PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Avant Misano/Black Black optics - any pics?

Mori
September 10th, 2006, 00:44
Hi everyone,

I'm new but I've been reading this board for quite a while now - migrated from VWVortex.

Anyway - I've got an RS4 Avant on order, Misano with black optics, 19's, ceramics, solar roof - pretty much fully speced inside and out.

And here come the questions:

1. Could someone post a Misano Avant with black optics? Still not sure if I went for the right colour combo.

2. What tires should I expect the car to come on?

3. Since I'll be taking delivery in the winter I need to know what winter tire sizes are recommended by the manual - same 255/35/19 or narrower (225?)? Since I'll have ceramics I need to go with 19".

4. I'll need to purchase a set of rims for the winter but I was considering using the stock rims for the winter and going for Kahn's for the summer, perhaps in 20".

http://www.insidercars.com/pix/files/P1010759.jpg

5. Does BBS make CH's that will fit the RS4? Preferably 9.5" wide?

6. Is there any safe and sure way to adapt a set of Carrera S wheels to the RS4? (The standard CarreraS 19's with the blacked out center and polished rim.)

7. Will the tyre pressure sensors work in third-party rims such as Kahn's or BBS' or do I have to go with Audi rims?

Oh - can someone direct me to a set of running-in instructions for the RS4? Just curious as to what they suggest to do, at what revs etc.

Cheers and I don't know how I'll part with my beloved S3. :(

http://www.tess.pl/audisport/gallery/content/Streetracing/Wroclaw%202003.10.12/x107_0760.jpg

Mori
September 10th, 2006, 03:56
Not editting so as not to clutter up but I just remembered:

a. What tires are on the Sporty Tire thingy option - the german website says they are for track use so I gather that something like Pzero Corsa's will not exactly work very well in everyday driving especially in the wet?

A little photoshop of what I meant by those Carrera S wheels:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5747/rs4andporschewheelsvm5.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rs4andporschewheelsvm5.jpg)

IulianUM
September 10th, 2006, 18:39
Wellcome and congrats for your order , the worst now is the wait .:p

Have you chosen the normal or Sport suspension ?

:rs4addict

Mori
September 10th, 2006, 21:27
Originally posted by IulianUM
Wellcome and congrats for your order , the worst now is the wait .:p

Have you chosen the normal or Sport suspension ?

:rs4addict

Thanks. :rs4addict

SS+ of course. :incar: :rs4kiss:

Kinda hoped for at least some answers to my questions too. :D

MR USER
September 11th, 2006, 06:52
I would suggest you change the solar roof....
I had it on my previous car and is really not nice.
First of all the inside cover cannot be removed, from inside is like having the normal roof. Then it moves air but it does not cool the air at all.

On mine I put the normal one and I like it much more than the old one!!!

Mori
September 11th, 2006, 08:03
Originally posted by MR USER
I would suggest you change the solar roof....
I had it on my previous car and is really not nice.
First of all the inside cover cannot be removed, from inside is like having the normal roof. Then it moves air but it does not cool the air at all.

On mine I put the normal one and I like it much more than the old one!!!

I heard that it can cool a car in the summer eg. from 35 to 25 degrees. So this is not true?

eressvier
September 11th, 2006, 10:42
Hi Mori,

there's some smaller pics of an RS4 like your's in the German
forum www.motor-talk.de.
You might have to register to see the pics(free).

This is the thread... (http://www.motor-talk.de/t1183951/f306/s/thread.html)

Rainer

MR USER
September 11th, 2006, 13:48
[QUOTE]I heard that it can cool a car in the summer eg. from 35 to 25 degrees. So this is not true?

It's only recirculationg the air present in the car without any additional cooling.... is like turning on the fan in an hoven..... no help!!! it feels slightly less hot due to air circulating but you will still have the sauna feeling if the car is black with black interior and left for cuple hours under the mediterranian sun.... to to mention the aluminium gearknob!!! that reaches earthcore like temperatures

Mori
September 11th, 2006, 18:56
[QUOTE]I heard that it can cool a car in the summer eg. from 35 to 25 degrees. So this is not true?

It's only recirculationg the air present in the car without any additional cooling.... is like turning on the fan in an hoven..... no help!!! it feels slightly less hot due to air circulating but you will still have the sauna feeling if the car is black with black interior and left for cuple hours under the mediterranian sun.... to to mention the aluminium gearknob!!! that reaches earthcore like temperatures

Thats not exactly what I expected but I think I'll give it a try anyway - I don't like to have glass above my head anyway - I always keep it covered.

It doesn't work like Webasto in the winter does it?

Regarding the black colour - I have a black S3 so that is precisely why I didn't go for that colour. Black is beautiful - make no mistake - but its just so much hotter in the summer that the AC takes much longer to cool it down. And again this is why I opted for the darkened windows.

Going to check those photos - seems I have to register though.

MR USER
September 11th, 2006, 21:21
Tell me about it! I have a black RS4 with Blck celing and black interior.... It's really really good loking but it's hell to keep it clean and it reaches some crazy temperatures in summer.... did I mention the Brandit I have on my right palm? it has 6 gears plus reverse on it... tha alluminum knob gets pretty warm!

Mori
September 11th, 2006, 21:49
Tell me about it! I have a black RS4 with Blck celing and black interior.... It's really really good loking but it's hell to keep it clean and it reaches some crazy temperatures in summer.... did I mention the Brandit I have on my right palm? it has 6 gears plus reverse on it... tha alluminum knob gets pretty warm!

Its no shame to have the RS4 logo branded permanently. :rs4addict

Here's what happened to me one day:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1489/bilde388om5.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bilde388om5.jpg)

Still not sure how it got there. :D

vasbli
September 14th, 2006, 13:07
Mori
Re: winter - you opted for 19' rims - this is a no-go for the winter (however i have no idea how it fits with the ceramics brakes). First, it is not recommended by Audi (official recommended is 18' plus winter tyres), secondly it will cost u more to get 19' winter tyres for less efficiency. I ordered my set of tyres (19' Titanuim for summer and 18' winter) from Audi. Cost was 2.7ke in France with full set of winter tyres for the 18'. They had to make a special order in Germany and I still have not received them - as soon as i have them will post a pic. For the 19' it came with Conti sport 3

Re: roof: I dont recommend the solar one - it has white cells which is not very good looking....

Mori
September 14th, 2006, 16:30
Originally posted by vasbli
Mori
Re: winter - you opted for 19' rims - this is a no-go for the winter (however i have no idea how it fits with the ceramics brakes). First, it is not recommended by Audi (official recommended is 18' plus winter tyres), secondly it will cost u more to get 19' winter tyres for less efficiency. I ordered my set of tyres (19' Titanuim for summer and 18' winter) from Audi. Cost was 2.7ke in France with full set of winter tyres for the 18'. They had to make a special order in Germany and I still have not received them - as soon as i have them will post a pic. For the 19' it came with Conti sport 3

Re: roof: I dont recommend the solar one - it has white cells which is not very good looking....

18" wheels do not fit on ceramic brakes! 19" are a must.