PDA

View Full Version : Yet another giddy review

stinsy
August 23rd, 2006, 15:57
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/FREE/60809006/1006/FREE They're right about the boy racers wanting to drag. I get guys pulling beside me even when I've got my two boys in the back seat.

tsunami racer
August 23rd, 2006, 18:59
i went from a Subaru STi to an RS4 so the number of ricers wanting to race actually DECREASED for me :thumb:

i don't think even alot of car guys know (at least in steak and potato eating USA) what an RS4 really is and think we're driving pimped out A4's. which i think is a good thing. incognito!!

stinsy
August 23rd, 2006, 19:04
It may be because I'm in Audi country, but I get wide-eyed looks from people all the time, or thumbs up. It's funny, the difference between people's reaction to my B5 S4 and this is night and day.

BigRick
August 23rd, 2006, 22:46
Same thing here. Almost caused an accident yesterday (for the fourth time) The guy was just not looking anywhere else... just the RS4. That's not exactly where he should have been looking in the middle of traffic.

It's not like you're driving a Ferrari with everyone looking at you but those that know the car will give you thumbs up and for me this is exactly what I expected. You know that they are "connaisseurs" when they stare at you (the car I mean) :rs4addict

MR USER
August 24th, 2006, 00:08
Back in April when I recieved my car (the second day I had it) I was driving to Milan on a highway. I was on the overtaking lane and a Guy on a green kawasaki approches me from the right, he gets a good look at the car (I think back then not even a single one was delivered in ialty) ant he turned back to his frightened girfriend (she looked more like a backpack with a helmet on top cause she was hanging on him sooo tight!!! she must have been so scared) and i could see his lips going "Questa macchina ha 420 cavalli" -this car has 420 horses-.
I smiled :hahahehe: shifted down 2 gears :incar: and nailed it no matter what! 3rd 4th 5th and he was on my tail 2 meters from the rear bumper.... you should have seen his face :D, he overtook me from the right and did a wheely at 230 kph. My girlfriend that was sitting next to me all the time silent suddenly said "next time you two can get a room and wank while you listen to the engine, you are a big baby!" Dam she is soo spot on! I cannot refrain myself!!! I am a very charitable person, if they want to listen to my :rs4kiss: 's music is because they love it as much as i do.... how can you not give them what they crave so bad... I think i could go to hell if I kept my :rs4kiss: all for me!!!

IulianUM
August 24th, 2006, 00:43
:applause::applause:
My girlfriend that was sitting next to me all the time silent suddenly said "next time you two can get a room and wank while you listen to the engine, you are a big baby!" :applause::applause:

We all are .:rs4addict

stinsy
August 24th, 2006, 14:03
Wife says I'm an idiot about the car, but she doesn't pass up any opportunity to drive it, which makes me mental. I have no real excuse why she can't drive it, but it ties me up in knots. I'm working on the excuse that the tires may be prone to popping if she hits a pothole, but that doesn't seem to be working. Luckily, it's rare that she gets the chance to grab my keys.

gazzab
August 24th, 2006, 23:45
Stinsy I am proud to say or happy that I have so far kept the other half out of the car!

Gazzab

dxben
August 25th, 2006, 06:26
Originally posted by MR USER
Back in April when I recieved my car (the second day I had it) I was driving to Milan on a highway. I was on the overtaking lane and a Guy on a green kawasaki approches me from the right, he gets a good look at the car (I think back then not even a single one was delivered in ialty) ant he turned back to his frightened girfriend (she looked more like a backpack with a helmet on top cause she was hanging on him sooo tight!!! she must have been so scared) and i could see his lips going "Questa macchina ha 420 cavalli" -this car has 420 horses-.
I smiled :hahahehe: shifted down 2 gears :incar: and nailed it no matter what! 3rd 4th 5th and he was on my tail 2 meters from the rear bumper.... you should have seen his face :D, he overtook me from the right and did a wheely at 230 kph. My girlfriend that was sitting next to me all the time silent suddenly said "next time you two can get a room and wank while you listen to the engine, you are a big baby!" Dam she is soo spot on! I cannot refrain myself!!! I am a very charitable person, if they want to listen to my :rs4kiss: 's music is because they love it as much as i do.... how can you not give them what they crave so bad... I think i could go to hell if I kept my :rs4kiss: all for me!!!

Dude, you are awesome. That post had me laughing for 10 minutes straight. You sound a lot like me, cheers!

dxben
August 25th, 2006, 06:26
Originally posted by stinsy
Wife says I'm an idiot about the car, but she doesn't pass up any opportunity to drive it, which makes me mental. I have no real excuse why she can't drive it, but it ties me up in knots. I'm working on the excuse that the tires may be prone to popping if she hits a pothole, but that doesn't seem to be working. Luckily, it's rare that she gets the chance to grab my keys.

Heh, my wife has no driving license and even when she does get it, it aint gonna be for a 6mt ;)

BryanF
August 25th, 2006, 11:14
Guys

Thanks for the advice about the oil consumption.I wasn't aware that it was an issue until I read this post.

I've just gone and checked...........after 4300 kms it was half way between min and max.One litre was all it took to bring it back up to just below the max.

Gaazzab .....there should be a one litre container in the spare wheel recess that now stores the battery.

My wife drives my RS4 and she loves it....She is a bigger leadfoot than me !!!!!!!!

I'm cool about it because it means that I can buy almost any car (within a price of course ) without any grief !!

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2006, 11:54
Originally posted by MR USER
My girlfriend that was sitting next to me all the time silent suddenly said "next time you two can get a room and wank while you listen to the engine, you are a big baby!" Dam she is soo spot on! I cannot refrain myself!!!

You see, when you're driving a RS4 this is why I call driving gloves condoms. You need protection from little mistakes.:hahahehe: