PDA

View Full Version : Possible engineering fault

Skaala
September 7th, 2006, 18:24
To all those who have an Audi Q7 or dream about having one

Before getting possession of your new Q7 or stepping once again in your Q7, I would like to invite you to take a look at the photos on this blog, illustrating an accident occurred on July 1st, 2006 with our new Audi Q7 (ordered in December 2005, produced in Germany in May 2006, delivered to us in Belgium on May 18th, 2006 and totally destroyed not even 6 weeks later, in France).

While driving on the highway in France (at approximately 130 km/h), the front wheel on the right side got loss (absolutely no obstacle on the way), stayed for a while under the car while the car went in one move to the right (the wheel pushed the interior side of the car inside breaking the leg of my daughter). The right wheel also got deformed, while the car was sliding to the right. The car flew into the outside landscape then hit (almost) frontally the land hill, obviously first with the right front side and immediately afterwards also with the left front side.

It went then up to an angle of approximately 45 degrees, then fell back on the ground and hit it first with its right corner at its bottom, then fell completely on its right side.

It is a model TDI 3.0 l (233 HP), 7 seats. It has a weight of approximately 2.5 ton.

The frontal airbags didn’t work (neither because of the frontal choke, nor because of the seat belts), the lateral ones neither, when the car (2.5 ton) fell on its side. The car was equipped with all possible airbags proposed by the constructor.

As if this was not enough, the central internal mirror also got loss at the moment of the choke and hit the head of my wife, who was driving the car.

I’m very happy that my wife and my daughter survived to this very severe accident (the car has been very normally declared as a total loss), these two members of my family being relatively lightly injured (broken sternum for my wife and hit on her head and broken leg for my daughter).

There are witnesses of this accident who can confirm what they saw.

Just to give you an idea about the attitude of Audi towards this accident (which could reveal some very serious technical problems with this car, problems that could endanger the life of people buying such a car), they didn’t do any technical expertise at all until now, even if the car is back in Belgium since July 11th, 2006.

More info about accident, deffect & Audi reaction:

http://accident-audi-q7.skynetblogs.be/

Audi Q7 on fire:

Click Here For The Picture

But Q7 seems to be a bit more trouble prone:

Few days ago in Croatia a brand new Q7 while being parked on the street suddenly started to burn! Audi's representative couldn't tell what was the cause, and the answer from Ingolstadt still didn't arrive!
Croatian forensics & insurance experts confirmed the fire was caused by technical deffect on electric circuit (part between battery & engine).

Damage is approx. 60.000 €!!! Click here for the picture (http://www.jutarnji.hr/dogadjaji_dana/clanak/art-2006,8,22,samozapaljenje_terenca,39862.jl)

Leadfoot
September 7th, 2006, 22:34
I'm glad everyone came out of this relatively ok. But it just shows that when there is 2.5 tons involved, the results are not pretty. Has Audi given you a reply as to why they did not said an expert to inspected the car and what caused the accident?

AndyBG
September 7th, 2006, 23:12
That isn't good . :nono:

Skaala
September 7th, 2006, 23:55
Originally posted by Leadfoot
I'm glad everyone came out of this relatively ok. But it just shows that when there is 2.5 tons involved, the results are not pretty. Has Audi given you a reply as to why they did not said an expert to inspected the car and what caused the accident?

This is the last that was written on the webpage:

Finally, after long discussions with the Audi experts and the insurance company, the date of the expertise has been confirmed : August 23rd. I'll certainly keep you informed. Come along and visit my blog Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Benman
September 8th, 2006, 17:30
I've been looking into this one as well. I can't find any conclusion as to it being Audi's fault or the customer's.

Needless to say, I find Audi's handling to be way sub par... :nono:

Ben:addict:

gjg
September 11th, 2006, 12:36
Originally posted by Benman

Needless to say, I find Audi's handling to be way sub par...

what's new? :doh: