PDA

View Full Version : Help out please! Which is the best exhaust for the RS4?

Erik
August 28th, 2006, 20:02
A friend of mine tried the TopGear exhaust, used to be the best for the RS4 B5 model.

However for the new RS4 it was TOO loud, so he switched back.

Magnaflow http://www.magnaflow.com/ has a nice system , at least we like the sound in the video.
I e-mailed them a few weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for a reply :rolleyes:

Abt and MTM have exhaust systems as well.

MTM only cat back, and Abt both cat back and with race cats.
However they charge 6.000 Euros + and the power gain is virtually nothing. And the sound is described as 'muted' as they have to obey laws etc.
And why are thses systems so bloody expensive?

So...what's your experience and input on the problem?

dxben
August 28th, 2006, 21:43
Originally posted by Erik
A friend of mine tried the TopGear exhaust, used to be the best for the RS4 B5 model.

However for the new RS4 it was TOO loud, so he switched back.

Magnaflow http://www.magnaflow.com/ has a nice system , at least we like the sound in the video.
I e-mailed them a few weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for a reply :rolleyes:

Abt and MTM have exhaust systems as well.

MTM only cat back, and Abt both cat back and with race cats.
However they charge 6.000 Euros + and the power gain is virtually nothing. And the sound is described as 'muted' as they have to obey laws etc.
And why are thses systems so bloody expensive?

So...what's your experience and input on the problem?

Miltek is reporting 20bhp gains for just the catback with more to come with the downpipes, and that should be verifiable soon with a dyno sheet.

I don't know what these other jokers are up to, but 20hp for just cats is pretty damned good on this car.

IulianUM
August 29th, 2006, 01:36
On the Milltek web site there is one little video of one Rs4 among other cars . The sound is not too bad , but for me , may be a too high pitch note .:vhmmm:

Anyway I am waiting others comments about exhausts and of course the dyno tests (what have impressed me more of the Milltek system is the weight saving , all on the Rs4 is on the heavy side).

AndyBG
August 29th, 2006, 02:05
What about ''old'' exhaust manufacturers, (Remus, Supersprint...), no one talking about them any more... :confused:

BTW, that 20 hp gain with Miltek is fantastic! :revs:

dxben
August 29th, 2006, 03:12
Yeah 20hp for the Miltek is great, and the weight savings is another nice bonus.

I'll be getting it no doubt, but I'd like to wait for the catbacks to see the final story :)

Fab
August 29th, 2006, 07:57
Agree the Miltek looks very nice and the extra 20hp sounds very gooood :0: Let's wait and see the dyno figure.

I would personally prefer to go for a good exhaust rather than for a remap. :wo:

AndyBG
August 29th, 2006, 14:14
Originally posted by Fab
...I would personally prefer to go for a good exhaust rather than for a remap. :wo:

Same here...

AndyBG
September 16th, 2006, 12:17
Anybody tryed this...

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/auspuffanlagen/produkte_detail_id_654.php