PDA

View Full Version : ride heights

cally
September 10th, 2006, 06:52
i would like to know are there any suspension kits for the RS4 because i saw lots of pic that are in different ride heights some seems like lower and some are like higher

some wheels are closer to the side bumper

Fab
September 10th, 2006, 09:47
well it is normal as you have 2 suspensions set up for the RS i.e. standard and SS plus (lower by 1 cm).

Then you have to be carefull with showroom pics as cars are "fixed" in order not to be moved during the show. The way the cars are fixed makes the ride much higher which is not the real heigts.

My old S4 biturbo with ABT springs was lower than my current RS4 avant with SS plus. This is partly due to the 19" rims. But to me the RS4 with SS plus is just perfect looking, not to low but looks great and you don't have to worry on any parking entrance...

MR USER
September 11th, 2006, 06:46
Fab, I see love in your eyes when you talk about your baby.....

Have you had the chance to go to 8000 yet? By the way you should try to hear the car after is really hot when in tunnels you accelerate hard and the revs go above 6000 rmp.... It sounds like you have a ducati behind you!

Fab
September 11th, 2006, 07:36
Hey Mr. :thumb:

I hope you are doing well...

Actually it is my dilemma as I just reach the 2000km mark. I am wondering wether or not starting to floor fully (never done so far) and go to the magic level of 8000rpm :confused:

Doing it is just online with Audi brochure. But some people recommended me to continue to break in progressively until 3000km. :confused:

But I think I'll go for the Ducati any time soon :D :D

:bye:

MR USER
September 11th, 2006, 14:17
I did not wait more than 1500 km....
Out of my experience is not worth to do so.
I took care that the oil level was always perfect, I made sure that the engine and other fluids were nicely warmed.... (at least running for 30-40 km before starting to push).
After 6000 km I did a filter and oil change to clean up the whole system...
I noticed a substantial power increase since I got her. moreover after going above 10000 km I notices I have more revs on my powerband (limiter kiks in later - rev meter wise) and I have a very strong powerkick after 5600 rpm.

The down side is that my rubber is gone!!! I was hoping I could get the winters on directly but i'm afraid I will not make it!

Long live the RS4:rs4kiss: :rs4kiss:

Fab
September 11th, 2006, 14:30
Sounds very good :thumb: and I will definitely go for the filter and oil change around 5000-6000km.

Your comments seems to prove that the ECU progressively releases full power after a certain mileage. This can be part of the explanation behind the famous "power lag" of the RS4 V8. This engine needs a long time before pulling like hell :king:

At the end of the day it is like a baby : gets educated, grows up and then express itself fully :D :D :D :D

OK I stop here :trash:

QuattroFun
September 11th, 2006, 22:35
Quit eright - my car now has close to 15000km behind it and the the car is shaping out to be a real animal in 2nd gear when you keep revs at above 300rpm. Rock and roll!

PS! Fab, once you have reached 2000km you really should start to do short wide open throttle openings and regularly (but not all the time yet, of course) whip the engine to the limiter in short runs to ensure than the engine settles nicely.

Bauer
September 12th, 2006, 06:09
Originally posted by cally
i would like to know are there any suspension kits for the RS4 because i saw lots of pic that are in different ride heights some seems like lower and some are like higher

some wheels are closer to the side bumper

Here is what I recommend.

http://www.euro-audi-parts.com/Stasis/rs4ohlins1024d.jpg

http://www.euro-audi-parts.com/Stasis/rs4ohlins1024e.jpg

http://images15.fotki.com/v263/photos/6/673844/2561375/stasissusrs604annivmedicino009-vi.jpg?1137886030

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/18935.phtml (http://)

http://www.stasisengineering.com/Category_Detail.aspx?id=4&YR=2006&MK=Audi&EN=54&PID=90

I have them on my S4 and they are the best modification I have on a car with extensive improvements. On the B6/B7 chassis I hear they are pure magic.

If you have questions call Jason or Alex at 707 935 9700 x119 or x123

Cheers,

Fab
September 12th, 2006, 07:24
the height looks slightly lower than SS+

very nice though :thumb: I like the color :D

Fab
September 12th, 2006, 07:28
Originally posted by QuattroFun
Quit eright - my car now has close to 15000km behind it and the the car is shaping out to be a real animal in 2nd gear when you keep revs at above 300rpm. Rock and roll!

PS! Fab, once you have reached 2000km you really should start to do short wide open throttle openings and regularly (but not all the time yet, of course) whip the engine to the limiter in short runs to ensure than the engine settles nicely. I opened full throttle up to 7000rpm a few time yesterday going back home. The car pulls nicely but I expect it to do much better over time as you guys (high mileage) are confirming.

Baby is growing slowly :D

cally
September 14th, 2006, 16:03
Cool, thats the ride heights that i think i saw in the Hong Kong Audi showroom. can i have more information for that suspension if you have thx..

And i would like to know when will the RS4 + comin out??

Bauer
September 14th, 2006, 19:14
If you go to www.stasisengineering.com and it will be there under the B7 S4 since they are the same chassis.

dxben
September 16th, 2006, 02:25
Originally posted by cally
Cool, thats the ride heights that i think i saw in the Hong Kong Audi showroom. can i have more information for that suspension if you have thx..

And i would like to know when will the RS4 + comin out??

The RS4+ is nothing but an Internet myth at this point. I am not aware of anyone from Audi even confirming this off the record.

Consider this as well, historically the RS models have always been released at the end of a platform lifecycle, in this case the B7. It's highly unlikely that trend would be broken now. Audi has the R8, the RS6 (2010), the S6/S8 and the new A5/A7 to worry about.

I just don't think this supposed RS4+ is going to happen.

If you want an RS4+, get an RS4, give it a full exhaust, intake and chip when it becomes available, and then put on a custom suspension and ceramic brakes (shaves 45lbs of unsprung weight) and forged wheels.

Voila, the RS4+ :)

Fab
September 16th, 2006, 08:09
:D :thumb: :rs4kiss: