Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RS6 - What we've been waiting for!!!!!

I can second that. A pure N/A RS6 would probably find less customerbase than a turboed one. If the new RS6 comes with a N/A with 520hp its unlikely to beat the current M5 (due to weight)...which should be one of the goals (atleast thats what its been over the years).
    A N/A RS4 is fine, different customerbase.
    I doubt that the new RS6 will weight less than the current one, just look at the old and new RS4 (1620kg -> 1650kg).
    I really hope that we get a turboed one, i get too many conflicting reports so i have no idea whats true...guess we gotta wait untill March 07 or something.

German chip tuner SKN give the, Audi S8 483 hp / 575 Nm and the S6 468 hp / 575 Nm after a ECU software upgrade.

Hans.

Dear Bajo,

you will be coming back.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Bajo,

you will be coming back.

Qisha

I hope you are right my friend, and a little bird told me something a little while ago that I now further believe I WILL be back in the four ring mode.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Quote Originally Posted by BBGT2 View Post
    If the next gen RS6 is a N/A motor, they can keep it. Sorry I dont care for them, I need the snails so more power can be extracted from them. 520hp just from and RPM increase ???? I dont think so but you never know.
    Good luck Audi but you aint getting me back with THAT RS6, on a different note I did see a S8 on the hyway and must say it looked GREAT.

Bajo

Just an increase in Top HP number by higher rev's will not make it much quicker than the S6.

Honda Squeezes HP out of the S2000 by winding it out quite high, but that engine is just for that car...

A V10 with a higher rev limit over the S6 is just silly.

I don't think that is their plan.

More likely the V10 in the S6 is neutered like the V8 in the Audi A6 4.2 vs the A8 wit the same engine and the V10 for the N/A RS6 would be let loose...with wider power band, not just a tweeked High end RPM.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    More likely the V10 in the S6 is neutered like the V8 in the Audi A6 4.2

Mike
    Love that 'neutered' comment. It perfectly captures what car companies are now doing, partly out of cost savings (shared platforms/engines) and partly out of fear of stepping out of their carefully contrived 'niche' for each model in the range. Take as an example, the Porsche Cayman - wouldn't want to let that engine realize its true potential - then the 911 might have its pants pulled down, and that would never do!
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

This is what a salesman from Audi told me
    5.0 ltr TT 580 horses!! It could be horse s**t!!!

I wish this happens as I really don't want to go to BMW or Mercedes their service suck down here!!!!!

Buzz
    Current ;-)
    Ferrari 458 Italia '12, SLS AMG '11, 997.2 Turbo '11, RS6 exclusive '09 MTM'd, RR Autobiography SC '11, Maserati GranCabrio S '12, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    German chip tuner SKN give the, Audi S8 483 hp / 575 Nm and the S6 468 hp / 575 Nm after a ECU software upgrade.

Hans.
    Sounds good but how come the S6 can't get the same amount of power as the S8. There the same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    This is what a salesman from Audi told me
    5.0 ltr TT 580 horses!! It could be horse s**t!!!

I wish this happens as I really don't want to go to BMW or Mercedes their service suck down here!!!!!

Buzz
    I know it's all this Chinese whispers about what engine it will use and how much power it will produce, but just look at it based on the past model, it was if memory serves me £5K+ more than the last M5 and had 50hp extra to play with, so do the maths and that will put the new one at £67K:bigeyes: and possibly 550hp or more. I don't think we will price the price go much above that but their is a big possibly for this to increase to 580hp if they feel the market requires this amount to sale the product.

Hell if the rumors are to be believed the engine/transmission can easily cope with more.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I'm expecting 5.2 V10 N/A, what power, that is question.

I just don't see a posibility of turbo engine in this moment.

Everybody going N/A (MB, BMW...)

We will see...???

Quote Originally Posted by BBGT2 View Post
    If the next gen RS6 is a N/A motor, they can keep it.

Bajo
    Not to worry Bajo... it will have twin "snails" just for you. You'll see.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Detroit is coming up soon. Does anyone know if it will debut there?

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Detroit is coming up soon. Does anyone know if it will debut there?
    It will not IMHO, after the first spyshots i will take at least 6 month's before a carshow introduction.
    I think Geneva 2007 or IAA Frankfurt 2007 will be the place for introduction.

Hans.

I would like to think by that stage we will all know what will be in the cae technology wise.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Exclamation Details about new RS6!

I wanna say that a good friend of mine is sales manager on Audi Romania and he went to Ingolstadt for details about new models including RS6! He told me very seriously that the new RS6 it will have 580HP and a torque about 700Nm and the performance will be about 4-4,1s from 0-100km/h!The gearbox will not be a DSG 7 steps as i expected because it can't support so much power and will be a modified superfast Tiptronic with 6 steps and sequencial changing!It will be so fast that really could touch 0-100km/h in 3,8-3,9s because he told me that Audi is putting down performance numbers only for normal drivers,for high speed drivers the performance are way out from this world!This guy has an white RS4 and with a special electronic system bought from audi special for measuring the real performance of any sportscar he drove the RS4 from 0-100km/h in just 4,13s!!!!yes guys is it real...Supercar magazine reached this in 4,2s on their special track test with RS4...so RS6 will be a little bit of 5 passangers Veyron....no kidding...bmw will be angry for that kind of performance....i'll just wait the car....when will be shown on Geneva March 2007!!!see ya guys

Hi guys,

I'm a new member here. I don't own a RS6 because I'm still a student, maybe I'll own one in the future.

The next question I'm asking myself all the time. I'm wondering if Audi or any people who works at Audi will follow such of forums and topics about the new RS6, because what I see her is that many of those people who gives a reply want to see turbo engine in the RS6. And for so far I know these people are lovers of the RS6 and can't wait to see/buy the new RS6.

I'm enjoying replys here from other users and I hope I will learn a lot moe about the new RS6.

I wish everyone nice Christmas and a happy new year already!!

Doubt if new RS6 at this years show. Audi showed the S6 and S8 last year, even though it had been seen already. My guess is geneva, but who knows. RS6 is still at least a year and a half to two years away from US. It took almost a year to get the S6 from its launch here, just like the RS6. BTW, I live in Detroit, and will be going to the show. If there is anything interesting, I will take pics for you guys.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    It will not IMHO, after the first spyshots i will take at least 6 month's before a carshow introduction.
    I think Geneva 2007 or IAA Frankfurt 2007 will be the place for introduction.

Hans.

I'd have to agree with that. Detroit is way too early for the RS 6 MkII debut.

SuperstarDriver & Kliko, welcome to the forum. SuperstarDriver, yes, the 580hp, non DSG tranny is spot on with info we have heard. This will be the configuration.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan