Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: NEW RS6 - What we've been waiting for!!!!!

RS6 this year at IAA?? thats too early - i would love to see it there, but audi has to sell some of their S6 before bringing out the next beast.

You seem to have visited Switzerland quite a few times already.. it is indeed a beautiful country. We have a view on the "Vierwaldstättersee" and it is amazing everyday, though the last weeks we had plenty of fog all the time, and ofcourse a lack of snow.
    I also think Switzerland is RS4 Avant / RS6 Avant homebase , I am seeing a few almost everyday.

Best regards
    LU-RS6
    Get out and drive

yes i have an article in the auto motor sport romania magazine taken from the mother magazine(AMS Germany) that says EXACTLY THAT RS6 will be launched at the Geneva in March with a twin-turbo V10 over 550HP!

Quote Originally Posted by BBGT2 View Post
    OK, I havent been here in awhile and as most know me as a person that loves his RS6's I have a question. I admit I havent read EVERY post here but quickly scanned thru most...
    What?!?!?!?!?

You mean you didn't take the time to read every post on this entire website first?!? This has already been discussed before and I can't take the time to answer your question but can take the time to type all this gibberish to make me look good and you not so much!

Only joking... I thought I was on AudiWorld...

Bajo ,

I'd be suprised if it does show by March, I think we may have to wait till September, but we only only have less than two months till Geneva, so we'll know soon.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

oh my god just 2months off...and we'll get the new RS6...i can't wait...i must make something to make the time go very easy until then...i'm very curious about how it gonna look first and then the engine performance...i need to say that if the new RS6 will get like the R8 and Q7V12 TDI LED Headlights i will be happiest man on earth...i love the LED brakes on the back of the S6 and love the 10 day lights on the front of it...very agressive machine i think!i just love to drive the A6 C6 and S6 of course, but the new RS6 will definetely kick me off...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    oh my god just 2months off...and we'll get the new RS6...
    I wouldn't get too excited yet...Just think that the RS6 comes in September, the more happy you will be if it does show in Geneva

Best regards
    LU-RS6
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    What?!?!?!?!?

You mean you didn't take the time to read every post on this entire website first?!? This has already been discussed before and I can't take the time to answer your question but can take the time to type all this gibberish to make me look good and you not so much!

Only joking... I thought I was on AudiWorld...

Bajo ,

I'd be suprised if it does show by March, I think we may have to wait till September, but we only only have less than two months till Geneva, so we'll know soon.

Ben

Ben !

You got me, but I did read most of the thread if not all.
    I got excited as people have already put down deposits, cant make up their mind on what color interior and here I am with NO information as to what the car looks like or the powerplant.
    I hope you have been good.

Thanks guys appreciate the info, I cant wait to see the real thing.
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

...cant make up their mind on what color interior and here I am with NO information as to what the car looks like or the powerplant.
    Some informants here are convinced it will get a facelift (ala RS 4) vs the current gen A6 as well as TTV10 580hp. These individuals have zero reason to lie and have a very credible background. I am expecting all they say to come true.

That said, I will be sticking with my MkI. No new RS 6 for me... but I'll be the first to congrat all that get the new Beast!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Ben,

Oh no I wasnt refering to anyone lying, i was just dumbstruck that people are already placing orders and no one has seen the car yet. Thats what I find odd.
    Hey good luck to all who have their orders in as I am sure Audi wont disappoint.
    Me I am sticking with my S8 for awhile, and want to get a 997GT2 if Porsche decided to bless us, if not it will be 996GT2 again for me.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

for me in this moment RS6 could be only a dream in the future cause i allready made an order for the S3...the new RS6 will be too expensive for me at this time but in the future i hope i will buy it...and those people actually order yet the new RS6 will not be dissapoitment at all so...let's hear and see great news about the new RS6!

So when we gonna see this RS6? Somebody's tellin about march, somebody about september? I can't wait for facts (not suppositions) concerning a power of a new beast. What do you think about W12 in RS6 :P I think it could be better then 5.2 from Gallardo. S8 gives 450KM, it's the same power like in A8 W12. S8 is a sport version and can't manage with a limousine W12.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So when we gonna see this RS6? Somebody's tellin about march, somebody about september? I can't wait for facts (not suppositions) concerning a power of a new beast. What do you think about W12 in RS6 :P I think it could be better then 5.2 from Gallardo. S8 gives 450KM, it's the same power like in A8 W12. S8 is a sport version and can't manage with a limousine W12.
    To get more power from W12 they would have to turbocharge it(as in Bentley),that would be impossible in the engine bay of A6.
    They already have a hard time fitting V10 with turbos in that car and besides,W12 would make that car too much front heavy,so it's not a good direction.
    S63TT

Ben,

Oh no I wasnt refering to anyone lying, i was just dumbstruck that people are already placing orders and no one has seen the car yet.

Bajo
    Some of the members here are very well connected to quattro GmbH, it's just that they wish to remain incognito... but rest assured, their targets of facelift, TTV10 580hp, will come to light. No DSG though, slight bummer, but should be one heck of a Beast, the wait will soon be over.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

No RS6 coming out next year

I just spoke with an AUDI USA regional sales manager who said there are no plans to come out with an RS6 next year. Is there any reason he wouldnt tell me if one were coming out or any reason why audi wouldnt tell their sales managers.

Quote Originally Posted by jreedz View Post
    I just spoke with an AUDI USA regional sales manager who said there are no plans to come out with an RS6 next year. Is there any reason he wouldnt tell me if one were coming out or any reason why audi wouldnt tell their sales managers.
    I was at the dealer today and they were surprised when I tried to order the new SATNAV map for 2007 on DVD. They said its not out yet. I just said OK thanks - I'll get it on ebay and save you the bother of taking $400 off of me.

The sales divisions are usually the last the know anything as the world is at the moment - at least as far as I can tell from reports across Europe.

If the RS6 will be available from 2008 in Europe, I would expect it in USA in 2009 due to different bumper regulations, emissions, and so on. For some odd reason you don't get the bucket seats or steering wheel in the RS4 for example - I'd imagine the RS6 will have similar issues.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by jreedz View Post
    The car might be introduced late this year as a final product at a Auto show, but don't expect the RS6 until it is a 2009 MY.
    "A FOND"

That "superstar...etc" poster, sure has made it hard for a "lurker" like me to read through these informative posts.....seriously, my brain hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    If the RS6 will be available from 2008 in Europe, I would expect it in USA in 2009 due to different bumper regulations, emissions, and so on. For some odd reason you don't get the bucket seats or steering wheel in the RS4 for example - I'd imagine the RS6 will have similar issues.
    it's a well-known story to do with compliance to regulations, and particularly the requirement for a number of specific crash tests. the other issue is cost. audi, for some reason, believes that you 'mericans are more important than those of us in the row, and give you much sharper prices. because of that, you do without some of the other features which those of us who pay top $ get. we also get the cars earlier than you.... ;-)
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi