Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: delivery

will take some pics tomorrow if it will stop raining/snowing....
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Quote Originally Posted by BBGT2 View Post
    Bet you cant believe ME saying that.

Bajo

You got that right!

deadline is Friday 12pm my time. If car is not there by then, we will get a Denali. I'm still hoping it will be there in time. Last update was car will be there in 2-3 days... but no confirmed location! Incredible that I can track a $60.00 package with UPS/Fed Ex, but no one seems to know where my wife's $60K Q7 is?!?!?

Yes George!!! Pics please!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I know where your truck is. It's at the dealer waiting for ya. I'm sure you know by now. Man that thing is:king: . Congrats, and see ya Friday!
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

Yep!

The wife is very happy. We were very close with the Denali (even had the dealer picked out) but we're glad that the Q7 deal came through.

As some here may already know, I am picking this car up in Detroit. A certain Audihead helped facilitate a discounted purchase for me that I could not achieve at my dealer back home this early in the Q7's model run. So... Detroit it is!

This will also give me the opportunity to meet two more members of rs6.com for the first time. Audihead in Detroit and BBGT2 (formerly known as Bajo) in Chicago. From there, it will be a banzai run to Salt Lake for a pit stop at a friends house, then the final leg home. Should be a little under 2500 miles on the odometer when I arrive home. Looking forward to the adventure.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Dang....

Major Problem,

Salesguy just informed me that our Q7 has the 6 seater configuration despite us ordering it with the 7 seater option... crap'ola!

I'm not sure the wifey is going to go for it... Talk about last minute. Man, I feel bad for my salesguy, but I got the paper on the bathroom counter showing we ordered the 7 seater... dang, dang, dang!

Can't things go right just once!!!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Damn, don't hope that's a common thing from Audi in the US? :S
    My Ride: Touareg V10
    [url]http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=23766[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Audi RS4 View Post
    Damn, don't hope that's a common thing from Audi in the US? :S
    Sadly, for me it seems to be. When I ordered my I specifically ordered Navi.

Needless to say, my car doesn't have Navi. Seems I'm two for two... that is, if the wife bites. So far, she is a tad bummed... may not work out afterall.

What a sucky deal. When I ordered the Q7, I'm the one that wanted all the "goodies". My wife's only request? But of course, "Honey, as long as you order the 7 seater configuration, that is all I care about...".

Greeeeat... of course the only option she cares about is the one that gets screwed up... Murphy, I could just about kill you and your stupid Law!!!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

there is something wrong - the premium package comes with NAV system as default (at least as per Audi USA configurator), you cannot get the Daytona Gray on basic 4.2 package.

Did you ask stealer to install it since it should be there to begin with?
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

No George,

Sorry for the missunderstanding... re-read my post: When I ordered my I specifically ordered Navi.

Needless to say, my car doesn't have Navi. Seems I'm two for two...

My RS 6 was ordered with Navi and didn't come with it.

The wife's Q7 was ordered as a 7 seater and didn't come that way. That is what I meant by "two for two". Two different ordered Audis, two different times that the order was messed up. So yes, in America, with my luck, this seems to be very common (100% for me to date )...sad.

Wife will make her decision by tomorrow morning...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

That's just not good enough for Audi. If Audi wants to be at the same level as BMW and Mercedes, they have to upper their service. Quite a bit!
    My Ride: Touareg V10
    [url]http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=23766[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Major Problem,

Salesguy just informed me that our Q7 has the 6 seater configuration despite us ordering it with the 7 seater option... crap'ola!

Can't things go right just once!!!

Ben
    Someone at Audi of America should read this and make things right - after all we cannot let Ben get a Denali .

I had to google it, as it is unknow here in europe, and after seeing pics of it - it is for sure a nice ride for american standards, but nowhere near a Q7.

I really hope your dilema can be solved somehow. On the other hand I fully understand you loosing your patiance with Audi.

All the best
    Seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Well fellas...

It is done. Despites my finest efforts, I could not sell the wife on the 6 seater. Most unfortunate. As for the dealer, despite the mess up, I have nothing but positive things to say. They never once tried to "hold" me to the sale, they were all too ready to admit it was their mess up, and were very apologetic. In this day and age of A**Hole customers, I think they were suprised by my patience in the matter. But in the end, their is no way to transform a 6 seater into a 7 seater without legalities (damn ambulance chasers) so the Q7 will not be coming home with me this weekend.

The Denali test ride went flawless. It is the exact color, exact options, exact everything (except being a Q7 of course ) that the wife wants. She is happy, and that is all I care about. I really am not a SUV person to begin with, so as long as she likes it, I'm fine.

Has this made me bitter with Audi... not really actually. When I think about it, I'm fine. I'm in the automotive industry as well and have to deal with A**Hole customers all the time so I've vowed loooong ago never to become one. In time, I will get another Audi, perhaps, even with said dealer, you never know.

To all that bought a Q7, enjoy, I truely hope you love your ride.

***edit*** wife wants me to still go out and meet up with the rs6.com guys! Did I mention how cool my wife is? So... I'll still get to meet up with Audihead and Bajo afterall! And I'd like to meet my salesguy to say hello as well (keep in mind, the original salesguy who placed the order has since left the dealer so it is completely not the current salesguy fault that the car came in wrong).

Ben
    Last edited by Benman; November 9th, 2006 at 22:07.
    Ron Paul Fan

sad to hear about your / your wifes decission.

well AOA or your dealer should use this whole story to learn out of it.

rgds
    mr

Ben,

Saw my first Q7 S-Line in silver and though we all with the exception of Radiation Joe, die-hard Audi nuts, it was the best looking 4x4 SUV I have ever seen. I don't know if you have seen one in Silver, if not drive to the nearest dealer that does because it is without a doubt the colour to have.

Sorry Radiation Joe, it was only a little joke and not a real dig at you.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The Q7 that never was...

Like I was saying, the wife wanted me to go out and spend some time with the guys anyway (good woman), so... Audihead (Aaron) picked me up from Detroit Metro and we were able to spend some time together before going to the dealer to see what would have been and then setting off for Chicago to meet up with BBGT2 (Bajo) for dinner.

I gotta say the Q7 Sline in Daytona Grey is gorgeous. It was a little painful to see, but ahh well. It was my pleasure to meet Aaron (and friends) and Bajo and I thank them for their hospitality.

BTW, LamboM must not have had a good example of a Escalade. And besides, the 07' is a total redisign. The Denali is it's mechanical twin. Same engine, same aluminum suspension, same 6speed tranny, same great ride with less "bling". Wife loves it, and I have to admit, it suprised me as well. Very nice truck.

So... anyway, here it is. The Q7 that never was... (sorry for the resized low quality):

1st, looks great on the outside, 2nd, the beautiful interior, yet the reason I couldn't take it home.... bummer.

Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q7front.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	4413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q7interior.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	4415  
    Ron Paul Fan