PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

sockamber
August 27th, 2006, 07:40
I collected my new car on Friday. The car came with Continental Tyres. However, I thought Aussie cars were fitted with Pzero tyres.

Guys, can you shed any light on this?

Michael :rs4addict

jasaretta
August 27th, 2006, 11:45
Originally posted by sockamber
I collected my new car on Friday. The car came with Continental Tyres. However, I thought Aussie cars were fitted with Pzero tyres.

Guys, can you shed any light on this?

Michael :rs4addict

Michael - I have PZeros but when i asked the dealer he said they were getting some with Pzeros and others with Continentals.

I heard that there was a shift to Continentals at some point.

What do you think of them?

james

ps how's the car?????

BryanF
August 27th, 2006, 12:36
Michael

I understand PZeros were replaced by Contis on all the later built cars.I have Contis on my other car and I find them very good.I know Porsche deliver cars with either Contis or Michelins so I wouldn't be two worried.

I 've read on this forum some guys are replacing their PZeros after only 9000 kms !!!I've been getting at least 15000 kms out of the Contis on my 911.

The PZeros certainly stick !!!

Bryan

sockamber
August 27th, 2006, 12:45
Thanks for the input. The continentals are fine. Probably a bit more resilient.

Whilst I've got you - is next Saturday ok with everyone. How about say 11.00am in the car park at the end of Bay Street Port Melbourne (opposite the Peir Hotel).

From there - any suggestions?

James, you asked if this was a boys only drive. After spending the day in the car with my wife all I can say is DEFINITELY!

Michael:rs4addict

gazzab
August 27th, 2006, 14:14
Guys, I will be pushing to make it by 11am, but could manage midday. Michael I had Continentals on my M3, got about 50K out of them, quieter than Michelins and obviously wear well. At the end of the day no real difference, though the red writing highlights the tyre!!!

Look forward to catching up.

Gazzab

Audihead
August 28th, 2006, 20:37
Goodyear Eagle F1's. That will be my next tire of choice for the RS.:0: