PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 On the Move.

Iceman
August 23rd, 2006, 17:00
R8 on the move. (http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/23/video-the-audi-r8-undisguised-and-unleashed)

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2006, 18:12
Beaten to the scoop. This was already posted by Tanner at 13:44 today.

Hans, your losing your touch. :eye:

MR USER
August 23rd, 2006, 18:32
THe sound of the engine is different to the RS4....
and those gearchages....they sound much like a dsg! or some osrt of semi automatic box

Iceman
August 23rd, 2006, 18:38
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Beaten to the scoop. This was already posted by Tanner at 13:44 today.

Hans, your losing your touch. :eye:
I haven't look in that thread, don't expect the movie there.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2006, 21:15
It was only a friendly dig, Hans.:0: I know your insight into new models is highly valued by all of us.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2006, 21:22
Originally posted by MR USER
THe sound of the engine is different to the RS4....
and those gearchages....they sound much like a dsg! or some osrt of semi automatic box

100% that is either a semi-automatic or the DSG, you just can't change gear that quick manually, well not me anyway.

By the way, after seeing this video I now love the look of it. So much better than the black one.

It's nice to see testdrivers who act friendly.

MR USER
August 24th, 2006, 00:54
I do not think that is the speed of gerachange to make it "different" IMO is the way the rev decrease constantly every gearchange no matter what.... i just sounds like a dsg!

For the engine I was listening to the tone of the V10... and that is definetly too low to be a V10!!! On the otehr hand m car sounds differet.... May be they have a different setup and exaust for the V8... maybe the same setup that will be in th RS4+!

Just speculation without any backup.... I start to sound like an old man telling stories about the time when I was young!!!

IulianUM
August 24th, 2006, 01:49
Sounds a lot like the S8 to me , read somewere that it is gonna have the E-gear from Lamborghini , but hey I could be wrong .
Anyway nice car . :bye:

Iceman
August 24th, 2006, 10:13
i don't like the sound of that at all, i prever a V10.

Hans.

IulianUM
August 24th, 2006, 16:38
If it is an V10 , we are talking of the S8 engine or another one ? .
If is a version of the S8 one it doesn“t sound bad , but I understand what you are saying Iceman .

AndyBG
August 25th, 2006, 01:07
I'm sorry if it is a re-post, but did we have these pic's on our forum?

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_2106.shtml

:vhmmm:

Iceman
August 25th, 2006, 01:15
Originally posted by AndyBG
I'm sorry if it is a re-post, but did we have these pic's on our forum?

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_2106.shtml

:vhmmm:
Yes, and there is a movie of it on Autoexpress.co.uk.

Hans.

AndyBG
August 25th, 2006, 01:22
Ok, i'm sorry, again... :0:

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2006, 17:07
Originally posted by AndyBG
Ok, i'm sorry, again... :0:

In Autocar this week, they showed pictures of this video just posted. In it they are saying that the R8 will first be launched with a V10 engine, DSG (S-Tronic) gearbox and a likely £80K price tag and then later with the RS4 V8 and 6 speed. I must admit that in the video the R8 does sound like it's using some form of semi-automatic gearbox and it doesn't sound much like a RS4 either. Could they be right and everyone of us that have been posting a V8 to start with, wrong.

Iceman
August 26th, 2006, 17:23
I can assure you that the R8 in that video not sound like a V10.
It's a 4.2 V8 FSI and it sound different then the RS4 version because it have a shorter and different exhaust system.
It have some kind of a autobox. (E-Gear)
Futher it's Autocar and they talk a lot of BS most of the time.

Auto Express R8 Video. (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/autoexpresstv/spyshotvideos/200300/audi_r8.html)

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2006, 18:46
Originally posted by Iceman
I can assure you that the R8 in that video not sound like a V10.
It's a 4.2 V8 FSI and it sound different then the RS4 version because it have a shorter and different exhaust system.
It have some kind of a autobox. (E-Gear)
Futher it's Autocar and they talk a lot of BS most of the time.

Hans.

As I haven't heard the S8 or S6, I could only assume what they sounded like and as the R8 didn't sound much like the RS4 I put two and two together and got it wrong. And again with no knowledge of the E-Gear, I again assume that it was the DSG box, though I still feel that the DSG will be there at the launch.

I know Autocar can talk a lot of BS at times, but it's usually only when they are praising BMWs.:hihi:

Qisha
August 26th, 2006, 21:24
the R8 will first be launched with a V10 engine, DSG (S-Tronic) gearbox and a likely £80K price tag

Dear Friends,

no to this. The Engine is based on the RS4 V8 Engine but slightly modified. Air Intake and a different Exhaust System. The Car in the Video uses a Prototype Gearbox combined with the V8. BUT this set-up is not available at launch, manual instead.

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2006, 21:32
Qisha,

Was there anything that Autocar got right, like the price.

You say experimental gearbox, I take it you mean DSG or is this something different.

RS4 engine but slightly different, does any of this mods give extra power or just the same as the RS4.

Also have you any info on the interior design, is it like the prototype or more like the TT/main stream models.

96a4
August 29th, 2006, 16:14
WOW very nice

phEight
September 21st, 2006, 07:35
Sir Qisha

I don't post on these boards too often, however just wanted to let you know I appreciate that you keep us folk up to speed on such things. :thumb:

R8 definitely looks very nice, I cannot wait till the release :wo: