Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regrets?

Registered User India Whiskey Charlie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarends View Post
    OK, now I need to know what the "ROW" is? Is there a thread that explains acronyms used here (grin)?
    LOL! ROW stands for "Rest Of World." The world outside the USA.
    Viken
    2010 S4 S-Tronic
    2007 RS4

OK - got it - thx!

I did not realize that the US is not privy to this option - hmmmm, now that is kind of upsetting. I can live without the Euro seats and I can live without the Euro steering wheel, but when I am deprived of something that has to do with performance, now that gets upsetting!

Now I am wondering if the RS4's that are tearing up the Nurburgring are SS+ models. I don't suppose there is a review on the board (or anywhere else) that provides a real world comparison of SS+ handling to non SS+ handling?

Quote Originally Posted by Viken B. View Post
    LOL! ROW stands for "Rest Of World." The world outside the USA.

Regrets

I have the RS4 convertible, so clearly had to make a very big decision bigger than sunroof or no sunroof.

So on the basis I don't use the car for any track racing then the 0.1 speed difference should not bother me.

And having had the car for 3 months now I am still smiling.

Not 1 regret. I have had a normal RS4 for 3 days and this actually confirmed my decision of getting the convertible as I could not tell the difference. Except for 1. In the convertible people always come over and talk about the car as they never knew it came in that config.

I think we only have 120 units in the UK and I have still never seen another.

cpchannel,

Did you try combining your house, car and wife's (if married) car on one insurance policy? Also did your Audi dealer offer you a maintaince deal for service and parts over 3 years like I got, it has worked out to be a big saving.

Nice choice, with the roof down you must really hear that engine working. But your also a brave man, we in the U.K. don't get the best of weather though you will get better than me, in London you get 2/3 of a year rain and the other 1/3 dry and sunny weather. Up north we only get 1/2 of a year rain .................................. the other half it pisses down.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Regrets

Actually this was a great suggestion and I will infact save nearly £200 in march when I can separate my home insurance from the mortgage. Locked in due to deal.

And yes living down here does help in 'top down days'. I am from the north (newcastle) so I know what you mean by 'pissing down' but I think I still have a few days left this year.

No regrets at all. The car is absolutley awesome. Mine is US spec - premium w/sunroof. If I track the car it will be on a very limited basis, so I don't miss the SS+. Frankly, tracking a $73K car puts a few butterflies in my stomach. I'd sooner buy/build a dedicated track car that I wouldn't car about some dents and dings, much less a big crash.

If you are really looking for the SS+, Stasis makes a super aftermarket suspension package that will make you forget the Audi factory option (from what I hear).

cpchannel,

I am really interested in your experience. Having driven both the sedan and cabrio versions, you are a very valuable source of information in order to help people like me, who are in a dout between the cabrio and the sedan, to make our minds. Could you please help me with those questions... :

1) Handling.

It was my impression that the cabrio would be somewhat less "sporty" than the sedan (for example, lesser chasis stiffness just to name a known issue with cabrios) and more a "walking Miss Daisy" car (ok, just joking a bit here). Can you confirm if both versions handle equally, or at least, whether you couldn't feel the difference?

2) Raw Performance.

I assume that being 0.1 slower on 0-100 is not even noticeable in daily usage. Your thoughts?

3) External shape.

Yeah, great concern here. The sedan has an absolutely stunning shape, no matter the angle where you look at it from.
    Now you know what happens often with cabrios: the convertible top makes the car's shape to be slighly different of what it should be, and sometimes the results are more than noticeable (Carrera Cabrio comes to my mind for example, much less nice to my eyes than the coupe version).

Can you compare the two versions' external shapes, please ? Was Audi able to make the cabrio look like the sedan ?

4) Luggage.

Oh, yes. Whatever. Family car also, anyway! Is the luggage room affected due to the convertible top? Is there less luggage room in the cabrio version compared to the sedan?

5) RS seats. Of course.

Do they look nice with the top down? ;-)

I really appreciate your help with this one, man.... It's simply not easy to find someone who had driven both cars!

thanks for your time!
    A Ferrari will always be a Ferrari, and everything else... well, it also runs.

Regrets

Posted reply under RS4 Convertible Vs Sedan

"cpchannel,

I am really interested in your experience. Having driven both the sedan and cabrio versions, you are a very valuable source of information in order to help people like me, who are in a dout between the cabrio and the sedan, to make our minds. Could you please help me with those questions... :

1) Handling.

It was my impression that the cabrio would be somewhat less "sporty" than the sedan (for example, lesser chasis stiffness just to name a known issue with cabrios) and more a "walking Miss Daisy" car (ok, just joking a bit here). Can you confirm if both versions handle equally, or at least, whether you couldn't feel the difference?

2) Raw Performance.

I assume that being 0.1 slower on 0-100 is not even noticeable in daily usage. Your thoughts?

3) External shape.

Yeah, great concern here. The sedan has an absolutely stunning shape, no matter the angle where you look at it from.
    Now you know what happens often with cabrios: the convertible top makes the car's shape to be slighly different of what it should be, and sometimes the results are more than noticeable (Carrera Cabrio comes to my mind for example, much less nice to my eyes than the coupe version).

Can you compare the two versions' external shapes, please ? Was Audi able to make the cabrio look like the sedan ?

4) Luggage.

Oh, yes. Whatever. Family car also, anyway! Is the luggage room affected due to the convertible top? Is there less luggage room in the cabrio version compared to the sedan?

5) RS seats. Of course.

Do they look nice with the top down? ;-)"