PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs. S6 - need info

GNXJerry
August 23rd, 2006, 14:52
I know a Lady who has an Audi. I thought it was an RS6, but since I know little about it, I now believe it is an S6 with RS6 badging. It doesn't have paddle shifters, which I think they all do.
The mugello blue car does have a S-line badging on the outside trim along with the emblems for twin turbo and all wheel drive.

My question is did the S6 come with twin turbo like the RS6?

Please inform me about the differences between RS6 and S6.

thanks,

drive safe

JERRY

AndyBG
August 23rd, 2006, 16:30
Not all RS 6s has F1 style padlles

lookk at exhaust, if it is two ovals (left and right) then it could be RS 6, if it has two smaller round tailpipes (left and right), then its not RS 6, diferences go on and on...

RS 6, from behind...

SpinEcho
August 24th, 2006, 01:42
Are you sure it has an RS6 badge or just an S-line badge? Audi sold a small run of 2.7T A6 S-lines in North America a few years ago, and it sounds like it may be one of those...

GNXJerry
August 24th, 2006, 17:01
....if I remember correctly, the tailpipes were rounded not oval.
There is an RS6 emblem on the rear but not in the front grill.
Also the front grill in NOT the honeycomb style I see on all RS6s.
This has the horizontal lines,and an emblem..either quatro or S-line. But for sure the sides have an S-line in the molding and two emblems on doors...twin turbo and all wheel drive.

Did the A6 S-line have a 2.7 litre 6 cylinder with twin turbo?
Also is there a difference between an A6 S-line and an S6?
Sure would like to know how many of each were made, and/or
shipped to the USA.

Thanks for the info.

JERRY

AndyBG
August 24th, 2006, 22:39
A6 (C5) 2.7 T quattro

2671 ccm
V6 bi-turbo engine,
developing 250 bhp.

Here, you can take a look...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audi/index.htm

JAXRS6
August 26th, 2006, 04:34
In the generation of cars to which the current RS6 belongs, the only S6 brought to the States was a wagon. The only RS6 brought here was the sedan. So if it's a sedan you're asking about, it could not have been an S6. Several owners of other A6 models have modded their sedans to resemble an RS6 cosmetically, however.

LIRS6
August 28th, 2006, 21:27
Open the hood