PDA

View Full Version : Tdi

Benman
August 31st, 2006, 00:20
Was curious as to how many members here have/drive a VAG TDI.

My vote was for "No, but plan to in the future".

Ben

AndyBG
August 31st, 2006, 01:24
One ''left'' me recently, another is on it's way...

roadrunner
August 31st, 2006, 09:34
Everyone in the family:

- my sister (gets her second one today)
- my mom
- my wife
- myself (smoke many stronger cars) :hahahehe:

- best friend

I guess you understand now why ~80% of Audis & VWs sold in Austria have a TDI.

only my two 2 year old daughter prefers the TT toycar :D

Drove a Ford 1.4 DTCi diesel - no comparison

Greets
Seb.

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2006, 11:27
Diesels are great in the right vehicles. Put them in a big luxury car like a A8 and they're great what with the extra sound-deadening and the automatic gearbox. But with the rest of the range I'm not so sure, yes they give better economy and in-gear acceleration but at the cost of extra noise and unless you are doing big mileage the extra cost of the vehicle doesn't justify the extra outlay.

Benman
August 31st, 2006, 18:24
Originally posted by Leadfoot
...yes they give better economy and in-gear acceleration but at the cost of extra noise and unless you are doing big mileage the extra cost of the vehicle doesn't justify the extra outlay.

With all three vehicles in my household, we drive @4000+ miles (6400+km) every month!!! So yeah, diesel would make a difference.:D

Well, with 12 votes and only ONE saying not interested, I have to ask what is wrong with my American brothers? Why the hate towards diesel and especially the hatred of our government towards diesels. I mean, even Mercedes new "Blutec" (horse piss) can't even pass the standards here in "Liberal" California. No, we must drive "clean" gas guzzlers...:(

Leadfoot, I hear your point. For cars like the RS 6 and such, I love petrol, but not for a commuter car that is used for mundane back and forth to work. That is where I'd want a diesel...

Ben:addict:

freerider
August 31st, 2006, 19:06
I'm looking into my first car now. The fact that I have to drive +40.000km (25.000 miles)/year for my work alone and the high gas prices in Belgium push me into the TDI engines. Too bad Audi's are so expensive to buy (second hand and new) and the services are expensive too.

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2006, 21:36
Originally posted by Benman
With all three vehicles in my household, we drive @4000+ miles (6400+km) every month!!! So yeah, diesel would make a difference.:D

Well, with 12 votes and only ONE saying not interested, I have to ask what is wrong with my American brothers? Why the hate towards diesel and especially the hatred of our government towards diesels. I mean, even Mercedes new "Blutec" (horse piss) can't even pass the standards here in "Liberal" California. No, we must drive "clean" gas guzzlers...:(

Leadfoot, I hear your point. For cars like the RS 6 and such, I love petrol, but not for a commuter car that is used for mundane back and forth to work. That is where I'd want a diesel...

Ben,

You would definitely benefit from having a diesel car and when most of your drive is long distance a diesel would be a prefect partner being very quiet at these speeds due to the fact that they are very tall geared.

American hatred for diesels is just like Northern Ireland people's hatred of timber framed housing. Unless it bricks and mortar they think it's just no use, no matter that the rest of the world rate it as the best way to go. In the UK and I would reckon the same for the rest of Europe, there is more cars being purchased as diesels than petrol and would go as far to say that 70% of VW Group cars in the UK are diesel.

Audi have broke the family/luxury car market for diesel and I believe within a couple of years they will be breaking the performance car market with diesels as well, when they add their S/RS diesel models.

Benman
August 31st, 2006, 22:26
Originally posted by Leadfoot

American hatred for diesels is just like Northern Ireland people's hatred of timber framed housing...
:applause: Good one.:thumb: Really wanted a TDI for the wife's Q7, but, well, you know the story... nothing available here for two more years...

Johan,

Plenty of peppy TDI VWs to choose from. You can still stay VAG. Look at Erik.:D

AndyBG
September 1st, 2006, 01:01
Just update to a story...

...facelifted Touareg is getting stronger V10 TDI, 330 bhp...

Benman
September 1st, 2006, 01:30
Originally posted by AndyBG
Just update to a story...

...facelifted Touareg is getting stronger V10 TDI, 330 bhp... And this will be available in the States...?:D ;) (hint: never...) :D

AndyBG
September 1st, 2006, 01:48
... I don't know what to say but it's very obvious where is smart to put your money today, for example...

Mercedes C 320 CDI - 224 hp, 415 nm

Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 233 hp, 450 nm

BMW 335 d - 286 hp :MTM: , 550 + nm

All three great cars...

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2006, 10:51
Originally posted by AndyBG
... I don't know what to say but it's very obvious where is smart to put your money today, for example...

Mercedes C 320 CDI - 224 hp, 415 nm

Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro - 233 hp, 450 nm

BMW 335 d - 286 hp :MTM: , 550 + nm

All three great cars...

This performance benefit that BMW has over Audi and Merc is short lived. Both are developing their own twin turbo versions.

maarten
September 16th, 2006, 19:52
I tink the new Q7 V12 TDI will be pretty good :D

500 BHP :bow: :bow: :bow:

RS6-dreamer
September 18th, 2006, 00:15
Yes, I drive TDI's.

A6 avant 2.5TDI 180hp + chipped

and an 80 cabriolet 1.9TDI.

Following one will be A4 3.0TDI s-line

:love:

steffenr
September 22nd, 2006, 19:45
does the company car count? if, no, then no, if it do yes

Auto
October 2nd, 2006, 23:10
A4 2.0 TDI B7 for now.
Will get 3.0 TDI or higher if possible when the new A4 comes out in late 2007.

Benman
October 3rd, 2006, 15:21
Auto (strange that name wasn't already taken:vhmmm: ;) ),

Welcome to the forum. After more than a month, it shows nearly 80% of the people who responded, either own, have owned, or will own a VAG TDI. Amazing considering this is an enthusiast website. Now if AoA would look at these posts...

Auto
October 3rd, 2006, 22:13
Benman

You don't have diesel cars in the US?

Benman
October 4th, 2006, 17:05
Benman

You don't have diesel cars in the US?

Not in California!:hihi: Dang Liberals!

Seriously, ZERO diesels will be sold in California during MY2007! ZERO!!! Only trucks will be sold as MY2007 here. In MY2008, Mercedes and VW are saying they will sell some here, but it remains to be seen if they can pass the absurd emmisions requirement that the politicians have enforced here. Believe me, the bar is insanely set high and the manufactures have their work cut out for them to pass these emmisions. As said before, even the Blue Tech piss cars from Merc couldn't pass...:rolleyes: