Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: NEW RS6 - What we've been waiting for!!!!!

porsche now own 27.7% of vwag, with the ok to take the holding to 29.9%( the limit before a full takeover is compulsory).

porsche "consultants" are already arranging tours of vwag factories to advise on productivity and other improvements. they are thought to be relaying the lessons learned by porsche from toyota in the '80's...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    PAG=PORSCHE AUDI GROUP!RS4 it will handwell much better then the new M3...the DRC System works very very precise and i was amazed what you can do with that car!M3 is a shittie RWD car...the only car makers in the world who actually know how to made a quite efficient and sport RWD system are Porsche,Ferrari,Aston Martin and MB...that's it!
    How could you put Merc ahead of BMW for making the best rwd cars.:trash: I mightn't like BMW cars but I can't deny that they make one of the best rwd cars in the world, especially the CSL which is quite possibly one of the top ten rwd cars of all time. Not something that can be said about any Merc including the SLR.

You either like rwd or you don't, me I like it on the track when it can be used to the full and enjoyed but show it some rain or snow and then it 50/50 weight balance is a total nightmare.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by noushy View Post
    In superstar's defense (difficult to btw), Porsche does have a 20% ownership in VAG, but I do not know of the group having a new name. I think he is just a little over enthusiastic, and I would try to keep the flaming down a bit.
    Peace,
    Noushy
    I offer my apologies to superstar.
    After re-reading my own post, It does come across as a bit harsh. To cause offence was certainly not my intention.

to Lateknight

I knew porsche owned more now, initially they purchased 20% and then started buying more. The problem is now if they purchase any more they have to make a takeover document (something to do with german law). As for the flaming, peace to you knight, I think we all want to chime in and also contribute. I still write on this forum because I consider most of you guys friends, and we have a lot of common interests. Some of the guys really pitch in a lot (ben, leadfoot, aronis, etc.) and they are the leaders of our forums. The rest of us mostly read with enthusiasm, and voice our personal experiences.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

noushy,

Thanks mate, I hope my gibberish keep you all entertained.

See I can still appreciate a well engineered product. One things for sure, the arrival of the A5 and M3 will keep the debates on this forum going for the next 5 years.

That's if you're still up to it Erik.

i have a question for you all...what is the best and most advanced sport traction?!is it quattor or RWD?i know the answer but you know?i wait for your answers...
    AUDI A.G. another brand that i know it but the information about the new brand PAG(PORSCHE AUDI GROUP) is from the chief manager of Porsche Bucuresti Vest (Romania)...who told me (before i finish the statment about the new name of the family PAG as i heard from) he told me that NOW for SURE ...the new brand name is called...PORSCHE AUDI GROUP (and AUDI and PORSCHE will colaborate very soon at many many cars)...and he was telling me that the information about the changing name of the whole brand of family was the idea of Porsche and VW when the payment was done!I'm not kidding...and by the way...yes i have a big passion for Audi and i'm DEEPLY AGAINST ALL BMW cars...ALL OF THEM...i drove some of them and i was desgusted how they look and drive at the limit...and believe me guys i know that i can handle very well an RWD car but those car are the type of car that are made ONLY FOR SHOW OFF...scartttttt non stoply...i hate that...BMW's are for stupid people who actually wanna impressed the other part of stupid people(including girls) who can't afford an BMW...sorry for my statement if one of my words hurt someone's feeling...but my point is the truth we all see...and the engines...oh my GOD the engines...rubish...did anyone heard how sounds a BMW M5 and M6 at low rpm when the car is not moving?Clarkson explained...brrrrrrr...like a little TDI engine...yacccc....and BMW sound of the engines are upp like a medium tone not down like a BIG BASS for our ears like an Audi S/RS or other petrol engine made by Audi...their sound are great...full of angryness, power...R8 sounds LIKE NO OTHER CAR ON THIS PLANET(Clarkson said about it last weeks)...it even sounds better than Lamborghini Murcielago LP640(who has a sound like an airplane takeoff...yes it does...no hard feeling but Audi really really knows to built the highest performance sporstcars...

I think its almost impossible to say that one of the traction methods (RWD, AWD, FWD) is better than any other, each has its place although I doubt there is a high-performance FWD vehicle.
    AWD (including quattro) suffers from additional weight and power-loss through the additional differentials. We can easily see this in 0-60 and 0-100 times where RWD tends to win out (with equivelant HP). RWD also seems to have an advantage at the very highest limits of suspension tuning and I'm talking racetrack stuff here.

Now when you get to the more typical application of motor vehicle use, which is probably what 95% of us do in this forum, the quattro/AWD is the perfect match. If the quattro system can get a fully variable center differential, it would then be perfect as the power-bias could shift more forward when exiting corners etc. In slippery surfaces (from off-road gravel to that "just after the rain" slick) nothing can beat it.

All that said, there are probably professional drivers out there who could take one of the power delivery types and turn our expectations around completely (I think it would be great for someone to do a quick time in a 2.0T FWD A4 against a 2.0T AWD A4)

Personally for me, I'm now tending to enjoy the quattro/AWD experience more and more. When I was younger, power-sliding the back end mid-way in a corner was fun. Then I did some minor FWD racing in Fiats and learned more about control and smooth delivery of the power. Now the quattro/AWD brings all that together for me. Perhaps you'll like something different. In any way you drive, enjoy it, else the only people happy with your vehicle purchase will be the auto company.

i have a question for you all...what is the best and most advanced sport traction?!is it quattor or RWD?i know the answer but you know?i wait for your answers...
    AUDI A.G. another brand that i know it but the information about the new brand PAG(PORSCHE AUDI GROUP) is from the chief manager of Porsche Bucuresti Vest (Romania)...who told me (before i finish the statment about the new name of the family PAG as i heard from) he told me that NOW for SURE ...the new brand name is called...PORSCHE AUDI GROUP (and AUDI and PORSCHE will colaborate very soon at many many cars)...and he was telling me that the information about the changing name of the whole brand of family was the idea of Porsche and VW when the payment was done!I'm not kidding...and by the way...yes i have a big passion for Audi and i'm DEEPLY AGAINST ALL BMW cars...ALL OF THEM...i drove some of them and i was desgusted how they look and drive at the limit...and believe me guys i know that i can handle very well an RWD car but those car are the type of car that are made ONLY FOR SHOW OFF...scartttttt non stoply...i hate that...BMW's are for stupid people who actually wanna impressed the other part of stupid people(including girls) who can't afford an BMW...sorry for my statement if one of my words hurt someone's feeling...but my point is the truth we all see...and the engines...oh my GOD the engines...rubish...did anyone heard how sounds a BMW M5 and M6 at low rpm when the car is not moving?Clarkson explained...brrrrrrr...like a little TDI engine...yacccc....and BMW sound of the engines are upp like a medium tone not down like a BIG BASS for our ears like an Audi S/RS or other petrol engine made by Audi...their sound are great...full of angryness, power...R8 sounds LIKE NO OTHER CAR ON THIS PLANET(Clarkson said about it last weeks)...it even sounds better than Lamborghini Murcielago LP640(who has a sound like an airplane takeoff...yes it does...no hard feeling but Audi really really knows to built the highest performance sporstcars...
    You went too far and your statements about BMW are totally false and prove you don't really have any credibility.
    Sorry,no longer interested in reading your gibberish......
    S63TT

paulhiggs,

The perfect AWD system you are looking for is already out here, call the Nissan GT-R, but to be truthly even the system in the EVO is more advanced from a balanced chassis/transmission point of view than the Quattro.

Now when it comes to total grip on slippery conditions I would still rate the Quattro best for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    How could you put Merc ahead of BMW for making the best rwd cars.:trash: I mightn't like BMW cars but I can't deny that they make one of the best rwd cars in the world, especially the CSL which is quite possibly one of the top ten rwd cars of all time. Not something that can be said about any Merc including the SLR.

You either like rwd or you don't, me I like it on the track when it can be used to the full and enjoyed but show it some rain or snow and then it 50/50 weight balance is a total nightmare.
    Agree. While I am not a BMW fan, they do have one of the best rear wheel drive setups on the M3.

On a side note, my friend just put down on a 335 this weekend. He will be taking delivery in March. The sales director (who is best friends with George's father) told him that in March he will be able to order the 335 XI (I think its call xi or xic, not sure). He also told him that the new M3 will come with a 4.0L 408 hp V8. Dont know how acccurate that information is but it could be true.

awd is the best setup in all conditions. having traction demands able to be met across all 4 contact patches rather than just 2 is always an advantage. in all conditions.

which is why it is banned in all formula race series around the world, as well as in most other racing series. the last time, to my knowledge that head-to-head racing was possible between the different technologies was in the dtm circa '92-95 (possibly the most technology-advanced saloon racing cars of all time), and the touring car series of the same era. awd dominated, and was then banned.
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

It more likely to be Nissans ATTESA E-TS.

You need to take the blinkers off.

I understand your enthusiasm for Audi (who wouldn't), but your slagging off BMW like you've got a serious grudge.
    By any chance have you BEEN BLOWN OFF BY A BMW RECENTLY ? (been overtaken by one)

You need to take a chill on the subject I think we all get that you dont like BMWs now.

By the way how many BMWs have you driven ? Probably none would be my guess. (I await the reply of "OVER 50" with baited breath)

Knight, I have to agree. I am not sure what all the hatred about BMW is about either. I love my M6, and believe me when I say it will smoke the RS6 stock on any road or freeway (assuming the weather is good). Now that is not saying the M6 is better than the RS6, just a different kind of beast.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

Noushy
    Thats what 50 odd extra horses will do for you.

I even personally prefer the BMs V10 noise over the RS6s (and thats saying something). Lambos V10 is just as riotous.
    Who enjoys an engine at idle ?? Acceleration under load is where an engine gives me goosebumps.

One question though : why the M6 over an M5 ?

Over in the UK there is an equivalent price difference of about $35,000 (u.s) in the M5 favour.

OK, I havent been here in awhile and as most know me as a person that loves his RS6's I have a question. I admit I havent read EVERY post here but quickly scanned thru most, is everyone predicting that an RS6 will be shown at Geneva this March?
    And that it will be for sale as of late this year in Europe, does that mean that it will be shortly thereafter be ready for sale in the ROW market early 2008?
    If that is true I for one would be truly amazed at Audi and it ability to deliver an RS6 THAT quick. I hope they do.

Bajo

PS. Erik I still cant change my avatar, HELP please
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by BBGT2 View Post
    OK, I havent been here in awhile and as most know me as a person that loves his RS6's I have a question. I admit I havent read EVERY post here but quickly scanned thru most, is everyone predicting that an RS6 will be shown at Geneva this March?
    And that it will be for sale as of late this year in Europe, does that mean that it will be shortly thereafter be ready for sale in the ROW market early 2008?
    If that is true I for one would be truly amazed at Audi and it ability to deliver an RS6 THAT quick. I hope they do.

Bajo

PS. Erik I still cant change my avatar, HELP please

RS6- at IAA in september of 2007. A5 (and possibly S5) in geneva and maybe TT-S
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Does anyone actually have an official article from audi that the RS6 will soon be launched? Only thing I have heard/read are rumours stating that they would turbo the S6 V10, which is the most logic but also obvious thing to think. I'd love to see some kind of an official statement.

Best regards
    LU-RS6
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    Does anyone actually have an official article from audi that the RS6 will soon be launched? Only thing I have heard/read are rumours stating that they would turbo the S6 V10, which is the most logic but also obvious thing to think. I'd love to see some kind of an official statement.

Best regards
    LU-RS6
    nothing official. just what a few of us have "heard".

btw- how is switzerland these days? i love it. aaaaaaaah... the hills of lausanne, the views of the lake from geneva, and eating at confisserie sprungli in zurich....................
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10