PDA

View Full Version : New A6 design?

Snow
April 4th, 2003, 13:32
Greetings boys and girls...
I found this picture at sportbilen.se
It's said to be a spy-pic of the new A6. I think I like it... Havn't decided just yet... :confused:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/pfe88c36161d4c0122c3b5117c42d668b/fc65e860.jpg[/url]

It looks awfully "photoshoped"... I am in seroius doubt... Very similar to the Nuvolari too...

Hm, looks like sportbilen.se has disable the link-feature... Well, if you want to take a look, it's here : http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/pfe88c36161d4c0122c3b5117c42d668b/fc65e860.jpg

darkseid
April 4th, 2003, 15:43
Looks like a photochopped picture of the Nuvolari.

And usually spy-pics are taken when the car is driving or something.

Benman
April 4th, 2003, 21:53
how about this pic? the new A6?

dabull
April 5th, 2003, 02:08
I believe that is the 2004 A6, that is the front end that they showed me at my dealership.

Snow
April 5th, 2003, 14:14
Sweet!
That's really nice looking! If that's the final design then I like it a lot better then the current A6... :0:
If you compare that image to the "spy-pic" then you'll see that the differences aren't that big.
Sometimes, auto magazines "create" an un-masked car from a spy-pic where the car is masked. Therefor (spelling?) they guess how the car will look and if this is the case then they thought that the headligths would look a lot like the Nuvolari's. Just a theorie...
But if there is a new A6 incoming, why didn't they build the RS 6 with that body?

JP4
April 5th, 2003, 14:49
Originally posted by Snow
Sweet!

But if there is a new A6 incoming, why didn't they build the RS 6 with that body?

It's seems that Audi's motus operendi over the last several years has been to make an RS version of a model just before production of the current version stops.

Alex K
April 5th, 2003, 16:11
It is not just Audi´s "modus operandi" to release the high performance / low volume version(s) of a model relatively late in the product cycle.
BMW and Mercedes are very alike in this procedure.

There are two main reasons:

1. Any business usually has limited ressources in R&D so volume models need to come first to make up for development / investment costs as quickly as possible (the NPV-dilemma).

2. The development time and effort necessary for a high performance model like the RS 6 is often under-estimated by the public. Most of the time a multitude of components and systems need to be modified or developed from scratch. Here, limited ressources and chances for a speedy pay-back come into play again.

Just my 2 cents worth.......

JP4
April 5th, 2003, 16:16
Originally posted by Alex K
It is not just Audi´s "modus operandi" to release the high performance / low volume version(s) of a model relatively late in the product cycle.
BMW and Mercedes are very alike in this procedure.

There are two main reasons:

1. Any business usually has limited ressources in R&D so volume models need to come first to make up for development / investment costs as quickly as possible (the NPV-dilemma).

2. The development time and effort necessary for a high performance model like the RS 6 is often under-estimated by the public. Most of the time a multitude of components and systems need to be modified or developed from scratch. Here, limited ressources and chances for a speedy pay-back come into play again.

I agree completely Alex. My observations have been the same. BTW- thanks for correcting my latin spelling. I'm a bit rusty! ;)

JP4 :addict:

Snow
April 5th, 2003, 16:55
Yeah, you're probably right... Guess you can't have it all... :rolleyes: But with the new A7 and the Nuvolari, certainly noone can blame Audi for not being aggressive in there production planing... Two sport cars (excl. the RS 6) in just a few years... That's the way to go! :incar:
Audi and Porsche = :king:

darkseid
April 6th, 2003, 00:03
The A7 won't be available before 2007, according to an article.

Hope they don't change the design to much, because it is by far one of the smoooothest SUV's I have seen.

sprint Blue
April 6th, 2003, 00:35
The RS 6 coming out at the end of the A6 model production is not necessarily a bad thing. All the "kinks" from the present model line will have been ironed out by the time the RS 6 comes out. I never buy a car the first couple of years after it comes out due to recalls and the usual problems with new model cars( stuff that wasn't discovered during the testing phase). The best time to buy is when the model has been out for a few years and the car has been upgraded over the subsequent years. For example, my Audi dealer told me that even the "crappy" nav system coming with the RS 6 has been upgraded every year since the present A6 model first came out so it's really more user friendly than those on the initial A6's when they first came out. The RS6 will be an extremely well built Audi with, IMHO, very few problems if any at all.
:addict:

Dave
April 7th, 2003, 15:15
Don't like the new look...

Looks like a frog catching flys :bang: