PDA

View Full Version : Audi Announces U.s. Pricing For 2007 S6 And S8 Performance Sedans

Erik
September 7th, 2006, 14:17
Audi of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2007 S6 and S8 performance sedans. The 2007 S6 will start at $72,000, and the 2007 S8 will start at $92,000. A destination charge of $720 is not included in the base price. The S6 carries a gas-guzzler charge of $1,300; the S8 has a charge of $1,700.

Both vehicles are equipped with a 5.2-liter V10 FSI engine and are the latest to Audi’s growing performance car portfolio that also includes the S4 sedan, Avant, and Cabriolet, and the RS 4 sport sedan. To date, over 200 orders have been placed for the S6, and close to 350 have been taken for the S8.

The 435 hp S6 accelerates from 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds. Torque is rated at 397 ft. lbs., with ninety percent of it available from 2300 rpm. The V10 FSI engine is mated to a six-speed Tiptronic® transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive. Other highlights of the S6 include standard 19-inch alloy wheels with performance tires, S6-specific sport suspension and sport seats, revised body work, and LED daytime running lights.

The S8, which can reach 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, has 450 hp and 397 ft. lbs. of torque, and uses a six-speed Tiptronic transmission with quattro like the S6. Standard 20-inch “S” design alloy wheels and performance tires, a sport adaptive air suspension, special valcona sport seats, and revised body work communicate the S8’s performance potential is communicated even before the engine is started. An optional highlight of the 2007 S8 is the award-winning $6,300, 1000-watt Bang & Olufsen® sound system that recently won “Best Sound System” by the judges in the media for the Ward’s Auto Interior Awards.

Skaala
September 7th, 2006, 17:27
holy crap, that's cheap...:eek:
over here the S8 runs a terrifying $290.000,- :cry:

Benman
September 8th, 2006, 16:28
I have to say Skaala is right. I personally thought both the S6 and S8 would be more.

Bauer is so all over that S8...

Ben:addict:

Skaala
September 8th, 2006, 16:42
Originally posted by Benman
I have to say Skaala is right. I personally thought both the S6 and S8 would be more.

Bauer is so all over that S8...

I've said it before, and I'll say again. When I'm done with my master I WILL LEAVE NORWAY!, damn bloodsucking government

It's not that t is a bad place to live, but the taxes are so unfair that it makes you sick... over 50% (not for all, but...) these insane income taxes are not neccessary in a country wich has over $240.000.000.000,- in its "oil-fund":doh:

"contributing to wellfare" my ass..... maybe the gov should open their pocket for once

Benman
September 8th, 2006, 16:49
Originally posted by Skaala
I've said it before, and I'll say again. When I'm done with my master I WILL LEAVE NORWAY!, damn bloodsucking government

It's not that t is a bad place to live, but the taxes are so unfair that it makes you sick... over 50% (not for all, but...) these insane income taxes are not neccessary in a country wich has over $240.000.000.000,- in its "oil-fund":doh:

"contributing to wellfare" my ass..... maybe the gov should open their pocket for once

Amen!

I wish the Democraps would read that post. Whoops, did I just venture into politics.:D :blush:

noushy
September 9th, 2006, 03:48
Hello guys, long time no write. Been busy with work and life. Anyways, I like some of you am quickly approaching the end of my lease with the RS6. I love the car and wish Audi would stop dragging their feet with the new one. Anyways, tommorow I have a chance to drive both the new S6 and S8. No dealership in the country will have these cars yet. They are not for sale, but because of our close proximity with AoA headquarters, my dealership was chosen for the preparation of the press fleet. They have an S6 all prepped in the service area and today the S8 was supposed to be there. They will be handling the entire press fleet. So..... this may be a little off topic but what do you guys think. A new S6 or S8 to replace the RS6 for two years, or the competition, a M5 or M6, E63 or CLS63. After two years hopefully the new RS6 or RS7 should be available.

Noushy

PS. I will take pictures and let you all know about the drives hopefully.

AndyBG
September 9th, 2006, 04:30
S6 or S8, if you asking me!

It's Lambo' engine, after all...

noushy
September 9th, 2006, 04:43
Andy, it is a lambo engine modified to Audi bore spacings. But yes, it shares some things in common. I am looking more at the aspect of going from an RS car to an S car, in terms of handling, braking, and special options. Also in terms of a daily driver.

Noushy

AndyBG
September 9th, 2006, 05:05
Here, on RS6.COM we had several discousions, very similar to this, but I am going to repeat my view.

You should go for S6 or S8, choice is only yours, they will replace yours C5 RS 6 just fine, before the new, long waited C6 RS 6 arives.

In all this everyday use of these cars, i think, you want be feeling that power loss too much, alltough, there isn't one, only 15 hp with S6 an 0 hp with S8.

They are ''quattro'' and you, allready owning a ''quattro'' car (RS 6), know very good all advantages of this, specialy if you are living in snowy region.

They are equipped with new 6 speed Tiptronic, wich is better then 5 speed, everyone ho drives these cars that they feel more responsive than AUDIs so far, in terms of handling.

And, at the end, i think that is esential for good ''brand development'' to be some group of people that will stick with the company (AUDI) for more than one car, so, I would love to hear that somebody ho owned one, goes to its second, then third AUDI and so on...

Just my 0.3 cents...

Desicion is yours....

noushy
September 9th, 2006, 22:02
Well guys some good news and some bad news. Went to my dealership today, and unfortunately Audi of America picked up their first pair of S6 cars. I missed the first opportunity to drive one, but have no fear, there will be around 30 cars total so I should be able to catch the next batch. In its place they dropped off two S8 cars, both in daytona gray, with all options. I was the second person to ever drive an S8 in this country not associated with Audi or the press. Anyways, I went with a good friend of mine and we each had about 15 minutes behind the wheel. Compared to the RS6, it is obviously larger, better put together, more solid, and very smooth. The V10 makes a nice growl, and with the windows down it is even louder. This one had the carbon fiber trim along with the anodized aluminum accents. The seats are amazing, much better grip than the RS6 seats, and in two tone leather (black and silver). The headliner and everything else is alacantara in silver like the RS6. On the road it handles about 9/10ths of the RS6, but with a much better ride. I has four settings for the suspension, all through the MMI. The dynamic mode is the stiffest and we disabled the traction control. With the 60/40 rear bias quattro, you can induce oversteer but the front end stays very put. I took three pictures and when i figure out how to remove them from my windows ce phone, I will upload them. On the road, It seems almost as fast as the RS6, but with more linear power delivery and amazing initial throttle response. You can do 120mph and sleep in the passenger seat. I will post more later. All I can say right now is which color should I get. I am thinking of the phantom black (metallic black) or the silver. It is also available in mugello blue, or any color you want (including imola yellow). My wife wants me to get some other color than blue.

Noushy

noushy
September 10th, 2006, 04:34
Sorry about the poor quality, all I had was my windows pocket pc phone with me. I went straight from work, and did not have time to stop at home and get the digicam. Well here she is, the first (and the second but both identical) S8s in America.

noushy
September 10th, 2006, 04:35
An ok interior shot:

noushy
September 10th, 2006, 04:41
Here is the one we drove. Forgive me for the extra posts but no way to show more than one pic at a time I guess.

Noushy

AndyBG
September 10th, 2006, 04:49
I'm glad you'r satisfiyed.

Try S6 and then make disicion, witch colour...!

My advice, ''phantom schwarz'' (black). :0:

noushy
September 10th, 2006, 05:30
Andy, that was exactly the color that my sales manager recommended. They had a RS4 in that color and it was sharp. The intererior in black and silver is very cool, especially with the carbon fiber. The sales manager loved the S6 until he drove the S8, and thinks that really is the car for me. Plus the killer B&O stereo to boot. They should have an S6 in some time next week, and I will drive a RS4 as well, just for fun. Thanks again Andy.

Noushy

Skaala
September 10th, 2006, 05:35
Originally posted by AndyBG
My advice, ''phantom schwarz'' (black). :0:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AndyBG
September 11th, 2006, 12:05
Originally posted by noushy
... Thanks again Andy.

:0:

Benman
September 11th, 2006, 18:14
Noushy,

S8 all the way. And Daytona for color. :D

Kev.S
September 11th, 2006, 18:44
Daytona with grey/silver interior and carbon/alu trim.
Dosen't show true colour here as it's a flash photo in the dark.

Kev.S
September 11th, 2006, 18:44
The 8 also has some cool interior lighting effects.

Kev.S
September 11th, 2006, 18:46
Tyre pressure monitor also much better than the RS6.