PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Insurance cover

cpchannel
August 26th, 2006, 10:27
It seems we have a huge mix of different people in different countries in these forums and I wondered if our car insurance costs differ

Myself I pay £948.95 for my soon to be delivered RS4 convertible

This is fully comprehensive
Me and the wife :w: only
not garaged
fitted tracker
and an excess of £500

I also have a 9 year no claims bonus

I live in the UK

Can anybody get cheaper than £948

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2006, 11:56
I can't tell you if my getting any better of a price, but as you live in the UK, have you ever considered Portfolio Insurance Cover. I have this with Abbey Insurance and it includes all the cars and house insurances at one address under one policy. I have price all of my policies seperately and the difference was at best £600 more. I was advised about it by the local Porsche dealership were my brother bought his Cayenne from.

Not only is it cheaper, but I just found out that you can have a claim upto £5K and it doesn't effect your no-claims bonus. Though this might only be for the first claim, I'm not sure if this is always the case.

Check it out.

Audihead
August 26th, 2006, 16:30
$1,600 a year. Lot's of discounts through AAA.

cpchannel
August 26th, 2006, 20:14
Thanks leadfoot that's very good advice I will take a look at it

bobey
August 28th, 2006, 08:50
3500EUR/year. No previous insurance :-(. That kinda sucks :-(. But I love the car so it is worth it :-).

// bobey

Dirk
August 28th, 2006, 12:28
In Belgium this would be around € 3700. No accidents in the last 10 years. But you get a full payment on any damage (no own risk).

If you accept an own risk of 2,5%, it'll cost € 3200.

Belgium : small country with lots of cars, lots of traffic, ... a lot of accidents...

Erik
August 28th, 2006, 12:29
Originally posted by Dirk
Belgium : small country with lots of cars, lots of traffic, ... a lot of accidents...

...loads of poor drivers :D

Dirk
August 28th, 2006, 12:41
I agree :D ... onfortunately :(

BigRick
August 28th, 2006, 13:02
My insurance cost is about 1100$ CAD :wo:
Deductibles are high but when you know it, it doesn't really matter and they only apply if you are in fault.

Seams like we have a good deal here after all.