Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RS6 - What we've been waiting for!!!!!

Without turbos or kompressor the V10 has any chance again M6/M5/AMG.
    Because of the weight, the awd, the gearbox and so on. . . .

So i hope . . . the german "weihnachtsmann" will spend them a TT engine .

Pit.

So, from what I try to read on seven pages above, the new RS6 will just be a tuned up (approx 520bhp) version of the current S6.
    That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that quattro gmbh would want to put its name to..

go like a 5/6 years ago, if you wanted supercharging, you turn to MB, normaly aspirated high reving engines, you turn to BMW, and for turbocharging you turn to audi, now Mb is taking the BMW design and engine route (ugly design i mean), audi sticked to giving us beautifuly crafted interiours wraped with a good looking exteriour. Now turbocharging for audi is like looks for Lambo, so giving up the turbochargers, audi wouldn't feel as special as it should be, it will loose its charisma.
    heaven for the climate, hell for company

Why does anyone think that the new RS6 will not be turboed, the only non-turboed RS model has been the current RS4 and I believe it was done this way not only to show the world that it like BMW had to know-how to produce a world class N/A engine plus the fact that adding turbos would have put to much weight over the front end killing the handling.

The next RS5/4 will been on the new improved chassis and it will be business as usual, in other words back to the trusty turbos. The RS6 will be turboed no doubt about it, to go down the N/A route will not provide the performance needed to achieve the results required to better the M5, something that the previous RS6 enjoyed and the next one will too.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Another details...

I spoked with my friend from Audi and he said that at the training session in Germany he was told that the new RS6 will have biturbo because the V10 from Gallardon couldn't have more power normal aspirated to reach the 550HP like they intended to do so they will put twin-turbos developing AT LEAST 560HP and a SURPRIZE (exactly like that he told me) will be @ 580HP and the torque of a space-shuttle because if the turbo's!I heard from him that the engine will not have LAG because of the turbo's working only on high speeds because one turbocharger will be for a half of cillinders and the other turbo for rest of the cillinders. The doors could be made from carbon fiber and the engine shelter likewise, a bigger eleron build in the hood trunck will push the back of the car like is supossed to be pushed!So expect performance beyond any imaginations!And if you wanna know what kind of power will have the new RS4 from 2009 i assure you that will put a turbocharger at the present V8 pushing it to the 480HP (the new C63 will have 450HP but RWD so even with it it couldn't beat on the racetrack the RS4 from the present)!HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

Audi will use no turbo's for a 30 hp power increase.
    If audi planning to use turbo's it will be for at least 70-100 hp.
    That mean for the new RS6 not less than 520 hp.
    And for the next generation RS4 not less than 490 hp.
    If Audi start using turbo's again on bigger engine's.

Hans.

A lot of RS owners though they all rate the RS4 the best RS model to date also dislike the fact that there is little routes open when it comes to tuning the car. The reason is not to gain an extra 30hp over what a N/A version of the engine could produce, it is to produce less stress on the engine (less state of tune) and to give more possibilities for increasing the power (RS6+ version). Anyway it's not a 30hp increase but a possible 115hp increase if the RS6 produces 550hp, remember the S6 what the RS6 will be based has 435hp.

Just think what the RS4 would have been like if it had of been turboed with 420hp but this time was 400ft/lbs of torque, no way would the M3 be able to live with that amount of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Anyway it's not a 30hp increase but a possible 115hp increase if the RS6 produces 550hp, remember the S6 what the RS6 will be based has 435hp.
    Yes but the same engine in the S8 have 450 hp.
    And after a chip upgrade 483 hp.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Yes but the same engine in the S8 have 450 hp.
    And after a chip upgrade 483 hp.

Hans.
    I understand that Hans, in the S8 the same engine produces 450hp, in the Gallardo 520hp, the point I was making is the RS6 is based on the S6 not the S8 or the Gallardo and as such if it produces 550hp it will have a 115hp increase.

The other point I was making is that to increase power in a N/A especially one that is in such a high state of tune like the RS4 is extremely expensive to do and makes the engine less reliable.

Also the chip that produces a 7% increase in the S8 will possibly produce a 20% increase if the car was turboed and for no extra cost. If both car's had 450hp standard that would equal a difference of 67hp and that's no even talking about what it would do the the torque. For me personally there is no substitute for turbos. And with new turbo technology like the ones in the 997TT the turbo effect (lag) is becoming less and less making the difference in the way the two engines perform also less of a problem from a handling point of view.

I think the RS4 motor, when it was developed, sacrificed possibly more top end power in favour of that flat torque curve over a wide rpm range. 100bhp/ is still good though. As for the RS6, the idea of a biturbo V10 just sounds kind of crazy to me, but it seems thats what it will get. The dawn of near-600 bhp saloons has come. Madness! Makes me wonder what the next M5 will get- a bored out V10? I dont see BMW going the biturbo V10 route.

Well also remember folks, who would have figured BMW to do a twin turbo 3 series, and keep the prices down as well. Much cheaper to turbo than to heavily tune the motor to make 300hp. That way, leaves a lot of room for the new M3.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

the new M3 will never be faster then the actual RS4 because of the technology used on the RS4 is way out from this world!Did anyone see how looks DRC in the trunk?I saw...they are 3 balls different sizes which perform a highly rotation besides the sporty suspension to not let the car to be instable in the big curves...so BMW sucks...because will never ever beat the RS4 with RWD....NEVER!And the other think i wanna say that the new RS6 will have twin turbo's for sure developing at least 560HP(not 550Hp) and the big surprize the 580HP...so i'm not kidding when i say that Audi is one step ahead to MB and BMW!An the other thing i need to say that i have a friend who has bought the new RS4 and he putted a mechanical compressor to it developing right now 580HP and 0-60m/h in 3,8s...and the engine DIDN'T SUFFER ANY DAMAGE because of the gallaries improvement and the pistons!So Audi is building the fastest sedan in the world on racetrack even the new RS6 is not yet released!Do not mess with Audi...i beat the crap of two M5's in the RS4 with my friend in Bucharest who has the car...so where is the advantages of the 87HP from BMW?Where is?NOWHERE...and the other think i wanna say is what u see on youtobe.com about the performance between the M5 and the RS4 is CRAP!The driver from RS4 do not know how to drive that car at maximum capacity because the RS4 is extremely fast 0-60m/h and is doing that in 4,13s not in 4,8 like in the magazines...I SAW WITH MY EYES DOING THAT WITH A SPECIAL MACHINE wich measure EXACTLY THE TIME THE CAR IS DOING 0-60 acceleration!BMW sucks...ugly design,extreme supraviration and extreme instability in the curves...against the S and RS cars from Audi!Look at the time made the RS4 on Nurbugring and then look at the time made by M5...2seconds faster is the RS4!

BMW sucks...ugly design,extreme supraviration and extreme instability in the curves
    i beat the crap of two M5's in the RS4 with my friend in Bucharest who has the car
    I have to disagree with you, bmw makes great cars (exept m6 and styling of course) they are known for building driver's cars.
    as for ur friend's rs4, u can't compare it with a stock m5, an m5 with the same compressor will absolutly fly...

Does this forum support polls? I would love to see how the numbers of people with inside information will line up on the turbo versus N/A question.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    the new M3 will never be faster then the actual RS4 because of the technology used on the RS4 is way out from this world!Did anyone see how looks DRC in the trunk?I saw...they are 3 balls different sizes which perform a highly rotation besides the sporty suspension to not let the car to be instable in the big curves...so BMW sucks...because will never ever beat the RS4 with RWD....NEVER!And the other think i wanna say that the new RS6 will have twin turbo's for sure developing at least 560HP(not 550Hp) and the big surprize the 580HP...so i'm not kidding when i say that Audi is one step ahead to MB and BMW!An the other thing i need to say that i have a friend who has bought the new RS4 and he putted a mechanical compressor to it developing right now 580HP and 0-60m/h in 3,8s...and the engine DIDN'T SUFFER ANY DAMAGE because of the gallaries improvement and the pistons!So Audi is building the fastest sedan in the world on racetrack even the new RS6 is not yet released!Do not mess with Audi...i beat the crap of two M5's in the RS4 with my friend in Bucharest who has the car...so where is the advantages of the 87HP from BMW?Where is?NOWHERE...and the other think i wanna say is what u see on youtobe.com about the performance between the M5 and the RS4 is CRAP!The driver from RS4 do not know how to drive that car at maximum capacity because the RS4 is extremely fast 0-60m/h and is doing that in 4,13s not in 4,8 like in the magazines...I SAW WITH MY EYES DOING THAT WITH A SPECIAL MACHINE wich measure EXACTLY THE TIME THE CAR IS DOING 0-60 acceleration!BMW sucks...ugly design,extreme supraviration and extreme instability in the curves...against the S and RS cars from Audi!Look at the time made the RS4 on Nurbugring and then look at the time made by M5...2seconds faster is the RS4!
    Sorry but I'm beginning to have a headache....
    S63TT

Sorry but I'm beginning to have a headache....
    +1, totaly agree

There is some our statements that ring true but not all. Sorry SuperstarDriver, but you need to hold back on your enthusiasm or maybe it's the language difference. I know your heart's in the right place but as you can see there is a lot of well informed guys on this forum who feel you at talking nonsense.
    Last edited by Leadfoot; January 2nd, 2007 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel king View Post
    Does this forum support polls? I would love to see how the numbers of people with inside information will line up on the turbo versus N/A question.

Yes it does. Here you go:
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10825