PDA

View Full Version : Plus suspension

QuattroFun
September 3rd, 2006, 17:08
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I recently drove a couple of RS4:s with the standard suspension & 19" & standard tyres and I my opinion they feel rather different versus my RS4 with suspension plus & 19" & standard tyres.

I am not taking about comfort on cobblestones or the like one hand and chassis limits in really hard driving on the other here - but rather the perceived steering feel, agility and feedback also in rather modest speeds.

I feel that the suspension plus has noticeable positive impacts on steering precision and chassis feel. In fact, apart from really scarred tarmac where my plus is maybe too hard, I would even go as far as to say that IMHO the standard suspension is actually in comparison a bit vague in feel whereas the plus is generally and in most conditions not too harsh for me. Of course, plus suspension should be different from the standard one but I was surprised about how different it feels to me even before the limits.

Question: is this just my imagination at play trying to after the fact rationalise forking out the extra cash for the plus or do those of you who have driven both set-ups really come across similar observations?

IulianUM
September 3rd, 2006, 18:11
For me the Sport Suspension makes the car much sharper ( on my dictionary says that sharper means among other things swindler , trickster and dodger .:confused: ). Someone told me that is almost a different car with it . :revs:

Fab
September 3rd, 2006, 20:05
definitely the SS plus makes the car much sharper and much "road feeling" no doubt about this. I am so happy to have finally choosen the SS plus. Everybody should go for it :0:

AndyBG
September 3rd, 2006, 20:11
Originally posted by Fab
... Everybody should go for it

Agree, if you taking ''performant'' car, take it at its best.

Fab
September 3rd, 2006, 20:18
on the RS4 avant it seems even slightly more confortable than in the sedan if I remember well my past tests. Anyway I am just HAPPY with my set up. I have been driving around quite nicely today :king: I touched the 6000rpm all the way but without "flooring fully" I am waiting the 2000km mark before to go to the max hehe :D

AndyBG
September 3rd, 2006, 21:21
Originally posted by Fab
... "flooring fully" I am waiting the 2000km mark before to go to the max hehe :D

That is going to be one ''emotional'' moment... :hihi:

Fab
September 4th, 2006, 14:01
for shure:heart:

What a evil noise at 8000rpm:revs: :king:

QuattroFun
September 4th, 2006, 18:03
Originally posted by Fab
on the RS4 avant it seems even slightly more confortable than in the sedan if I remember well my past tests. Anyway I am just HAPPY with my set up. I have been driving around quite nicely today :king: I touched the 6000rpm all the way but without "flooring fully" I am waiting the 2000km mark before to go to the max hehe :D

WOW, you really have been patient - I can tell you that, just like my earlier S4, when you are some way past 10000km the engine has flexed up very nicely (provided that you start to work it after the stated 2500km run-in) and the final shove between 6000rpm and 8000 rpm is the sweetest...:0:

Anyway, thx for all the comments guys - it is good to hear also from others that plus rules!