PDA

View Full Version : Cross drilled rotors!!!!!!!

Al Delemo
April 8th, 2003, 06:02
There will be NO cross drilled rotor option available to US bound RS-6's. It was confirmed by my salesman who asked the question in Arizona. Let's see now! After market brakes, seats, 19"wheels, tires, Nav system, did I forget something? Thats a lot of after market for 90 big.

Al
02 A-6 4.2Q
98 A-4 2.8Q
90 928 S-4

jimmy94507
April 8th, 2003, 16:58
See the Thread below titled:
US Standard Features for the RS 6

john hulbrock
April 9th, 2003, 01:42
Al
My dealer confirmed that the cross drilled rotors will be standard in the US versions as per his intro. in Arizona. I will try to confirm this ASAP .
John

Al Delemo
April 9th, 2003, 02:29
John,
Check out these pics from the 2003 Detroit Auto Show. Audi has gradually removed 7 or 8 options from the original options list and or the European available options. Some way to treat a customer or keep a customer. I wonder whats next?
Al

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=641&papass=&sort=1&thecat=554

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=640&papass=&sort=1&thecat=554

BBGT2
April 9th, 2003, 14:37
Al,

I have asked my dealer and as of yet he has CONFIRMED, we are getting drilled rotor disc and aluminum for the side mirors.
If he's lying he'sa dying.LOL:D

PS.

Whatever the brakes Iknow they are gonna be better than the ones that came stock on my 94 UrS4, if I had a dime for everytime I glowed those rotors.LOL

Bajo :addict:

Benman
April 10th, 2003, 01:00
Al,

those pics definately show no drilled, but the U.S. spec sheet IS
showing that the car will come standard with drilled. my salesman
is also saying the same thing but then you NEVER know for sure.
:cheers:

ben:addict:

jfrocke
April 10th, 2003, 01:03
What spec sheet is showing the drilled discs?

Benman
April 10th, 2003, 02:09
this one

http://www.audiusa.com/common/myaudiManualsPdf/RS6_specifications.pdf

look at the top of page 3 :cheers:

jfrocke
April 10th, 2003, 02:25
IMHO...

"Ventilated" discs does not mean the same thing as "drilled" discs to me. Ventilated discs only indicates that the discs have the central venting vanes.

Benman
April 10th, 2003, 02:26
true, true...

but it will serve a similar function (without the cool looks).

Erik
April 10th, 2003, 09:37
Don't worry about the drilled discs. They do little to improve the braking I've discovered.

Go for Movits if you want the real thing. I don't think the disc is the biggest problem, I think it's the construction of the caliper and the brake pad area.

Finnus
April 11th, 2003, 00:29
Al,

It seems that all you do when you post info here is complain about Audi - what gives? For example ...

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=926

"We as Americans are 2nd rate consumers to Audi. We don't get half the options available in Europe i.e. 19" wheels, center console NAV w/DVD, Recaro's, a spare tire and a number of other codes n/a in North America. I have a 02 A-6 4.2 and it drifts to the right all the time! They can't correct it, I actually have to lower the air pressure in the front left tire 3 lbs. to get it to track straight. The front window motors (both) have been replaced twice because they bind and squeek. The OEM tires (Conti's) shake a little at 50mph, they have been balanced 4 times since I've picked up the car. WE DON"T GET WHAT THE EUROPEANS GET. I'm taking my $ 90,000.00 to my Porsche dealer."

Why all the bitterness & negativity? ... Especially when you've already decided not to buy the car ...

Finnus

:addict: :addict:

Benman
April 11th, 2003, 02:24
after all, nobody is MAKING you buy the car.:cheers:

BBGT2
April 11th, 2003, 05:04
Come on Al, you know you what the car you know you do LOL.
Did those M5 guys sent you over here to bash our lil precious RS6, Because no matter how much you bash the RS 6 I dont think anyone who has theirs on order will change their mind:D

Lighten up and go buy yourself that Porsche you want and smile.

Peace to all,

Bajo :addict:

The day is coming soon, very soon:cheers: