PDA

View Full Version : Best way to start?

Kleiv
September 5th, 2006, 21:38
I'm going to a race and want your opinion how to launch the car in the best way?

Leadfoot
September 5th, 2006, 22:04
Originally posted by Kleiv
I'm going to a race and want your opinion how to launch the car in the best way?

I would say God bless her and all who sail in her, oh and break a bottle of champean on the bumper.:hihi:

BigRick
September 5th, 2006, 22:46
There's thread about what rev is the best you'll find some good info in there.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9692

Keep in mind that to launch the car you should/must disable the first stage ESP as I already stated in the thread. I did a couple of test last weekend and now I'm pretty confident that ASR is causing a loss in engine power when you shift in second with full throttle.

I'm still not sure that I want to try to drop the clutch but from my latest results it is still not needed, even against an M3... it's your call to try out (and don't forget to share you findings)

Smoked without dropping the clutch:
1 - Carrera S
2 - M3
and plenty of small things like civic, wrx and acuras... don't even know why they bother to try! :bye2:

Cheers,

AndyBG
September 6th, 2006, 03:03
Originally posted by BigRick
and plenty of small things like civic, wrx and acuras... don't even know why they bother to try! :bye2:

:hihi:

jasaretta
September 6th, 2006, 07:00
There's thread about what rev is the best you'll find some good info in there.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9692

Keep in mind that to launch the car you should/must disable the first stage ESP as I already stated in the thread. I did a couple of test last weekend and now I'm pretty confident that ASR is causing a loss in engine power when you shift in second with full throttle.

I'm still not sure that I want to try to drop the clutch but from my latest results it is still not needed, even against an M3... it's your call to try out (and don't forget to share you findings)

1 - Carrera S
2 - M3

Cheers,

FOr what it's worth I tried this start recently:

- 1st stage traction control off
- S button pressed
- rev to 4000rpm
- Clutch out completely in 1 go
- accelerator down.

I crapped myself LOL :D - damn this car is fast.

Wheels spun very slightly and the car launched beautifully - my fiance also let out a scream of delight :applause:

Loved it

jas

Kleiv
September 6th, 2006, 07:17
Originally posted by jasaretta

- S button pressed
- rev to 4000rpm
- accelerator down.

Wheels spun very slightly and the car launched beautifully - my fiance also let out a scream of delight :applause:

Loved it

jas

What is 1st stage traction? is it when i press the button for one second or three seconds?

Fab
September 6th, 2006, 07:54
What is 1st stage traction? is it when i press the button for one second or three seconds? 1 second

Fab
September 6th, 2006, 07:55

1 - Carrera S
2 - M3

Cheers, I like that hehehe :incar:

:rs4kiss:

BigRick
September 6th, 2006, 13:00
What is 1st stage traction? is it when i press the button for one second or three seconds?

First stage is the ASR (anti-slip regulator), you can deactivate it by pressing the button for something like a second.

BigRick
September 6th, 2006, 13:02

- S button pressed
- rev to 4000rpm
- accelerator down.

Loved it

jas

I'll have to try that... :0:

BigRick
September 6th, 2006, 13:08
Originally posted by Fab
I like that hehehe :incar:

:rs4kiss:

I like smoking other cars... but the real fun is when you slow down a bit and wait for them... you look at them and you can see that they don't understand what just happened. :hahahehe: the feeling is even better when you smoke a supposedly fast car (like those M3s and Porsches)

Kleiv
September 6th, 2006, 13:09
[Wheels spun very slightly and the car launched beautifully - my fiance also let out a scream of delight :applause:

Loved it

jas [/B]

Don't we all love when chicks scream!? :D

Audihead
September 6th, 2006, 18:20
Don't we all love when chicks scream!? :D

Yes, it is awesome when they show spazms of delight.:0: :rs4addict

jasaretta
September 6th, 2006, 23:32
Originally posted by Audihead
Yes, it is awesome when they show spazms of delight.:0: :rs4addict

Are we still talking about take offs?? LOL

Ist stage is when you press thebutton once and the light on the dash flashes.

2nd stage is when you hold it down and the light stays on.

Audihead
September 7th, 2006, 00:55
Are we still talking about take offs?? LOL

Yep, my lady loves it when I take the car up through the gears near red-line.:D :rs4addict

Fab
September 7th, 2006, 19:38
lucky you:D I preferably do this alone :D :D

CezarRS4
December 8th, 2006, 14:14
I understand the there are many DTM components on the car so it's strong and reliable.
I have 7800 KM i i did the 8250 RPM and off a lot of times and it's ok. At first there were some ugly smells but now it's ok.
It depende who are you racing with : very good launch is with 4300- 4400 RPM but explosive in in the limiter but take the foot off completely !!
Conti's are good for launc because they spin imediately , i have pirelli and it gives me good grip and if i don't spin i slip the clutch !!
That's about it : for no problems go for 4300 RPM and you'l be surprised !

LOVE FOR RS4

gazzab
December 10th, 2006, 11:51

- S button pressed
- rev to 4000rpm
- accelerator down.

Loved it

jas

Jas, I wish my women loved going fast!!!!

Gazzab

KK265
December 10th, 2006, 23:24
1 - Carrera S
[/QUOTE]

I confirm it.Yesterday from 100km/h rolling start twice until 5th gear.Unfortunatly no video.