PDA

View Full Version : R8 Homestretch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RXBG
September 13th, 2006, 17:47
ok gentlemen.

less than 2 weeks :wo:

expect the following.

1. about 440 hp

2. 2 seater

3. manual

4. 19" wheels with 20"+ option

5. unique differential

6. about 3250lbs

7. a little bird told me that the car goes into production sept 30th. in September 1906, the first original "Neckarsulmer Motorwagen" left the NSU Factory. 10HP! this means that this month they are celebrating the 100 Years of NSU Factory with the official Production start of the R8, September 30th- in the new Production Plant. this is history in the making.

:0:

AndyBG
September 13th, 2006, 18:32
Originally posted by RXBG
...3. manual...

I think it's that new 7 speed...??? :confused:

Damienr8
September 13th, 2006, 19:59
ok gentlemen.

less than 2 weeks :wo:

expect the following.

1. about 440 hp

2. 2 seater

3. manual

4. 19" wheels with 20"+ option

5. unique differential

6. about 3250lbs

7. a little bird told me that the car goes into production sept 30th. in September 1906, the first original "Neckarsulmer Motorwagen" left the NSU Factory. 10HP! this means that this month they are celebrating the 100 Years of NSU Factory with the official Production start of the R8, September 30th- in the new Production Plant. this is history in the making.

:0:

I hope your weight and HP predictions are accurate. A 440HP, 3250 lb machine will run laps around its competition!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

:wo: I can't wait !!!!!! BTW RXBG, I noticed that the R8 will be incorporating the lower daytime running led's (12 of them) as seen in the R10. I think it will look spectacular on the production R8!!! I would take mine in Gunmetal Metallic Gray w/ Metallic Silver Side Panel (If those color options were realistic)!!!!!

RXBG
September 14th, 2006, 02:43
that color combo sounds insanely sexy...........:D

MR USER
September 14th, 2006, 07:29
If the converter works well that is about 1470 kg
some 200 short the RS4 with 20 hp more....

Onestly I was hoping it would be in the range of 1200 kg.... with the same hp (at least with the lighter aluminum V8). After all is two seats and one boot short his RS little sister!

I really hope the weight figure is wrong!!!

Leadfoot
September 14th, 2006, 13:15
Originally posted by MR USER
If the converter works well that is about 1470 kg
some 200 short the RS4 with 20 hp more....

Onestly I was hoping it would be in the range of 1200 kg.... with the same hp (at least with the lighter aluminum V8). After all is two seats and one boot short his RS little sister!

I really hope the weight figure is wrong!!!

With that weight advantage, the R8 will knock almost half a second off it's 0-60mph time and as the speed increases this gap will increase even more because of the smaller frontal area for wind resistance. I would be surprised to see it 1.5 seconds quicker to 100mph and 6 seconds quicker by 150mph.:thumb:

Benman
September 14th, 2006, 21:10
Originally posted by MR USER

Onestly I was hoping it would be in the range of 1200 kg...
That is too unrealistic. Even the ONE MILLION DOLLAR McLaren weighed 1100kg (the original goal was 1000kg, but that never happened). So an increase of 100kg from the Macca to the @$100K USD R8 is just too outrageous. There's a reason why cars like Pagani, Saleen, Koni cost so much.;)

Ben:addict:

RXBG
September 15th, 2006, 02:01
lets hope the weight is less. but benman professes a reasonable truth. 3250 would be nothing to sneer at.

personally it would be the TT i always wanted (how i miss mine). a TT that develops 440 or so horses. i can't imagine it. and the most beautiful thing about it is its beauty......

the R8 will have NOTHING to envy when its next to an F430.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Julz RS4
September 15th, 2006, 06:33
Thaks RXBG for these infos. :thumb:

I heard from german sources the launch car will be the N/A V8 FSI 4.2L 440hp version (20hp more than B7 RS4).

+ Magnetic ride system
+ Bi-xenon headlamps with 12 side LEDs
+ Start button like in the B7 RS4
+ Dry sump oil system
+ Short sport exhaust system
+ two tone color will be an option
+ 19'' wheels : 235 front / 295 rear
+ Aluminium body (Audi Space Frame ASF technology)

RXBG
September 15th, 2006, 15:34
M6 7.81 lbs/hp (3909 lbs USA)

RS4 8.9 lbs/hp (assuming 3800 lbs or so..........)

R8 7.38 lbs/hp (if 3250 lbs)

:hahahehe:

Damienr8
September 15th, 2006, 16:36
M6 7.81 lbs/hp (3909 lbs USA)

RS4 8.9 lbs/hp (assuming 3800 lbs or so..........)

R8 7.38 lbs/hp (if 3250 lbs)

:hahahehe:

OMG its like 600 lbs lighter. Imaging the performance figures :bigeyes: :hihi:

Qisha
September 15th, 2006, 16:47
Dear Friends,

~7.20 lbs./HP or ~3.27 kg/PS

RXBG
September 15th, 2006, 16:56
i almost had a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wo: :wo: :wo: :wo:

RXBG
September 15th, 2006, 17:08
the gallardo- 6.06 lbs/hp (3153 lbs and 520 hp)

the new 911 turbo- 7.27 (3494 lbs and 480 hp)

how is i that the gallardo can do no better (that i have found) than 4.0 secs to 60?

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2006, 17:27
Originally posted by Qisha
Dear Friends,

~7.20 lbs./HP or ~3.27 kg/PS

How does this compare with a Gallardo?

Qisha, a TT 3.2L is 3102lbs in weight, now if the R8 has 440hp this 7.20lbs/HP you are quoting put it as light if not lighter than the TT. Surely this must be impossible as every major mechanical item eg. engine, transmission, suspension, etc. are all heavier than those in the TT. The wheels are also a lot bigger and there for should also be heavier, I can't see how any of this will be possible at the R8's price.

I am really struggling with all of this. :brag: But if this is correct than how does this compare with a Gallardo?

RXBG
September 15th, 2006, 17:42
it is very possible. you did not take into account the body panels and the basic structure of the car. further more, the very mechanicals , such as the suspension may be very different structurally ( t is rumored that it will have a double wishbone suspension vs multilink).

if the panels, whether they are dimensionally bigger or smaller than a TT's, are made of aluminum or composites and the suspension is made of a superior alloy the car can INDEED weigh as little as that, despite the larger and heavier engine. remember that there are V6s that can weigh more than v8s.

how does all this compare to a gallardo? well, apart from the R8 being immensely better looking than the ugly gallardo ;) it is said that the car drives unbelievably better, handles just as well, and can be driven everyday...........and is infinitely better looking inside than the gallardo.

Damienr8
September 15th, 2006, 18:03
it is very possible. you did not take into account the body panels and the basic structure of the car. further more, the very mechanicals , such as the suspension may be very different structurally ( t is rumored that it will have a double wishbone suspension vs multilink).

if the panels, whether they are dimensionally bigger or smaller than a TT's, are made of aluminum or composites and the suspension is made of a superior alloy the car can INDEED weigh as little as that, despite the larger and heavier engine. remember that there are V6s that can weigh more than v8s.

how does all this compare to a gallardo? well, apart from the R8 being immensely better looking than the ugly gallardo ;) it is said that the car drives unbelievably better, handles just as well, and can be driven everyday...........and is infinitely better looking inside than the gallardo.

I think the R8 will be the SEXIEST looking car, next to the Aston Martin V8.

7.20 lb/hp HOLY SHI.....

I can't wait. I am expecting to die when the car is revealed.

Mr Balsen
September 15th, 2006, 18:09
Originally posted by Damienr8
I think the R8 will be the SEXIEST looking car, next to the Aston Martin V8.

7.20 lb/hp HOLY SHI.....

I can't wait. I am expecting to die when the car is revealed.

Well, I hope it will not be too painfull ! ! ! !

Cheers,
Frederic

Leadfoot
September 15th, 2006, 20:06

Listen guys, I like nothing more than keeping the faith, but until I see in black and white so to speak, I will be a little skeptical, either way the car will be amazing.

Benman
September 15th, 2006, 22:02
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
Well, I hope it will not be too painfull ! ! ! !

Cheers,
Frederic

:applause:

Death by orgasm, now that would be the way to go.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

chewym
September 17th, 2006, 02:19
i almost had a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wo: :wo: :wo: :wo:

Most Gallardos tested were without launch control. R&D got the latest (520 hp) convetible 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. The R8 will definately be right at or below 4 seconds. The RS4 with a bit less power and almost 800 pounds more weight (American mag test weight/ European Audi numbers the difference is down to about 500) does it in 4.3-4.6.

Qisha
September 18th, 2006, 13:13
Dear Friends,

wanted to upload some new R8 Pics but the Gallery has been hacked. :(

Erik
September 18th, 2006, 13:23
Originally posted by Qisha
wanted to upload some new R8 Pics but the Gallery has been hacked. :(

I'm on it.

E-mail me the pics. Thanks!