PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait....

sockamber
August 23rd, 2006, 10:13
Well my baby is almost available for delivery. The car arrived in town last week and should be at the dealers any day now. With a bit of luck I'll have it this weekend.

I actually think my family are keeping me in the dark and that the dealer is letting them in on when etc before me so that they can surprise me. Hopefully, I'll know soon enough if my hunch is correct.

The wait is almost over.

Michael S.:rs4addict

Fab
August 23rd, 2006, 12:01
I hope for you that your thought is correct and that you'll get it sooner because the last few days are very very very very llloooonnnnggggg.

Congrats :0:

sockamber
August 24th, 2006, 11:14
It's been confirmed tomorrow at 3.00pm I collect my baby.

Michael :rs4addict

Fab
August 24th, 2006, 11:48
I got mine last Friday at 2:00pm that's funny

This car is just FANTASTIC. Enjoy

tictac...tictac...tictac

:D :D :D :D

jasaretta
August 24th, 2006, 12:28
Originally posted by sockamber
It's been confirmed tomorrow at 3.00pm I collect my baby.

Michael :rs4addict

Nie work! You'll hate it. :D

Time for an RS4 convoy... LOL

oh and an advanced driving course with your mate ;)

sockamber
August 25th, 2006, 12:26
At 3.00pm today I coolected my new toy. When I arrived the car was waiting in the showroom with "Learner Plates" stuck on th windscreen. My young 17YO son was hoping he could take it for a spin!! Not a chance.

As I left all the staff at the dealers came out to hear the sound (it was the 1st RS4 they sold). It was really quite amusing.

Then a short time later I was pulled up by the police!! Yep, that's right. No I awsn't speeding. Their excuse was that I didn't indicate that I was turning. I know I did. Anyway, their next sentence was "We're not going to book you, oh and by the way what is this car?".

So, I reckon they were just checking it out.

I've only done 100km so far. Wow.

Can't wait until tomorrow - Saturday - a whole day to drive and have some fun.

Michael
:rs4kiss:

Fab
August 25th, 2006, 13:02
This car is a pure "hapiness machine"

:revs: :incar: :rs4kiss:

BryanF
August 25th, 2006, 13:11
Michael

Congratulations...............About time too !!

From personnal experience the feeling justs gets better.Be patient for the first 2500kms then let it rip.The pop of the exhaust when changing between 2nd and 3rd and then 3rd to 4th at 8000prm is V8 supercar stuff.

Now that we have all got our cars,I think the awesome foursome should get together for a drive by and photo shoot.

Sept 2nd sounds good to me.Your thoughts ?

Bryan

IulianUM
August 25th, 2006, 20:39
Welcome . What happens in Australia ? You like Rs4 more than the rest of the world .

Enjoy . :rs4addict

sockamber
August 25th, 2006, 22:15
Sept 2 is good fpr me - we now need to confirm where to meet and time.

To kick off the thinking - what about Port Melbourne - that might make for some good photo's -

as to the time - I'm easy

Michael:rs4addict

jasaretta
August 26th, 2006, 02:20
Originally posted by sockamber
Sept 2 is good fpr me - we now need to confirm where to meet and time.

To kick off the thinking - what about Port Melbourne - that might make for some good photo's -

as to the time - I'm easy

Michael:rs4addict

I'm in!! :D

Congratulations Michael - funny isn't it!!!!

Looking forward to sep2 - BTW is this a boys only drive? ;)

BryanF
August 27th, 2006, 12:52
Michael,James ,Garry

I'm easy for the weekend.From my piont of view partners are always welcome though my wife is in Canberra for the weekend.I thought it would be good to catch up with each other, gather some photos and do a little bit of touring.

I know some good roads through Kangaroo Ground and Yarra Glen to Yea across to Alexandria and then back through the BlackSpur into Healsville.Some nice and twisty stuff punctuated by some short straights....RS4 country !!Probably around a 2.5- 3 hour round trip depending on where you start.We could probably meet at my place as it's on the fringe of this area and will allow for some great photos.

That said I'm happy to meet any where and go anywhere.

A meeting time of around 11am would allow for us the appropriately prepare our babies for their first AWESOME FOURSOME outing.

Your thoughts !!

Bryan

sockamber
August 27th, 2006, 13:12
Sounds good to me. My wife is also likely to be away this weekend. It sounds like meeting at your place is a good idea - is that ok with you?

If it's ok - then we'll need an address (via PM)

Regards

Michael

gazzab
August 27th, 2006, 14:17
Michael who was your dealer?

Gazzab

sockamber
August 27th, 2006, 22:37
Audi Brighton.

Also, re Saturday 12.00 is ok with me - would it suit you fellas better if we went towards Red Hill/Flinders - seeing that we're leaving a bit later. It's a bit shorter time wise. Just a thought

Michael

BryanF
August 28th, 2006, 02:29
Michael,Garry ,James

How about 12am at the Pier Hotel in Port Melbourne(need the address) as you have suggested.

Happy to head down the Penninsula.

My 18 yo son may also come.

Bryan

sockamber
August 28th, 2006, 08:29
Ok - it seems that the Peninsula is on the cards.

The car park is located opposite the Pier Hotel - Cnr Bay Street & Beaconsfield Parade Port Melbourne.

With some luck my son (17.5) will also join us.

See you at 12.00

Regards

Michael

gazzab
August 28th, 2006, 13:04
Guys I have an alternative suggestion, I live in Mentone, if you guys wanted an earlier start, you could meet me at home just after 1130am, then we could head to the Peninsula, I have a commitment til 1130, by leaving from here we could save nearly an hour, we could book in for lunch at a winery , and "explore" the hills with the "beasts". Jasaretta has my contact details and I will PM Michael and Bryan with my email and mobile and we can arrange things offline.

Gazzab

jasaretta
August 28th, 2006, 14:18
I'm easy - ;) just decide where and when and I will be there with RS4 and camera.

james

sockamber
August 28th, 2006, 23:14
Perfect - suits me

Michael