PDA

View Full Version : Video: M3 E46 chasing Abt RS4 on Hockenheim

quattro
April 7th, 2003, 11:46
An M3 E46 with R-tyres and sports chassis chasing an RS4 with Abt upgrades

Hockenheim-times for unmodded cars.
Round Time 1.17,6 min (M3)
Round time 1.18,2 min (RS4)

M3 vs. RS4 on Hockenheim (http://www.emm3.de/videos/videos/m3_vs_rs4.mpg ) (save as...)

johann
April 9th, 2003, 23:59
Why are there no comments? ;)

Gabriel343
April 12th, 2003, 12:03
;) :bye:

Snow
April 12th, 2003, 19:40
At least they can both outrun a Mini Cooper... :hihi:
But they are pretty much equally fast. Cool video! I love the rear view of the RS 4. It looks really aggressive!

Artur Costa
April 13th, 2003, 20:44
Originally posted by johann
Why are there no comments? ;)

It looks like everyone saw that the M3 was mutch faster and no one wants to comment on that.... :D
Amasing how the front of the M3 is so glue to the ground while the RS4 is always going out of the apex.
We must :bow: the M3

LOL

Snow
April 13th, 2003, 21:27
Just another lame excuse, or...?
Did it ever occur to you that the driver might suck? I would want to see the same driver in both cars, then, I just might believe what a video would show...
Point is, I don't agree with you... :argue: ;)

mjrr
April 13th, 2003, 23:12
that's the point
the m3-driver takes a better line, otherwise he couldn't have overtaken the rs4 ;)

mjrr

Artur Costa
April 14th, 2003, 02:49
Originally posted by mjrr
that's the point
the m3-driver takes a better line, otherwise he couldn't have overtaken the rs4 ;)

mjrr

And why does the M3 driver take a better line?
The RS4 just pushes the car out of the corner with all the power while the M3 stays in the line!
Can t you just agree that the M3 is faster in corners?
Its quite impossible to get understeer from an M3 while the RS4 you just have to push the trottle!

Im a Audi owner too , but I have to admit that the RWD system of the M3 makes it faster in corners than the quattro of the RS4.

Originally posted by Snow

Just another lame excuse, or...?
Did it ever occur to you that the driver might suck? I would want to see the same driver in both cars, then, I just might believe what a video would show...
Point is, I don't agree with you...

What does the RS4 driver do wrong? He drives it on the limits and still has the M3 glue to his rear! Can you see that?
First mistake he did the M3 just got passed hem!
But imagine he didnt went a bit of the line there.The M3 would still be at his rear and sooner or later he would out brake hem!
This is how it works when your at a track!

:race:

Kram
April 14th, 2003, 18:00
Take a look to the other videos at the same site.
You will see the same M3 overtaking other M3 easier than the RS4.:hihi:

What it means? This M3 is tuned (weight loss program, tuned suspension and r tires) and the Driver is a good one (video with him behind the Ring Taxi):incar:

RS Rulez!
:bow:

mjrr
April 14th, 2003, 21:09
which other videos?? I can't open the whole side :(
It's only the m3 logo and nothing else...

mjrr

Kram
April 14th, 2003, 22:20
try at http://www.emm3.de/ click on a hide link above the message link at the top left corner.

Regards and enjoy

Snow
April 14th, 2003, 22:43
I've tried it, and it just keeps on telling me that the page isn't available for the moment. I've tried all day...

Kram
April 14th, 2003, 23:25
You are right.
Its out. :(

I'll try to find a place to host all the videos, cause I downloaded all them.

As soon I have a place, I'll post it. :asian:

Regards

Benman
April 15th, 2003, 02:58
i watched the video a couple of times and it does appear that
the performance of the two cars are pretty darn close:bigeyes:

however if you watch the end where the M3 passes the RS4,
it appears that the RS4 runs a terrible line. he's more than 10'
from the apex whereas the M3 nails it. call it a cop out, but
that's the way i see it. BTW, your right about the M3 riding his
rear end the whole track. there was nothing the RS4 could do to
shake him. props to the M3:cheers:

ben:addict:

Andreas.ka
April 16th, 2003, 13:08
same driver and no modds:

Nuerburing
RS4: 8.25 min
M3: 8.22 min

Hockenheim
RS4: 1.18,2 min
M3: 1.17.6 min

this is old times i bet the M3 is faster than 8.22min today, Im I wrong Johann?

Erik
April 16th, 2003, 13:17
johann is at the Ring over Easter trying to find out :hihi:

mjrr
April 18th, 2003, 12:00
the link is working again.... hurry up!! We don't know how long

www.emm3.de

greets mjrr

itisme
April 18th, 2003, 12:44
Originally posted by mjrr
the link is working again.... hurry up!! We don't know how long

www.emm3.de

greets mjrr

how can I get the videos? it`s always asking for username and keyword :(..

Snow
April 18th, 2003, 15:27
Note: Not all videos can be access, but some of them doesn't require a password.

BUT what I can see from those videos is that that isn't a normal M3. Why? Well, first of all he is faster (??) than a Porsche Carrera on the Autobahn. Of course, noone knows if the Porsche was going flat out, but still. Second, once again he is doing a pretty good job following a Porsche Carrera 4S at the Nordschleife. That's just not normal for an M3.
But you can't take away from him that he seems to be a hell of a driver... Nice donuts at the roundabout.. :D And I agree that the M3 is really fast but I still like the RS 4 more... :rs4addict

:cheers:

Artur Costa
April 22nd, 2003, 06:02
Originally posted by Snow
Note: Not all videos can be access, but some of them doesn't require a password.

BUT what I can see from those videos is that that isn't a normal M3. Why? Well, first of all he is faster (??) than a Porsche Carrera on the Autobahn. Of course, noone knows if the Porsche was going flat out, but still. Second, once again he is doing a pretty good job following a Porsche Carrera 4S at the Nordschleife. That's just not normal for an M3.
But you can't take away from him that he seems to be a hell of a driver... Nice donuts at the roundabout.. :D And I agree that the M3 is really fast but I still like the RS 4 more... :rs4addict

:cheers:

Snow , please tell me that you have driven an ///M car.
a masterpiece of RWD , and that you know that it actualy its mutch more fun and that you just "like the RS 4 more..."

The RS4 is a wonderfull car , but it is just not made to get into corners as the M3!

My daily drive is a A4 1.9TDI and I love it but I know that the 3-Series has a better chasis!

About it following the Porsche , thats normal !!
If Im not mistaken , the Porsche on the vid is a 300bhp engine!
The M3 has 44BHP more!
And yes , at this vid the Porsche lifts the foot , but he gets killed :bang:

And BTW , I have a close freind that owns one of those 300bhp Porsches , and I raced hem on autobans(thats german word I think) with my dads E34 M5 and I never lost his rear!
We did 0-100 and I got killed , but we did 100-200 and 160-250 and I never felt that I was losing! Well , its ///M POWER :hihi:

:race:

Carl
May 6th, 2003, 22:28
Cheers guys!

i am the driver of the RS4. It is pretty simple why the M3 is faster than me.

1. much lower weight because Ingo (the M3 driver) had no rear seats and only the driver seat mounted
2. no 4WD. qauttro is not better on the dry Hockenheimring and costs power
3. Sport or R tires. Fitted on the standard RS4 the Pirelli Corsa´s are 1,7 Secondes faster! And that is a hell of time!
4. He has a very special suspension, mine is a simple Quattro susoension
5. My line is not bad, sometimes i am too fast, as you can see in the corner where he passed. But he can do do much faster corning speeds, due to his tires and special suspension (specially developed for racetracks, he drives Nordschleife and Hockenheim very often)

check out some videos from my RS4 on:

www.carpassion.com

here is another link:

www.emm3.de/videos/videos/runde_mit_carl.mpg

Erik
May 6th, 2003, 23:03
Welcome Carl,
What took you so long? :confused:

Looking forward to more videos.

RS4 on the forum is down at Hohenester to tune his car even more. He'll also put on GT2 brakes and Hohenester suspension which is said to improve the handling a lot.

Snow
May 7th, 2003, 12:30
Oops, sorry I said you suck Carl! :blush: Well, now we know why the difference was so noticable... I obviously wasn't the driver... :rolleyes:

Carl
May 7th, 2003, 12:45
no problem!

since my 1st girl was swedish and you are swedish, i will forgive you!

:rs4addict

Benman
May 7th, 2003, 16:31
thanks for the explaination carl. you are correct about r tires.
they make a HUGE difference, not to mention modified suspension

i wonder what johann's excuse will be now?;)

ben:cheers:

johann
May 10th, 2003, 18:51
Originally posted by Andreas.ka
same driver and no modds:

Nuerburing
RS4: 8.25 min
M3: 8.22 min

Hockenheim
RS4: 1.18,2 min
M3: 1.17.6 min

this is old times i bet the M3 is faster than 8.22min today, Im I wrong Johann?

I don't know about Nordschleife except that I drive faster than that myself. But the latest test of the M3 on Hockenheim was 1.16.4 I think, quite an imrovement. Wheter the M3 was secretly improved or Horst von Saurma learnt to drive it better I don't know.

Cheers,
/Johan

johann
May 10th, 2003, 18:58
Originally posted by Benman
thanks for the explaination carl. you are correct about r tires.
they make a HUGE difference, not to mention modified suspension

i wonder what johann's excuse will be now?;)

ben:cheers:

The RS4 was 0,7 s faster around Hockenheim with the sport package including sport suspension and R tires (1.18.2 vs 1.17.5.

Still a bone stock M3 on street tires is 1,2 s than faster than the RS4 with sport package.

You're the one blaming it on poor lines so what is your excuse now? ;)