somewhere that said the 08 Gallardo would be bump up to 550 from it's current 520hp. Would that mean the V10 R8 get 500hp or 520? Also would the torque go up from the 5.2 fsi 398ft?

i also believe the A5

will start with a V6 and also have a V8 option..... given it's larger size could the V10 make it into the S version???????

i think the RS4 engine is too specialized and made by qmbh only- to be in the S5.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I'm amazed so many people are keen on the rumoured bi-turbo V10 in the next RS6. To me, it seems like a desperate cop-out in the We Must Beat BMWs Power game to bolt turbos on to such a fantastic N/a motor. I would love to see a 5.2 550 hp NA V10 in the RS6, and more aluminium being used to keep weight down, bringing power-to-weight up enough to match an M5 in a straight line and beat it on a track. Leave the boosting to Mercedes I say.

And put that same motor into the R8. Lamborghini's will still sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cale24 View Post
    I'm amazed so many people are keen on the rumoured bi-turbo V10 in the next RS6. To me, it seems like a desperate cop-out in the We Must Beat BMWs Power game to bolt turbos on to such a fantastic N/a motor. I would love to see a 5.2 550 hp NA V10 in the RS6, and more aluminium being used to keep weight down, bringing power-to-weight up enough to match an M5 in a straight line and beat it on a track. Leave the boosting to Mercedes I say.

And put that same motor into the R8. Lamborghini's will still sell.
    Sooo true. well said... it summarises the concept of sportiness.

MAKE IT POWERFUL, N/A AND LIGHT!!!

I have said the same thing many times. Audi needs to be innovative as well as playing the horsepower war. Pretty much 500hp is the minimum in todays supersedan/super GT category. Audi needs to use more aluminum, cf, keep quattro, and drop at least 200-300lbs.

Peace.
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

s6 weighs more than 2000 kg which is not good so they should focus on the weight instead of more and more power.

520-530 hp would be alright.

420 hp is ok for r8.

i'll be really happy if The S version of R8 V10 will have Twin-turbo like RS6...
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

I'm mostly have it right.
    Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI 480 HP.
    Executive Vice President Johan de Nysschen Audi Boss of America Confirms R8 V10 with 480hp In Interview.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    i'll be really happy if The S version of R8 V10 will have Twin-turbo like RS6...
    We all wish, but then the problem arises as to what to do with the gallardo.

I am just wondering if the R8 v10 5.2 will be quicker than todays gallardo. 480 hp for the 5.2 v10 doesn't sound right at all, I hope that isn't the case, why not stick with the 100 hp per liter?

How about this?...

Give the Gallardo AND the RS6 a TTV10 with some Serious power. (of course the G'do would have to have a few more ponies squeezed out)

Then a non boosted V10 version of the R8 can be set free. 500+ ponies.

(Then, the gd Murcielago would probably need another power bump as well i suppose. )

RB

R8 it won't have 480HP, but 520HP with the V10 on actual Gallardo or the beast from Le Mans of 6.0l TDI 500HP but way more torque than the future Gallardo...1000NM of creamy torque!480Hp is a bullshit...the new R8 will actually have at least 500HP so get over boys...that rumors of 480HP is a crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I'm mostly have it right.
    Audi R8 5.2 V10 FSI 480 HP.
    Executive Vice President Johan de Nysschen Audi Boss of America Confirms R8 V10 with 480hp In Interview.

Hans.
    V10 480HP sounds correct.
    60HP will make diffrence and same thing with the V10 a whole diffrent caractere.

Just for an example I drove the 330i 258HP and the 325i 218HP couple months ago first the 330i was fast so I wanted to try the 325i, 40HP less I thought that won't make much diffrence in performence but I was so wrooong, the 325i was so much slower and felt tierd. The 330i felt like a whole diffrent car, from that time I've stopped hooking up my self on the HPs becasue there is so much more than that which effects how a car will run.

but even though the new R8 with V10 or V12 TDI will not be lauched until the new Gallardon will come...and so i just said...the new R8 will definetely have at least 500HP...i will ask again my friend from Audi to tell me exactly how will be!

If the RS6 is getting 550hp with either N/A or turbos then the R8 will only need 480~500hp to still be a little quicker in acceleration and top speed. Already it has been established that the R8 is well ahead of the mainstream competition (BMW M6 and AMG SL55) for handlings, feel, driving ability & appeal and it reckoned to be the match of the 997 in all of these but with more class.

VAG don't need the R8 to be the quickest, they've been there and done that with the Veyron.

Audi is doing this because of showing BMW what is capable of when they built the best looking supercar and best handlling on the Earth...and the interios is way out from this world, even forward to the materials used by Mercedes Benz interiors...so Audi did again with style!R8 will not have sub 500HP for sure, is a fact not my statement, i heard this from a lot of people and editors from different magazines so i'm not wrong!And the other thing Audi prooved that 4WD beat the crap of RWD BMW traction even on handlling and sportivity...30/70 and 0/100 is mother of all tractions on this planet!