Thread: How many RS6's made

How many RS6's made

Does anyone have information (or a source) of how many (saloons and avants) were made in each production year into UK, USA, Europe?
    On the drive today : RS6 C5 saloon/sedan, S4 B5 saloon/sedan, S2 ABY Coupe
    Gone but not forgotten : S8 D2 FL

If i remember well around 5000 RS6's were built but i don't know how many of these went to USA, UK and Europe.
    999 RS6 Plus were made and i think these cars were only available in Europe(i'm from Europe and don't know how many RS cars went to the USA.)

North America (US + Canada) might have received anywhere betwee 1K and 1.2K cars.

that number is somewhere here - I think it was aroubd 8000, including the + series
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

I've read in several different car mags that less than 1000 RS6s were imported to the States. My grandson (S4 chipped) says the number is more like 880.

They are very rare here in New England. I've only seen two since owning my Avus and I've been to a couple of Audi gatherings.
    The Pirate
    New England

USA RS6 cars

You guys are right that in the US only RS6 saloons, no estates (ie sedans only). There was originally supposed to be around 800-900 cars, but Audi was successful enough in the US to bring more cars. Since AoA headquarters is close by and many friends who work there said the true US number is closer to 1200. Canada got a few hundred more cars, so probably something like 5k in Europe, 1500 in US and Ca, and another 1000 RS6+ cars so 8000 is probably very accurate.

Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

I remember reading an article that stated that the total number built was 8,081.

Only 85 cars were officially imported to Canada, not a few hundred.
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

I'm new here, but I read 880 from my research online

I think this is correct since the dealer I bought my RS6 from recently is the largest in the United States and has (3) RS6 units for sale right now (well only 2 now!). The GM says 881 is the actually correct count... 1 was not titled and is at Audi North America.

Sean

There are at least 5 or 6 in the Boston area!

Beside NENE who posts here...and there...LOL... I know others with RS6's in the Boston Area -

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by The Pirate View Post
    I've read in several different car mags that less than 1000 RS6s were imported to the States. My grandson (S4 chipped) says the number is more like 880.

They are very r
    are here in New England. I've only seen two since owning my Avus and I've been to a couple of Audi gatherings.

this thread is the top result in google and so i wanted to update with some authoritative numbers from Audi Customer Service (who if you hit them up on chat will tell you the production numbers for your specific combination).

The total number of RS6 4.2 Automatic Quattro models produced for the US market in 2003 is 1,435.

Of those, only 232 were made with Mugello Blue Pearl Effect exteriors, and only 152 models were produced with Mugello Blue Pearl Effect exteriors and Silver interiors.
    #905341 - Mugello @ 165k and climbing. Runs 11.40's @ 126MPH. BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Performify View Post
    this thread is the top result in google and so i wanted to update with some authoritative numbers from Audi Customer Service (who if you hit them up on chat will tell you the production numbers for your specific combination).

The total number of RS6 4.2 Automatic Quattro models produced for the US market in 2003 is 1,435.

Of those, only 232 were made with Mugello Blue Pearl Effect exteriors, and only 152 models were produced with Mugello Blue Pearl Effect exteriors and Silver interiors.
    Sounds like I'm one of 152!

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Sounds like I'm one of 152!
    And I'm 2 of 152...haha
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

We need to setup an RS6 New England or at least Massachusetts gathering in the Spring once we get this silly virus out of our back yard.
    I wonder if we will get a similar number of the new RS6 in the US?

It is nice to see that Audi of America gives out consistent information, as I was also told there were 1435 2003 RS6s sold in the US. Some more stats, mine is Avus Silver of which 399 were produced. Of those 399 only 99 had the Silver interiors. Again, if anyone would like to update the information on their vehicle, please let me know and I can update my unofficial list inspired by this forum:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Performify View Post