PDA

View Full Version : A8 vs. A8 TDI

AndyBG
August 25th, 2006, 00:22
Nice article...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=108977?imw=Y

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2006, 09:45
This has been my arguement for diesels to be in the states. OK, so their fuel prices are low, but think of all the benefit that the diesel engine can bring to the big American cars. Lazy torque, better economy and with it less green house gases. This test shows that diesels can not only out perform their petrol brothers in the economy but also in performance as well.

JavierNuvolari
August 25th, 2006, 14:30
Interesting article, I knew that diesels were good but never thought that A8 diesel outperformed the petrol version. It really good that diesels have evolved so much in the last few years. Here in Chile a lot of people are prefering diesels over petrol powered cars, as matter a fact now you actually see diesel A6s when a few years ago it was very rare to find one.

Javier

Benman
August 25th, 2006, 16:42
Yes, I heard that the 4.2 TDI was quicker than its petrol counterpart. This just cements my TDI preaching but alas, it would seem I'm one of the very few voices in America that actually wants to see this Stateside...:(

But what I would really think is neat, instead of the Q7 coming here in the future with a petrol hybrid (which it will), it should have a TDI hybrid system. This afterall isn't anything new for Audi. They were the first to showcase a TDI hybrid way back in the day with the "Duo" Concept Car (Audi needs to start leading again):